Very curious..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dshen92129

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there any other Active duty military people out there working in the dental field or working in another field trying to pursue dental school? and if your going to school part time or full time? and is TA (tuition assistance) helping? are you paying anything out of pocket with classes?

I just want to know if I am alone or if there are people out there that are fighting the same battle I am.. and what school are you going to currently...

Members don't see this ad.

I am. There are a couple others. I'm not in the dental field, I'm an engineer. Definitely part time since full time military + full time school + full time family obligations would be way too much. No TA for me, I used it to get a Master's degree a few years ago so I'm ineligible for it. Paying everything out of pocket but it's worth it. What about you?

I am just curious because I was wondering if that is a disadvantage since we are non-traditional students.. and can't take 4-5 classes at once like everyone else can... I would like more AD folks to chime in on this conversation.. where are u stationed right now on a ship? when do u plan on applying to DS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not going to get much response from others given the vagueness of the thread title. It isn't a disadvantage, ADCOMs like unique backgrounds. You should call the schools yourself that you're interested in to get their take directly. The ones I called said I definitely have an advantage. I'm applying in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for the response.. I know I could of probably made it less vague so more AD folks could chime in. I will also be applying in 2018. What schools did you have in mind so far?