VCOM Post-Bacc Program 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish! U see the way my bank account is set up is that I'm just using the Kaplan books ! LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish! U see the way my bank account is set up is that I'm just using the Kaplan books ! LOL

Hahahah I understand that! The books are worth it too! You're not missing much with the classes, it's mostly just tips.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hey,
I have a question regarding the classes and how they will be utilized in the AMCAS/AACOMAS application. Since these courses are not for a master's degree, but are post-bacc, are they still integrated with your undergrad GPA, or are they used as graduate level classes, used for graduate level GPA? I have tried to do research on this and am unsure. If anyone knows the answer to this question that would be great!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's a Facebook group for this years VCOM postbacc students?

Yay! Congratulations to everyone who got their acceptance today!

Awesome to see some more acceptances. I was accepted last month as well! Looking forward to meeting all my new classmates! Best of luck to those still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Yes that is true I was looking at the post from vcom post bac last year. Most had them already... i need this acceptance so I can be done with all this anticipation lol

I received an email from Dr. Brian Hill yesterday stating they are only 50% full right now so will be accepting quite a few more students. They cap out at 100 for enrollment. So for those still waiting to hear, that's encouraging news!

Last edited:
Did they tell you that your mcat score was good enough to meet the benchmarks of the program to guarantee acceptance to the med school or that you would need to retake it?
They didn't tell me anything but the minimum is 500 so I probably would have to

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats guys! I applied a week into February so hopefully I hear something this week.

To all those accepted, have all acceptance emails been received on Mondays? If so I'm eagerly awaiting next Monday!

I received mine on a Friday. I'm sure you'll hear something soon! Good luck!

I never got any news from them, submitted my application a while back

Congratulations everyone!

I received the email around 4:00 today. I transferred my application over from the DO program 3/21 but my last transcript wasn't in until 4/21. And no I am from NC

Congrats on the acceptance! I also have a question, if you don't mind. Was the last transcript you sent in because you were taking a required course when you applied? I applied before I finished my coursework this semester and I'm wondering if they'll want an updated transcript since I wasn't taking any pre-requisite courses. I haven't heard anything back from them.

Thanks for any info and good luck!

N
I got a loan through Sallie Mae.

Has anyone found any good apartments?

nope! They all seem pretty expensive 900 a month! Cost of living seems pretty high there. Anyone else seen any apartments close to campus with a good price?

N

nope! They all seem pretty expensive 900 a month! Cost of living seems pretty high there. Anyone else seen any apartments close to campus with a good price?

Yeah! I'm thinking of trying at Cedarfield. It's through the same rental agency as the Knollwood properties and it's only 5 minutes from the school!

A 2 bedroom is $876-970, a one bedroom is $772-834. It also comes with all major appliances, and is pet friendly.

Received my acceptance yesterday morning!

Stats: 3.1 cGPA, 3.1 sGPA. No MCAT.
Applied 2/8 and was told I would receive a reply mid-May.

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! And to those still waiting for a reply, hang in there and hope for the best :)

Reactions: 3 users
N

Just put in my application today for a one bedroom at fox croft! It's a five minute drive to VCOM, but a little cheaper and pet friendly and only open to grad students so fingers crossed!

Congrats on the acceptance! I also have a question, if you don't mind. Was the last transcript you sent in because you were taking a required course when you applied? I applied before I finished my coursework this semester and I'm wondering if they'll want an updated transcript since I wasn't taking any pre-requisite courses. I haven't heard anything back from them.

Thanks for any info and good luck!
My AACOMAS application didn't have Fall 2015 grades since I applied before that semester was over. When my application was transferred to the post bac program I was told I needed to send in Fall 2015 grades and Spring 2016 courses. I was finished with pre reqs and they had all of those grades regardless of Fall 2015 transcript.