Verbal strategy - Search and destroy Method

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camng22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friends and people on SDN used the search and destroy method on the DATs and did quite well on them. But it seems like a lot of people don't use this on the MCATs as much. Did anyone ever approach the verbal section using this method and actually did well on it? For those of you who don't know what the method is, it's basically previewing the questions first and memorizing key terms and looking for the answers in the passage one by one. Do you advise on doing this strategy on the MCAT even though a lot of people have success on the DATs using this method. Let me know your opinions and thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That is the method that most test taking companies (Kaplan, EK, TPR) recommend, so most people here have tried it, but I find that it takes too much time to read the questions twice and a lot of the MCAT questions are more about comprehension of the passage and application rather than finding specific information so I think it's better to spend more time reading the passage (maybe writing a summary of the paragraph, or at least reading the first and last sentences carefully).

Reactions: 1 user