Verbal Reasoning practice sources??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle2020

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was looking for major books that provide practice for the Verbal Reasoning section. Can someone list these books? I also want to know any other sources for the VR practice?
Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

The two best sources are EK Verbal 101 and the TPRH Verbal Workbook. The workbook can be found on auction sites and from time to time in the For Sale section on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the link for the book I highly recommend. www.ivyhallreview.com The book is called MCAT Practice 50 Verbal Reasoning Passages. If you are serious about improving your reading comprehension skills then this is a source that I would check out. It has a total of 7 different sections with passages from all different categories such as Humanities, Natural Science, and Philosophy of Science. What I like about this book is that it’s organized and clearly has explanations for each best answer of the multiple-choice questions. It’s well written and simulates the real thing. I got this book through a friend’s recommendation and it helped raise my score. Just like anything, you have to be willing to put some time into practice if you want to improve.

Have you looked in SDN's for sale forum? you may find it there. otherwise, type princeton review mcat in ebay and you should find it. good luck

Can someone gives me a link(maybe from ebay) where to buy the TPRH Verbal Workbook?
Thank you

yep, i'd say anything from 2007 is good. At least from what i've researched. I have the 2008 and it isn't that different from the 2009. Haven't looked in the 2010 books but i think you should be ok.

not to endorse one product over another, but i wholeheartedly second and third all recommendations for the EK series, especially for verbal. took the mcat twice, got an 8 the first time and a 13 the second. i followed their system of reading the passage through and taking a few seconds at the end to summarize. after a while i was breezing through passages and scoring highly. remember: main idea, main idea, main idea.

cheers

not to endorse one product over another, but i wholeheartedly second and third all recommendations for the ek series, especially for verbal. Took the mcat twice, got an 8 the first time and a 13 the second. I followed their system of reading the passage through and taking a few seconds at the end to summarize. After a while i was breezing through passages and scoring highly. Remember: Main idea, main idea, main idea.

Cheers

+1