VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nope. I'm flying. Do you know where you're staying? I am staying at the Hilton Garden. The prices weren't ridiculous and it is within walking distance of the school.

I'm probably driving in though I haven't booked any hotels yet. Hilton Garden looks like a likely place though

Members don't see this ad.

Got a call yesterday from VCU and scheduled my interview for Feb 2. My first interview!!! I'm excited but nervous about the writing part. VCU is in-state for me, so it would be a practical choice if I got in.

The writing part is nothing to worry about! It's very short and from what I've heard they just want to make sure you can write coherently. Best of luck - you'll do great!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call yesterday from VCU and scheduled my interview for Feb 2. My first interview!!! I'm excited but nervous about the writing part. VCU is in-state for me, so it would be a practical choice if I got in.

Don't worry, the writing part was really easy. Focus more on your answers to interview questions.

Just got a call for an interview & was able to schedule for this weekend 1/19 because of a cancellation. This is my first interview! I was slighlty surprised to hear back already, but I know they do favor VT grads.

I submitted mid-november & was verified mid-december if that helps anyone!

I got a call today and was scheduled for 1/26. I haven't got the package yet so I don't know what will be in the interview. I read through every post in the thread but am quite surprised about the writing part? Anybody can clear it out for me? Thanks :)

I got a call today and was scheduled for 1/26. I haven't got the package yet so I don't know what will be in the interview. I read through every post in the thread but am quite surprised about the writing part? Anybody can clear it out for me? Thanks :)
The writing part isn't anything to be worried about. You get 40 minutes to write a one page response to a hypothetical situation. It's just to see that you can use correct grammar and write coherently. Most of the people in my group didn't even use the whole 40 minutes.

Has anyone from the 1/19 interview date heard from VCU?

Last edited:
Has anyone from the 1/19 interview date heard from VCU?
I interviewed on 1/12 and I haven't heard anything from them yet other than the post interview follow up. I remember them saying the committee was meeting for the first time at the end of January so I'm assuming we won't hear anything back for at least another week?

I interviewed on 1/12 and I haven't heard anything from them yet other than the post interview follow up. I remember them saying the committee was meeting for the first time at the end of January so I'm assuming we won't hear anything back for at least another week?

Yeah the end of Jan is creepin up like 2 more days. Hopefully we will hear back by early Feb?

Happy New Year! The Spring 2013 interviews at VCU will start up again this Saturday, January 12th. The Admissions Committee will meet for the first time this semester around the end of January and every 2-3 weeks after that until the cycle is complete. All deferred applicants are reconsidered at each meeting, particularly if new information has been received (e.g., Fall 2012 grades, new PCAT scores).

^ this

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW just now? Did you get the email today? Also congrats! I cannot check my email I am at work.
Yeah I got the email literally a couple minutes after I posted my previous reply! What a relief. Thank you so much! I hope you all hear good news soon

Does anyone know how long the background takes?

Last edited:
Hey guys! I interviewed on 1/12 and got my preliminary acceptance email yesterday! :)

For future interviewees, I would advise you guys to relax and be personable. Do not be a loner and do not keep to yourself especially when you are spending time with the other interviewees. I got a lot of advice from the other people there because this was my first Rx interview. I would also advise you to work on pronunciation, enunciation, and diction. Best of luck to you all!!!!

Hey everyone!

I got a call yesterday from VCU for an interview on saturday. I feel excited and nervous at the same time. This is my first interview, and I only have a few days to prepare. Can anyone tell me what the format of the interview is and what I should expect?!

Thanks!!

Congratulations to those who have been accepted thus far!!
I applied regular decision and I'm waiting to be given an interview date.

Hey everyone!

I got a call yesterday from VCU for an interview on saturday. I feel excited and nervous at the same time. This is my first interview, and I only have a few days to prepare. Can anyone tell me what the format of the interview is and what I should expect?!

Thanks!!

everything you need is on the SDN interview feedback section for VCU.

Hey guys! I interviewed on 1/12 and got my preliminary acceptance email yesterday! :)

For future interviewees, I would advise you guys to relax and be personable. Do not be a loner and do not keep to yourself especially when you are spending time with the other interviewees. I got a lot of advice from the other people there because this was my first Rx interview. I would also advise you to work on pronunciation, enunciation, and diction. Best of luck to you all!!!!
congrats! guess we'll be classmates this upcoming fall :) did you already receive an email from certiphi? i've been waiting for it and even checked my spam but nothing so far..

congrats! guess we'll be classmates this upcoming fall :) did you already receive an email from certiphi? i've been waiting for it and even checked my spam but nothing so far..
Congrats to you too! :) I haven't received anything from certiphi yet either...... I think it takes them 3-5 business days to process a school's request.

Hey everyone!

Thanks!!

The people were really nice. It was a standard split group: tour, 2 interview sets. The essay wasn't bad, you'll have 40 min but it only takes 5-10. The hard part is after when you're waiting to hear back.

Congratulations to those who have been accepted thus far!!
I applied regular decision and I'm waiting to be given an interview date.

I'm waiting to hear back too! My application was verified 1/2 by PharmCAS and sent out so I hope to hear back soon!

Hi everyone. Just a reminder that the PharmCAS deadline for submitting applications to VCU for the Class of 2017 is today, February 1, 2013.

Hi VCU Admissions,

Is there any word on when the committee will meet next?

Hi VCU Admissions,

Is there any word on when the committee will meet next?

This was the answer I got from VCU

" Happy New Year! The Spring 2013 interviews at VCU will start up again this Saturday, January 12th. The Admissions Committee will meet for the first time this semester around the end of January and every 2-3 weeks after that until the cycle is complete. All deferred applicants are reconsidered at each meeting, particularly if new information has been received (e.g., Fall 2012 grades, new PCAT scores). "

I'm waiting to hear back too! My application was verified 1/2 by PharmCAS and sent out so I hope to hear back soon!

My application was mailed in October of last year.
I called and spoke with the dean, and he went on and on about how they are reluctant in considering candidates from community colleges...so :xf: for me. This is one of my two top choices too!

Has anyone heard back yet from 1/19 interviews? Looks like others heard back about this time for earlier interviews.

1/19 interview date

I don't think we will hear from them until next week.

My friends who interviewed on 1/12 already heard back. Two of my friends got their preliminary acceptance.

I applied here but never heard a peep back. Not a big deal since I plan on going elsewhere now, still I found it a but odd.

The wait is driving me crazy! *crossing my fingers*

once again... has anyone from 1/19 heard?

thanks, I know you were wondering too... my job offered me a promotion but I'd feel like a jerk to accept if I'll be leaving in 6 months, but such is life!

thanks, I know you were wondering too... my job offered me a promotion but I'd feel like a jerk to accept if I'll be leaving in 6 months, but such is life!

It may sound mean but when it comes to your job, you have to look out for yourself. So I would take the promotion for the experience and extra pay if they offer. In the end, you don't owe them anything.

I applied here but never heard a peep back. Not a big deal since I plan on going elsewhere now, still I found it a but odd.

Sorry Billy, but we may not have received your PharmCAS application yet. When we receive applications from PharmCAS we send out an email notifying applicants that their application was received.