Verification Problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ctinct

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ugh. My daughter is still waiting on verification on some pt observation hours.

The therapist she observed is no longer there, but she provided the head of the clinic the dates and times she observed, and the clinician said she would be happy to verify the hours. The problem is she hasn't yet, even after several follow ups from my daughter. Only one school my daughter is applying to requires verification, so with most of her schools she is all set. However, these hours were in a different setting (pediatric) than all her other hours, so she really would like the last school to see them.

Since time is ticking by, should she just submit her application and hope for the best? She has other verified hours in outpatient, long term care, sports rehab, and a few in hospital. Should she contact the one school that requires verification and let them know that although she completed them, the therapist she did them under has left the practice, so she wasn't able to get the hours verified?

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh. My daughter is still waiting on verification on some pt observation hours.

The therapist she observed is no longer there, but she provided the head of the clinic the dates and times she observed, and the clinician said she would be happy to verify the hours. The problem is she hasn't yet, even after several follow ups from my daughter. Only one school my daughter is applying to requires verification, so with most of her schools she is all set. However, these hours were in a different setting (pediatric) than all her other hours, so she really would like the last school to see them.

Since time is ticking by, should she just submit her application and hope for the best? She has other verified hours in outpatient, long term care, sports rehab, and a few in hospital. Should she contact the one school that requires verification and let them know that although she completed them, the therapist she did them under has left the practice, so she wasn't able to get the hours verified?

She can submit to PTCAS without verification. I would have her call the PT who is verifying them and explain the situation and tell her a specific deadline she needs them verified by. She should also speak with the school that requires the verification to find out when the last possible date to verify is.

It's possible to submit PTCAS without that one school listed, so her app will go through the verification process and get sent to the other schools now. Then once the hours are verified, she can then list that school on PTCAS and submit it again. If she submits now with the hours unverified, she risks the school throwing out the application for not qualifying if that school requires the hours to be verified by the time of submission (for example if they do rolling admissions). She can call the school to see if they want it verified upon receipt, or need it verified by the application deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the school has a hard deadline then just submit and make sure the hours get verified before the deadline. If it has rolling admissions, just make sure the hours that are already verified meet the minimums before submitting to that school. But it's better to not wait to e-submit.

If you read the FAQ's and instructions on PTCAS and perhaps call the school(s) in question, you should get the info you need.

And not to be mean, but why is your daughter not able to get her own questions answered?

Reactions: 2 users
Actually I see that you have started a lot of threads for your daughter, so I'm just gonna come right out with it - if she is struggling to navigate the application process on her own, are you sure she can handle PT school?

Reactions: 1 user
Actually I see that you have started a lot of threads for your daughter, so I'm just gonna come right out with it - if she is struggling to navigate the application process on her own, are you sure she can handle PT school?

Seriously? Before you go making judgements, perhaps you should stop and think a bit first.

She is definitely not struggling with the application process and I am absolutely certain, as is she, that she can handle PT school. Her gpa is a shade above 3.95, and her science gpa is probably higher than that. While I do not recall her GRE scores at the moment, I do recall that they were very good. I'm fairly certain that her writing score was a 5.5, and I think one of her other scores was in the 160s. She has four on campus jobs at the moment, one of which is basically a TA position in anatomy.

She doesn't even know I posted this. I was hoping to help her out and get some wisdom from people who have run into this situation during with their own applications. She is in the process of contacting the school now to see how she should proceed.

I'd like to offer a huge thank you to the two posters prior to you who offered solid, constructive advice. It was much appreciated.

Last edited:
Well I definitely applaud your effort to be an involved parent, I've never seen a parent so knowledgeable about the details of the application process.

Thanks for your gracious reply. After I read my last post, I was afraid I was a bit too snippy.

As far as being knowledgeable......single mom, empty nest, lots of time on my hands. I figure, why not help her if I can. She's doing all the hard work, after all.

Submit the PTCAS immediately with every school she wants to apply to. Then call the school that requires verification and let them know the situation. They will be fine with that. I enjoyed the snippiness LOL. I was thinking, " wow, is mommy going to go to PT school and take her tests too", but I think its great that you are such an involved parent. Has your daughter seen your posts? I'm wondering if she yelled, "mom!!!", yet:)