General Admissions & OTCAS VCU Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brighton421

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone on here apply to VCU for early decision?

I figured this could serve as a thread for when people start hearing back! Everyone hears back by January 15th, but they told me December 1st is their goal each year.

Members don't see this ad.

I think I just made the application deadline for early decision (my OTCAS application was verified Oct 31), but apart from confirmation that my Added Value essay was received, I haven't heard anything.

You are probably good to go! When I visited they said as long as your application was submitted to OTCAS by Nov 1st. you were fine. It seems odd, that they said submitted, not verified by the deadline, either way, you should be good! One of my former classmates is a current student and she said she found out the second week of November I think. But I haven't heard anything from VCU either aside from the receipt of my essay and that they were preparing my application and I sent them my stuff on 10/22. I was told Dr. Simons would be contacting me soon, but alas nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
You are probably good to go! When I visited they said as long as your application was submitted to OTCAS by Nov 1st. you were fine. It seems odd, that they said submitted, not verified by the deadline, either way, you should be good! One of my former classmates is a current student and she said she found out the second week of November I think. But I haven't heard anything from VCU either aside from the receipt of my essay and that they were preparing my application and I sent them my stuff on 10/22. I was told Dr. Simons would be contacting me soon, but alas nothing...
Really hope you get into VCU!! Good luck!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Received an email last night notifying me that I have been offered full acceptance into VCU's MSOT Class of 2017.

Congratulations!