VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 10/5 as RD and I'm so anxious to see if I got accepted! Hopefully I'll know in the next couple of weeks!

I know right! Do you remember dr. Reinders saying that we should hear back no later than the 18th for RD?

Members don't see this ad.

I remember you! I have red hair. We were in the same walking tour group. I guess I'm just anxious to get the official acceptance letter! :)

I remember you too! Looks like we're gonna be classmates! :)

Yeah, I don't think it'll really feel real until the official letter comes.

I know right! Do you remember dr. Reinders saying that we should hear back no later than the 18th for RD?

I thought he said we would hear back on the 18th as the earliest, but I might not have heard him right. I'm just anxious to know if I got in or not!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I just received my Certiphi email yesterday :D So excited!

I did my interview last week and I did really poorly.... ughhh I'm so worried now

I did my interview last week and I did really poorly.... ughhh I'm so worried now

Why do you think you did poorly?
I'm sure you did better than you think.
I know I'm definitely my own worst critic like that.

Has anyone RD from 10/5 interview heard back yet ?? i know we should hear back by this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I just got an interview today for 11/2 and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what its about or how to prepare. Much preciated

Hey guys I just got an interview today for 11/2 and I was wondering if anyone can give me tips on what its about or how to prepare. Much preciated

I would maybe go into the interview with a few mock interviews under your belt so you can be more comfortable during the real thing. As far as the VCU interview goes, the two 25 minute interviews were very relaxed and the interviewers weren't trying to trick you or ask you hard questions. The best advice I was given was that they invited you to an interview so they know they like you. They just want to see how you will fit into their program and what your personality is like. Best of luck! :)

Hi I was just wondering when you submitted your application, and how long it took for VCU to contact you?

Definitely go into it with confidence. They already like you. They wouldn't interview you if they didn't. The interview is your chance to show them how you are in person as opposed to just on paper. You could have a 99 PCAT and 4.0 GPA; but, if you can't put into words why you want to go to VCU/be a pharmacist or you are awkward to be around/talk to, those credentials won''t mean as much.

None of the questions were that tricky. Most were the general ones: Why Pharmacy? Why VCU? How are your time management skills? How do you manage working on a group project when one member doesn't do their fair share? etc. Besides those, it's more like a conversation. Everyone was nice, smart, and it was fun talking to them.

Hey I am curious for those of you that have been accepted how long do they give you to decide and how much $$$ is the deposit?

I turned in my application second week of september and I got contacted earlier this week

Hey I am curious for those of you that have been accepted how long do they give you to decide and how much $$$ is the deposit?

The deposit is $500, which goes towards your tuition next fall. Im not sure how long they allow you to decide since i was ED

Just got the prelim acceptance email. Does anyone know if you have to do CertPhi for each school if more than one school requires it, or if submitting it once is sufficient?

Did u get the background check email or actual preliminary acceptance email?

Did u get the background check email or actual preliminary acceptance email?

I received a preliminary acceptance email today as well. I haven't received the email for the actual background check.

I interviewed on Oct 12, got accepted as well. I applied RD just in case people were curious. To those you were accepted, are you going to VCU for sure? Or still thinking?

I got my prelim acceptance too! :D I interviewed on 10/12. Still haven't received the Certiphi email though...

Hey sorry I'm late responding but I know he said RD should hear back 2-3 weeks after our interview on the 5th

The deposit is $500, which goes towards your tuition next fall. Im not sure how long they allow you to decide since i was ED

I'm gonna have to pay $1000 in a deposit because they accepted me as "out-of-state." I live in Virginia but I only moved here in June :-/ But by the time class starts I'd have been here for over a year and I'll be married to someone who has lived here for a while. So I'll definitely be pissed if I can't claim "in-state" by the time I matriculate.

I interviewed on Oct 12, got accepted as well. I applied RD just in case people were curious. To those you were accepted, are you going to VCU for sure? Or still thinking?

I'm going to VCU for sure. I applied ED.

TO VCU ADMISSIONS

I received an official acceptance letter via email on 10/15 and it requests that I submit my deposit, as well as a passport photo in order to reserve my place in the upcoming class. However, the email does not provide a return address for me to mail said items to the School. Should I send my deposit to the office of admissions P.O. Box address prior to receiving a "follow up offer packet" or after? That is, do I wait until my official letter arrives via USPS (which i would assume would provide a return address), or do I send my passport picture and deposit first, and then I'll receive the follow up offer packet?

Thanks!

Anybody here who got accepted received their official acceptance letter yet? I got a preliminary acceptance last week and have not received the official acceptance letter yet. I have no information about how much deposit or when the deadline is. I'm RD but I'm pretty sure I'll go to VCU.

Anybody here who got accepted received their official acceptance letter yet? I got a preliminary acceptance last week and have not received the official acceptance letter yet. I have no information about how much deposit or when the deadline is. I'm RD but I'm pretty sure I'll go to VCU.

I got my prelim acceptance a week and a half ago and got the official email today.
Did you already do all of your background check stuff with Certiphi yet?
In-state deposit is $500 and out-of-state deposit is $1000

TO VCU ADMISSIONS

I received an official acceptance letter via email on 10/15 and it requests that I submit my deposit, as well as a passport photo in order to reserve my place in the upcoming class. However, the email does not provide a return address for me to mail said items to the School. Should I send my deposit to the office of admissions P.O. Box address prior to receiving a "follow up offer packet" or after? That is, do I wait until my official letter arrives via USPS (which i would assume would provide a return address), or do I send my passport picture and deposit first, and then I'll receive the follow up offer packet?

Thanks!

I would like to know all of this too! I have no idea where and when to send the money.

Does VCU only start to review your PharmCAS application after all of your materials are complete? Everything but my transcripts have been sent to PharmCAS but I would like to e-submit and not have to wait for my transcript to come through before they start reviewing my application.

I got my prelim acceptance a week and a half ago and got the official email today.
Did you already do all of your background check stuff with Certiphi yet?
In-state deposit is $500 and out-of-state deposit is $1000

I would like to know all of this too! I have no idea where and when to send the money.

I called them cause i was confused also and the lady at the admission office told me that we will get letters in the mail with more information. she said it takes a couple weeks after you get the acceptance email to get the acceptance letter

Accepted as of 5 A.M. this morning! :D

Submitted PharmCAS 9/17
Mailed 9/23
Received interview invitation 10/1
Interviewed RD 10/12
Prelim acceptance: 10/17
Certiphi request: 10/18
Certiphi completion: 10/21
Accepted TODAY!

Check the bottom of your email, guys. You might have to hit "display images in email" first (I had to), but my email says:

Remit payment/photo to:
Virginia Commonwealth University
Office of Admissions & Student Services
PO Box 980581
Richmond, VA 23286-0411

Looking forward to seeing all of you next fall!

I called them cause i was confused also and the lady at the admission office told me that we will get letters in the mail with more information. she said it takes a couple weeks after you get the acceptance email to get the acceptance letter
okay awesome! That's give me time to come up with the money. lol.