Verbal Gods...what is your strategy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kstorm

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you go about this section? How do you approach the passages? Currently getting half right on passages untimed so timed will be an even bigger issue...

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend the ExamKrackers strategy: 3 min for the passage, 6 for questions, and take a quick 5 second break between passages. One thing they show you in their verbal book is how to pick up on clues found in the question stem itself - half the time you can feel out the right answer just by looking at the tone of the question stem and answer choices without ever seeing the passage. My advice is pretty much to do as they suggest - read the passage quickly without stopping and going back, and then spend the better part of your time on the questions. As you're going through the passage, also try and get a feel for the author's "voice," i.e. their attitude toward the subject. Many times the questions will be along the lines of "how would the author feel about X," so it's to your advantage to start thinking about the author's perspective as soon as you begin reading. I was able to get a 130 on verbal with their methods, so it worked for me. Hope this helps you, and good luck with your studying!