VCOM rotations in northern VA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamrock

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi VCOM students- Does your school have rotations available outside of Blacksburg (specifically closer to D.C.)? Also, who is the contact person to set up visiting rotations? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

VCOM's core sites are scattered throughout southwest and southern VA, parts of North Carolina, and we send some to UMDNJ. As far as NOVA goes, I believe we have (?had) rotation sites in Woodstock and Front Royal. Each year, it seems, the rotation zones are restructured, so I cannot say where rotations will be in the future (or what other region those rotations will be coupled with). Some people have also been granted exceptions for "extreme hardship," and did all of their rotations outside of the network (at least one of my classmates was in Faifax, I believe).

As for a person to contact, are you asking for who you would contact should you wish to set up a rotation in our local network, as a visiting medical student from another school, or who to contact as far as setting up rotations outside of the standard sites? If the later, I am unsure. If the former, I would think that you would bypass the school entirely, and contact the hospitals directly.