VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy - Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VCU Admissions

VCU Admissions
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder for anyone planning to apply Early Decision to the VCU School of Pharmacy Class of 2019, today is the deadline.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone got an interview at VCU yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it takes for the supplemental application to arrive in the mail?

Aymik,

It should take about 5-7 business days...at least that's what the lady told me.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, I got an interview!

Last edited:
I'll see you there vcurva! I'll be at the interview tomorrow too!

Hi, would anyone happen to know if interviews are open or closed file? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
it is closed file. The interviewers don't know your grades or pcat scores but they have all your other info from pharmcas like your work experience and stuff like that.
Good luck to all those interviewing today.

Got my prelim acceptance! Pending background check :)

I got my preliminary acceptance via email, on 9/30.

just got a call for interview.
For ED people, did you guys get the notification thru the phone?

just got a call for interview.
For ED people, did you guys get the notification thru the phone?

Yes, interview notification is by phone. got my preliminary acceptance offer 9/30 and my official acceptance offer today.

I got my preliminary acceptance offer today :happy:

I got the supplemental through email.

Also my interview is this Saturday!
nervous :depressed:

For those still considering this school
I emailed Thomas Reindeers a couple of days ago; he replied and said

"Most of our successful applicants have a biology, chemistry or
biochemistry degree. Regardless of the degree, our Admissions
Committee prefers to see the science and math prerequisites
completed at a four year/degree granting college or university.
"

"
1. We do not have a minimum GPA for PCAT scores, but the average in each section of the PCAT is the 70th percentile and the average GPA is a 3.4.

2. The School does not evaluate transcripts of applicants until after they have been accepted into our program. Assistance in transcript evaluation is usually provided by pre-pharmacy/pre-health advisors at the applicant's undergraduate university.
"

Have any regular decision applicants heard anything yet?

Edit
10/04
Sorry false alarm

Last edited:
Congrats! Is VCU your first choice? Also, if you don't mind sharing your interview experience.
Sorry guys
False alarm

I got a certiphi email for a background check and drug test and automatically assumed it was VCU. They didn't specify the school in the emails but after thinking about it, it's more likely it's Campbell cause I was accepted there earlier this week . Sorry sorry for misleading you guys ;(

Received my preliminary acceptance yesterday! Just curious has anyone ever been denied after a preliminary acceptance?

Has anyone who interviewed on Nov 1st or 8th heard back yet?

Has anyone who interviewed on Nov 1st or 8th heard back yet?
I interviewed on the 1st and heard back on 11/11, i submitted my background check and now im just waiting to get my letter in the mail, hopefully!

Woohoo! Got my preliminary acceptance yesterday! Interviewed on 11/8/14

Woohoo! Got my preliminary acceptance yesterday! Interviewed on 11/8/14

Congrats me too! I think we met on the 8th. You're Roman right? We were the first ones to arrive and had the same interviewers.

Congrats me too! I think we met on the 8th. You're Roman right? We were the first ones to arrive and had the same interviewers.
Yeah, Roman. Was your name William? My apologies if I am wrong and remind me of your name again. Are you thinking of choosing VCU or waiting to hear back from other schools before making your decision?

Yeah, Roman. Was your name William? My apologies if I am wrong and remind me of your name again. Are you thinking of choosing VCU or waiting to hear back from other schools before making your decision?

I'm not sure yet. VCU has really impressed me, but I would probably like to hear back from a few other schools before I make a decision. Wbu?

Last edited:
After we submit the deposit (matriculation fee?) , were we supposed to receive some sort of confirmation regarding whether VCU received the deposit? Is there anything we need to do beyond this point (other than updating PharmCAS, sending transcripts, etc.)?

After we submit the deposit (matriculation fee?) , were we supposed to receive some sort of confirmation regarding whether VCU received the deposit? Is there anything we need to do beyond this point (other than updating PharmCAS, sending transcripts, etc.)?
You should get a confirmation for the deposit in the mail within couple of weeks. You can also call the admissions office to make sure they've received it!

just got an acceptance email today! If we've already done a certiphi background check from another school do we have to take any action?

has anyone from the 1/31 interview heard back?

I interviewed 2/7, has anyone heard back that interviewed that day?

I interviewed 2/7, has anyone heard back that interviewed that day?
I interviewed on Feb 14, and haven't heard back so I called them. he said due to bad weather committee hasn't sat down yet so y'all should hear next week or so. Good Luck!

interviewed 1/31, heard back 2/20 and got in!

I interviewed on Feb 14, and haven't heard back so I called them. he said due to bad weather committee hasn't sat down yet so y'all should hear next week or so. Good Luck!
Thanks you too! This waiting game is hard!