Verbal Books question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j9260

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Question: I have the EK 101 Verbal book already. I've been scoring 8-10s on my practice tests in the Verbal section but only a 6-7 on the official MCAT (this is my third and, banking on it, FINAL time). Should I also purchase the Princeton Review Hyperlearning Verbal workbook? Or is there any other Verbal workbook you would recommend me to use on top of EK?

(I am also reading the New Yorker, Economics, Atlantic Monthly, Scientific American, and the Wall Street Journal daily. Currently about 5-6 total articles per day. I'm bumping that up to 10-12 total articles per day starting today. As well as doing Kaplan Verbal Sectional Tests -- I am a Kaplan Live On-Demand MCAT student.)

I don't want to burn myself out or buy any resources I won't get to, but I also want to make the most of my time and resources. Test Date: Nov. 7, 2014. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Get TPRH Vebral Workbook. Rotate between your three resources daily so you don't get comfortable with the type of questions each company tends to ask.

I've been scoring 10-11 in Kaplan, EK 101, and TBR. I haven't started my TPRH Workbook, but I will tomorrow as today I am finishing up my Kaplan passages. Word of warning: Out of all the Verbal materials, Kaplan's are most worthless. So don't get too caught up in how you're scoring on those.

Get TPRH Vebral Workbook. Rotate between your three resources daily so you don't get comfortable with the type of questions each company tends to ask.

I've been scoring 10-11 in Kaplan, EK 101, and TBR. I haven't started my TPRH Workbook, but I will tomorrow as today I am finishing up my Kaplan passages. Word of warning: Out of all the Verbal materials, Kaplan's are most worthless. So don't get too caught up in how you're scoring on those.

Could you update me on how you're feeling about TPRH when you start tmrw? I will most likely make my purchase soon then. Thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: 1 user
Be advised that isn't a book you can just go buy.

It is an in-class manual that you will need to source used - I recommend the for-sale forum on this site.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Cawolf,
Just to be sure, we're talking about TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook, right?

Hi Cawolf,
Just to be sure, we're talking about TPR Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook, right?

Yup. :)

You may find it listed on amazon or something similar, but be careful - many of them are filled in.

I found a like-new one on the forums for $50.

Reactions: 1 user