VCOM Post-Bacc Program 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied in November, but I was just kidding. DO is much better than Caribbean. I had originally applied to AUC in St. Maarten.

Oh gosh. I was just waiting for all the people to come into this thread and rip you apart for saying that. :inpain:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any luck finding an apartment?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I found a couple but looking for a roommate to offset the high cost.

Prefer female!

lmk if anyone is looking.

Reactions: 1 users

Look up TnT Management in Blacksburg. We got our place through them and the prices are more reasonable then what I saw during my scouting. You can chose between Blacksburg and Christiansburg.

Just applied to this program a couple weeks ago.

AACOMAS GPAs are 2.89 science & 3.09 overall.

I'll be taking the MCAT for the first time later on this summer. I graduated in 2013 and have loads of clinical experience as a medical assistant the past couple years. Plenty of shadowing, mission trips, and all that. I graduated with a GPA much lower but have been retaking courses to get my GPA up since I graduated. I am not a VA resident.

Do you guys think I have a shot at an acceptance? Has anyone been accepted with similar stats?

Just applied to this program a couple weeks ago.

AACOMAS GPAs are 2.89 science & 3.09 overall.

I'll be taking the MCAT for the first time later on this summer. I graduated in 2013 and have loads of clinical experience as a medical assistant the past couple years. Plenty of shadowing, mission trips, and all that. I graduated with a GPA much lower but have been retaking courses to get my GPA up since I graduated. I am not a VA resident.

Do you guys think I have a shot at an acceptance? Has anyone been accepted with similar stats?

Could go either way at this point. Someone else got in with a 2.88 sGPA. Your application is way late compared to everyone else that applied in Dec, Jan, Feb and still waiting for decisions. Depending on the power of your recs and statements, you might get in if they still have room next month. I haven't heard anything yet on how many seats are left. I applied in early Feb with a 3.2/3.3 Sci/Cum and 26 MCAT and haven't heard anything but that I am in queue. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Does anyone know about a vcom post bacc transition scholarship? I was researching and found many students that received this scholarship on their class yearbook, but I cannot find any information on the scholarship.

I've never heard of it! Looking through their website, it says that they do not offer any scholarships for the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never heard of it! Looking through their website, it says that they do not offer any scholarships for the program.

Yea I don't think its for the Post bacc but for Post bacc students that meet the admission requirements.

Could go either way at this point. Someone else got in with a 2.88 sGPA. Your application is way late compared to everyone else that applied in Dec, Jan, Feb and still waiting for decisions. Depending on the power of your recs and statements, you might get in if they still have room next month. I haven't heard anything yet on how many seats are left. I applied in early Feb with a 3.2/3.3 Sci/Cum and 26 MCAT and haven't heard anything but that I am in queue. Best of luck!

Thanks for the response. I realize my chances are probably < 50% at this point but I figured I'd give it a shot. If I don't get in I'll just end up applying again next cycle most likely. Good luck to you as well!

Mind sharing your stats ? Congratulations btw I applied around that time so I hope to hear back soon!

Haven't gotten in yet haha! Fingers still crossed

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear back last Friday?

Does anyone happen to know how many people they're taking this year? It seems to me from previous forums that last year they were accepting people until the very last minute. My stats are "okay"- I retook a few of my science pre-req's so I'm not sure how they calculated my undergrad GPA, but that should be around a 3.0-3.2. My GPA from my master's (in neuroscience) was a 3.1, and I have two really good recommendation letters and I led a couple of medical mission trips and have other good extracurriculars and clinical work. Finishing up my pre-req's now, and taking the MCAT in June. I wrote a very genuine personal statement. This is a great post-bac, I wonder what kind of qualities they are looking for? My only concern is that my application got sent in relatively late; I had my application submitted in January but it took until mid-march for one of my recommendation letters to get submitted. Also, I'm an ohio resident (went to ohio state for undergrad). I know there's no point in really typing this out after the fact that I already applied, but I would like to know what you guys think. AND congrats again to all the sparkly people who got in, I bet you're pumped :)

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to know how many people they're taking this year? It seems to me from previous forums that last year they were accepting people until the very last minute. My stats are "okay"- I retook a few of my science pre-req's so I'm not sure how they calculated my undergrad GPA, but that should be around a 3.0-3.2. My GPA from my master's (in neuroscience) was a 3.1, and I have two really good recommendation letters and I led a couple of medical mission trips and have other good extracurriculars and clinical work. Finishing up my pre-req's now, and taking the MCAT in June. I wrote a very genuine personal statement. This is a great post-bac, I wonder what kind of qualities they are looking for? My only concern is that my application got sent in relatively late; I had my application submitted in January but it took until mid-march for one of my recommendation letters to get submitted. Also, I'm an ohio resident (went to ohio state for undergrad). I know there's no point in really typing this out after the fact that I already applied, but I would like to know what you guys think. AND congrats again to all the sparkly people who got in, I bet you're pumped :)

They accept 100 students! Don't give up hope! Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Do they accept 100 or matriculate 100?

A 100-person incoming class is actually really large!

Does anyone happen to know how many people they're taking this year?

Ms. Hewitt told me via email that "We're anticipating around 500+ applications to the program this year and our goal is to seat 100 students."

Hope that helps!

Under the FAQ section on their website, it says "The program is capped at 100 students per year"!

Don't suppose she mentioned how many seats were left?

Have any early February applicants heard anything back yet? I desperately need a response this week!

Anyone staying in the Cedarfield apartments?

I applied like second day of February and I was told last week to not expect a response till mid May
Oh goodness, that's a long time. I need to figure out an MCAT date and it entirely depends on this program :(

Orientation is July 25!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an acceptance email yesterday morning!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone,

I read on last year's post bacc thread that the application deadline was extended until May 25th, at least for those who applied to the D.O. program and weren't accepted. Does anyone know if that is also the case this year by any chance?

Thanks!