VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCU Admissions

VCU Admissions
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome all applicants to the VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2018. Just a reminder that the PharmCAS deadline for Early Decision is a week from today, Tuesday September 3rd. If you know you want to attend VCU/MCV, consider applying Early Decision and alleviate the stress of applying and waiting to hear from multiple pharmacy schools. Early Decision is a particularly good option for out-of-state applicants. VCU/MCV will begin Saturday interview sessions in mid-September. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

If you plan on applying (or are even considering applying) to the VCU School of Pharmacy Class of 2018, be sure to join the new Facebook page for your class: VCU School of Pharmacy Class of 2018.

Members don't see this ad :)
It has been roughly a week since my application was received. How quickly will can early decision candidate receive an interview call?

It has been roughly a week since my application was received. How quickly will can early decision candidate receive an interview call?

The Admissions Committee has started reviewing applications, and phone calls should start going out to some invited students within the next week. We are slowly (but steadily) receiving the ED applications from PharmCAS, so not all interview invitations will go out at the same time.

I just received an email from VCU stating that they have received my PharmCAS application. I then went on PharmCAS and it is saying that my application has not yet been mailed. Also my GPA has not yet been calculated and I an still waiting on two references to submit their LORs. Does anyone know what this means in term of my application being reviewed?

Having my interview this Saturday, the 21st from 1-5pm!!
I'll let y'all know how it goes :)
I'm so pumped.

I just received an email from VCU stating that they have received my PharmCAS application. I then went on PharmCAS and it is saying that my application has not yet been mailed. Also my GPA has not yet been calculated and I an still waiting on two references to submit their LORs. Does anyone know what this means in term of my application being reviewed?

Reviewed by whom? And do YOU know if your references haven't submitted their letters, or are you going by PharmCAS? If you got an email from VCU then i would assume they would have your application, and your GPA-- otherwise they wouldnt send you an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying regular decision and got an interview invite today. I should be interviewing on Oct 12th, but need to confirm.

I'm applying regular decision and got an interview invite today. I should be interviewing on Oct 12th, but need to confirm.
I just got an interview invitation as well! I'll be doing my interview Saturday! Did they tell you they will email you your supplemental application?

I just got an interview invitation as well! I'll be doing my interview Saturday! Did they tell you they will email you your supplemental application?

Not yet--but I haven't been able to confirm the date yet either.

I just got the email with all the information for my interview Saturday! Good luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Same here, I even got a phone call from VCU, I missed it though :(
I'm going to call tmw! I'm sooo scared! Hopefully they called me for an interview.
Hokie14 Did you get an interview?

Same here, I even got a phone call from VCU, I missed it though :(
I'm going to call tmw! I'm sooo scared! Hopefully they called me for an interview.
Hokie14 Did you get an interview?

Yup, I have mine scheduled for the 12th. Don't be scared I'm sure it will be good news!

Hey y'all!
I had my interview on the 21st of Sept and I feel like it went really well. Everyone is super nice and not intimidating at all. The essay is not bad and doesn't have a right or wrong answer. You even get a chance to meet and talk to the dean. The interview portion really covers the basic "why pharmacy? why VCU?" questions and as long as you can coherently express these things, you shouldn't worry. All of it is very straightforward and you meet some really cool people.

Also, wear comfortable shoes. You do a walking tour of the campus/hospital/etc.

Anyone know when the early decision folks are supposed to find out?

Hey y'all!
I had my interview on the 21st of Sept and I feel like it went really well. Everyone is super nice and not intimidating at all. The essay is not bad and doesn't have a right or wrong answer. You even get a chance to meet and talk to the dean. The interview portion really covers the basic "why pharmacy? why VCU?" questions and as long as you can coherently express these things, you shouldn't worry. All of it is very straightforward and you meet some really cool people.

I have a friend who applied ED and I think he said they were supposed to know by Oct 18.

Hey y'all!

I had my interview this recent saturday 10/5 and i had heard from one of the pharmacy students i was talking to that they will include RA and ED at same time for this recent session. Which i believe is oct 18th. Anyone know how many they usually accept in a session?

To all of you who got an interview, do you mind telling us your stats? I just applied today as soon as I was released from my ED choice. Hopefully I'll actually get some good news from some schools soon! :p

Well, they just called me for an interview! It's October 26th.. anyone else? :D

To all of you who got an interview, do you mind telling us your stats? I just applied today as soon as I was released from my ED choice. Hopefully I'll actually get some good news from some schools soon! :p
By stats I'm assuming you mean just test scores and GPA and alma mater?

I graduated from the University of Miami in 2012 Cum Laude with a bachelor's of science in Biology with a chem minor. 3.67 GPA. PCAT Composite 97%

I just had my interview this past Saturday and it went really well! I like the school even more after the session!

By stats I'm assuming you mean just test scores and GPA and alma mater?

I graduated from the University of Miami in 2012 Cum Laude with a bachelor's of science in Biology with a chem minor. 3.67 GPA. PCAT Composite 97%

That's pretty impressive! :) Mine are no where that good. 3.3 GPA and 88 PCAT.

3.62 GPA, 97th percentile PCAT

Omg, guys. I thought we weren't supposed to hear until late next week but.....I got my preliminary acceptance email!!! Yay!!

(For those who don't know, the preliminary acceptance email means I'm accepted pending a background check. So once they do a background check and realize I'm not a serial killer, they'll send an official acceptance in the mail. Could take 2-3 weeks)

I'm ecstatic.

Omg, guys. I thought we weren't supposed to hear until late next week but.....I got my preliminary acceptance email!!! Yay!!

(For those who don't know, the preliminary acceptance email means I'm accepted pending a background check. So once they do a background check and realize I'm not a serial killer, they'll send an official acceptance in the mail. Could take 2-3 weeks)

I'm ecstatic.

Me too :]

Congrats!!

Thanks! Congrats to you too. Looking forward to being in the class of 2018 with you.

they already sent out preliminary acceptances?? when did you guys interview to whom have been accepted.

i interviewed 10/5 anyone from that interview hear anything yet? im getting anxious

Yeah maybe they just are doing decisions on ED. I am RD too and these past few days have been been tough haha

Thanks! Yours are definitely still good though. Don't worry.

Lol we're like the same on paper. Where'd you do undergrad?

Currently at the University of Virginia--finishing up a double major in Biochemistry and Biology.

Got my preliminary acceptance letter, too. :) Has anyone received the Certiphi email yet?

Got my preliminary acceptance letter, too. :) Has anyone received the Certiphi email yet?

Yep, I'm ED- I interviewed on 9/21.

Hey! We interviewed on the same day!
What's your name? Maybe we met.
I'm Kailey. I was the only one from FL and I had light blonde hair.

Haven't gotten the Certiphi thing yet. But, I figure it'll take a little while.

they already sent out preliminary acceptances?? when did you guys interview to whom have been accepted.
I interviewed on 9/21 and I'm ED and got my prelim acceptance.
They might be doing ED folks first.

Hey! We interviewed on the same day!
What's your name? Maybe we met.
I'm Kailey. I was the only one from FL and I had light blonde hair.

Haven't gotten the Certiphi thing yet. But, I figure it'll take a little while.

I remember you! I have red hair. We were in the same walking tour group. I guess I'm just anxious to get the official acceptance letter! :)

I interviewed 10/5 as RD and I'm so anxious to see if I got accepted! Hopefully I'll know in the next couple of weeks!