VCU vs UMD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ging

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am pretty confused on whether I should choose VCU or UMD. I am a Virginia resident so VCU would definitely be the better option cost wise as it is about 30k cheaper (according to my calculations). However, I think UMD is unmatched in regards to its technology and I could potentially get in state tuition after my first year. The locations for both are about the same to me. Any advice or insight would be awesome, thanks in advanced!

Members don't see this ad.

30K/year or overall? Does that include living expenses as well?

SDN is all about $$$. So every response you will ultimately get will be to go the cheaper route. I would add that VCU has those DentSim things that only a few schools have, so I would say they have good technology as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
SDN is all about $$$. So every response you will ultimately get will be to go the cheaper route. I would add that VCU has those DentSim things that only a few schools have, so I would say they have good technology as well.

The money is important. If this is a 30K/year difference, that works out to be over $200,000 when all is said and done. That is a big chunk of money you could use to buy a practice and no school is worth an extra $200,000 in debt. If the total overall cost difference is only $30,000, not at big of a deal.

Man give me that spot. Id gladly take your vcu seat :)

Do you know which other schools have them?

30K/year or overall? Does that include living expenses as well?

It was per year and this did not include living expenses. Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I am definitely leaning towards VCU now

As an incoming Maryland student, I think you would be foolish to turn down a very solid, and 30K per year cheaper school in VCU. Do you value your immediate gratification (technology at UMD) or your long-term well being (saving over $150k in debt)?

Reactions: 1 users
C.R.E.A.M.

Hopefully we'll be classmates!

Reactions: 1 user