Verbal Advise !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

birdboybird

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was scoring 8/9 in verbal.... then I read Game of Thrones....I scored 10/11s after that

I read the first book in 1 week. ** then saw instant results.

No lie.
Any questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup my scores increased as well after I read GoT. However I do not think you necessarily have to read that specific book, any enjoyable book will do.

Not for the MCAT, but when I was taking my SAT, the only prep I did was reading the entire GoT ( ASOIAF) series, I scored an 800 on CR lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading on a usual basis is important because it allows your brain to become familiar with text. The more familiar you become with text, the more comfortable you will be and the better your pacing. The MCAT verbal reasoning section is all about having just the right pace.

Reactions: 1 user
Also knowing the difference between words, such as "advice" and "advise". Ex. I advise you to seek advice on SDN.

I read articles on the new yorker for 3 weeks, got comfortable with reading, and brought my MCAT verbal from a 5 to a 9-10. Scored a 9 on the real deal. Its all about being comfortable and genuinely having an interest in what you're reading. I know people who just read car magazines and sports articles casually but regularly, without touching any complex history or philosophy books, and they scored 11s on the real deal