VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone here who interviewed in the fall and haven't heard anything back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who interviewed in January hear back yet?

Mine was on 1/18.

I just had my interview on 2/8. It's a very nice school and the students are very friendly. I stayed at the Hilton and someone was setting off fireworks at 4 in the morning.

Hey I'm just curious if this school requires bachelor or not? My brother lives near there and was thinking about moving closer.

Hey I'm just curious if this school requires bachelor or not? My brother lives near there and was thinking about moving closer.
A baccalaureate degree is not required but there is a 90 semester hour minimum credit requirement.

Looks like I have an interview on 2/22. I totally wasn't expecting it, but this is my third attempt at getting in, so I'm absolutely thrilled.

Looks like I have an interview on 2/22. I totally wasn't expecting it, but this is my third attempt at getting in, so I'm absolutely thrilled.
Congrats, hopefully the third time's a charm! Is this your third interview as well or your first?

Interviewed 2/2 and received my preliminary acceptance!!
Hopefully this whole Certiphi background check won't take too long and I could officially join you guys in the fall :)

Had the interview yesterday. I was impressed with the whole process, it was very relaxed and laid back. They definitely want you to feel comfortable and they did a great job.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how often the admissions committee meets and how they review applicants from earlier in the cycle vs. the newer ones that come later?

Bumping. Interview is tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, wish me luck.

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/22 heard anything yet?

HEADS UP ....for those of us who didn't receive an interview invite, I got an email from VCU yesterday, here it is in its entirety,

"At this time our scheduled interviews are complete and the Admissions Committee has not yet selected you for an interview invitation. For the next several months additional candidates may be invited for an interview on a case by case basis and your application will remain under consideration. At the end of the interview cycle (late May to early June) all candidates who have not yet been invited for an interview will receive a formal communication from the school."

I also called the school yesterday, and they confirmed that they are no longer conducting interviews.
:(:(:(:(:(

Yeah, the suspense is killing me at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed about a month ago and have yet to hear anything back. Has anyone else for Fall 2014 received a response yet?

Hi, Mandy. I wouldn't rely on PharmCAS Mobile. It's just a mobile-friendly version of the regular site and isn't necessarily kept more up-to-date. My status still says "mailed" and I was accepted back in November. VCU Admissions will contact you directly as soon as they make a decision. Also, are you confusing 3 supplemental LoRs with 3 supplemental materials? When you interviewed at VCU you should've turned in or received some additional forms to fill out that were supplementary to your application. In either case I would call them if you are missing documents. Finally, I would save the money and wait until you get a request from any school before ordering any Certphi checks. Hope this helps.

Also, are you confusing 3 supplemental LoRs with 3 supplemental materials?

Actually, I have this too. VCU has my letters of reference, yet on the Supplemental Materials page of PharmCAS, it lists "LOR 1", "LOR 2", and "LOR 3" as supplemental items with no way to actually do anything with them.

@VcuAdmissions,
I am one of the March interviewees, and I wanted to ask if there is anyway you can let us know when the next batch of acceptances will be sent out, or if the class is full? Can you also give us some insight on the wait list process, when we will be notified and how we are ranked? I'd really appreciate it, and will try to be patient in the meantime.

Thanks.

@VcuAdmissions,
I am one of the March interviewees, and I wanted to ask if there is anyway you can let us know when the next batch of acceptances will be sent out, or if the class is full? Can you also give us some insight on the wait list process, when we will be notified and how we are ranked? I'd really appreciate it, and will try to be patient in the meantime.

Thanks.

email or call the school. I don't know how likely or often VCU admission office is reading SDN :)

email or call the school. I don't know how likely or often VCU admission office is reading SDN :)
Thanks, I'll be doing that as well. They actually frequent this thread alot, and originally created it.

Actually, I have this too. VCU has my letters of reference, yet on the Supplemental Materials page of PharmCAS, it lists "LOR 1", "LOR 2", and "LOR 3" as supplemental items with no way to actually do anything with them.
I have the same nonsense on my application. Considering how little my application has updated since last Fall, I don't think PharmCAS updates much aside from GPA recalculations.

I have the same nonsense on my application. Considering how little my application has updated since last Fall, I don't think PharmCAS updates much aside from GPA recalculations.

I figured that was the case. :p Thanks.

@VcuAdmissions,

Thanks.
The only question I can answer here is that no, the class is not yet full. The last time VCU Admissions answered a question on here was in January so I urge you to contact them directly.

Thanks.

I did call and I do have some news. I'll be back in a couple hours since I'm at work right now..lol you know how pharmacies go.

So, the class is almost full. And they haven't made decisions or offers from the interviews in March. It could be as late as the end of May before anyone who has interviewed but not accepted to receive any final notification. :(

So, the class is almost full. And they haven't made decisions or offers from the interviews in March. It could be as late as the end of May before anyone who has interviewed but not accepted to receive any final notification. :(

Not exactly the news I was hoping to hear. I guess I should make plans to take the PCAT again since my scores are starting to get a little old... :\

Not exactly the news I was hoping to hear. I guess I should make plans to take the PCAT again since my scores are starting to get a little old... :\

You might want to call them. If you interviewed earlier than March, that could give you more information about your file then they could for me. I spoke to Dr. Ballantine. He was very nice and assured me not to worry just yet.

Did they say anything else about the process? Or when March interviewers would start to hear? I am assuming they are waiting for the February acceptances to accept or deny some offers

You might want to call them. If you interviewed earlier than March, that could give you more information about your file then they could for me. I spoke to Dr. Ballantine. He was very nice and assured me not to worry just yet.

I interviewed in late February, so I'll call them ASAP.

Did they say anything else about the process? Or when March interviewers would start to hear? I am assuming they are waiting for the February acceptances to accept or deny some offers

Yes, he did say they are waiting for some offers to be accepted or declined before they proceed with giving offers out to anyone else. For March Interviewees. .it could be as late as the end of May. I interviewed 3/22. Where you at that one also? He also mentioned the waiting list, and that it would only be offered to a small number of people.

I was 3/8. So a little over a month wait at this point. Might call later this week or next week if I still have not heard anything. But thank you for passing along what you found out. It is nice to have at least some information

I got a reply to the email I sent them a couple days ago. The class is full and they're sending out the last batch of acceptance letters.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting one. 0 for 3 now, guess I should consider something else. :(

OMG I just got an acceptance email!!! I can't believe it!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Just got mine as well!

I got a reply to the email I sent them a couple days ago. The class is full and they're sending out the last batch of acceptance letters.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting one. 0 for 3 now, guess I should consider something else. :(

Sorry to hear that. Did you apply anywhere else? Shenandoah is also a good school. I haven't heard any news yet so I'm putting my deposit down for another school.

Sorry to hear that. Did you apply anywhere else? Shenandoah is also a good school. I haven't heard any news yet so I'm putting my deposit down for another school.

I applied to Shenandoah and Wingate. Despite being in fairly regular contact with someone at Wingate, I haven't gotten interviews at either school, and this late in the going it's probably not likely I will.

I'm looking at the M.S./M.P.S. programs in pharmaceutics or pharmacotherapy as an alternative if this doesn't work out again.

does anyone have any info on vcu pharmacy scholarships? or even pharmacy scholarships from outside organizations? I couldnt seem to find anything on the school's website. any help would be much appreciated!

I applied to Shenandoah and Wingate. Despite being in fairly regular contact with someone at Wingate, I haven't gotten interviews at either school, and this late in the going it's probably not likely I will.

I'm looking at the M.S./M.P.S. programs in pharmaceutics or pharmacotherapy as an alternative if this doesn't work out again.

you might get lucky. Never say never. GL :)

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone have any info on vcu pharmacy scholarships? or even pharmacy scholarships from outside organizations? I couldnt seem to find anything on the school's website. any help would be much appreciated!

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere or heard that VCU gives scholarships, but it is one of those things where the amount available isn't much p1 year. However it goes up every year. Like 500 p1 year and up to 10,000 I think by your p4. Based on performance and involvement I believe