Vet School Rants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVMDream

DVMNightmare
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know we have the rant thread where just about every rant gets discussed. We have the support group thread for applicants. I think we need a thread to rant about the specific pieces and bits of vet school that are annoying us or have annoyed us. Even if you absolutely love vet school, this thread will still apply as there is usually something about vet school/classes/studying/test taking/etc that gets on everyone's nerves...

Today's annoyance:

The lecturer today spent 30 minutes (of a 50 minute lecture) discussing an anaesthetic that is not even licensed for veterinary use and is not used, she then spent only 15 minutes discussing propofol... :annoyed:

THEN, for her second lecture she spent 10 minutes discussing a general anaesthetic drug that induces very severe anaphylactic reactions in cats and is contraindicated for use in dogs because it causes such massive histamine release that dogs end up bleeding from their gums and vomiting. Due to these issues the drug is no longer even on the market.. :mad:

Waste of my time to be very honest. Also, she spent much of the lecture repeating herself, reading verbatim off her slides. She had a slide with a list of ideal properties for injectable anaesthetic agents and she read off the bullet points... all 20 of them. Rather certain most of us can read by now. She spent 20 minutes on one slide discussing a graph and then repeating over and over what the graph meant (the immediate slide after, explained the graph nearly word for word what she spent 20 minutes discussing, she then proceeded to read that slide).

I have another lecture of hers in an hour and half.. not sure I can sit through another one of her lectures.

/Rant

Feel free to rant/vent/discuss the little obnoxious things about vet school that slowly drive you crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Good idea!

My rant? Get your damn act together surgery team. I'm tired of being taught 2 conflicting things. This is important, as it is the foundation of our surgical training!

I would also appreciate you, mister hot shot large animal surgeon, to not dismiss my ability to perform an almost perfect Connell suture on a cat intestine just because its smaller than your usual horse colon. Would it kill you to acknowledge my ability rather than demand I redo it on foam pipe insulation? The whole purpose of providing cadavers its to practice on real tissue, not foam that will not pucker or react in any way like real, live tissue. Ugh.

I know we have the rant thread where just about every rant gets discussed. We have the support group thread for applicants. I think we need a thread to rant about the specific pieces and bits of vet school that are annoying us or have annoyed us. Even if you absolutely love vet school, this thread will still apply as there is usually something about vet school/classes/studying/test taking/etc that gets on everyone's nerves...

Today's annoyance:

The lecturer today spent 30 minutes (of a 50 minute lecture) discussing an anaesthetic that is not even licensed for veterinary use and is not used, she then spent only 15 minutes discussing propofol... :annoyed:

THEN, for her second lecture she spent 10 minutes discussing a general anaesthetic drug that induces very severe anaphylactic reactions in cats and is contraindicated for use in dogs because it causes such massive histamine release that dogs end up bleeding from their gums and vomiting. Due to these issues the drug is no longer even on the market.. :mad:

Waste of my time to be very honest. Also, she spent much of the lecture repeating herself, reading verbatim off her slides. She had a slide with a list of ideal properties for injectable anaesthetic agents and she read off the bullet points... all 20 of them. Rather certain most of us can read by now. She spent 20 minutes on one slide discussing a graph and then repeating over and over what the graph meant (the immediate slide after, explained the graph nearly word for word what she spent 20 minutes discussing, she then proceeded to read that slide).

I have another lecture of hers in an hour and half.. not sure I can sit through another one of her lectures.

/Rant

Feel free to rant/vent/discuss the little obnoxious things about vet school that slowly drive you crazy.

Which drugs?
I feel your pain. We spent soooo much time talking about thiopental, which will probably never come back on the market. And alfaxalone, which isn't available in this country. And then about 3 minutes talking about telazol, which is used widely in private practice and in any HQHV spay/neuter situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
. . .isn't this just the "vet school is a nightmare" thread all over again?

Which drugs?
I feel your pain. We spent soooo much time talking about thiopental, which will probably never come back on the market. And alfaxalone, which isn't available in this country. And then about 3 minutes talking about telazol, which is used widely in private practice and in any HQHV spay/neuter situation.

You guessed the two drugs that I was talking about... Thiopental and alphaxalone (Saffan). I was really annoyed. I also just realized that I have 2 more lectures with her this week... I thought 3 today was more than enough.

No, it is not. Not really. This is more just specific annoyances that bother you. You don't have to feel that vet school is a nightmare to be annoyed or irritated by it at times.

:thumbup:

To me, the nightmare thread is to sympathize with others over how sole-sucking and exhausting vet school is, whereas this thread can be used to gripe about things that pop up during vet school that annoy you. I like it!

That was my impression, but I guess I can appreciate the subtle differences now that they're pointed out.

It's funny you mention alphaxalone - we use that in every surgery lab and its widely regarded as a very safe drug. Telazol (which one vet back home used for everything) isn't available up here so we didn't talk much about it. The difference for me is that I'm actually going to be practicing back in the US, not Canada, so information on alphaxalone isn't as useful (except for the stuff I do up here for labs) long-term for me versus telazol (for example) - but it's very useful for those intending to practice in Canada. I think it's important for the US students to learn about alphaxalone at some level though, in the event that it does become available in the near future.

So neither formulation of alfalaxone is available in the US?
And DVM...you should know about it, because we use it in the UK, esp in cats....and you'll be expected to choose it over propofol in clinics in certain cases. The alfaxon formulation is just saffon without the histamine release problem because they reformulated it and is ok in dogs and cats, but you need a larger amount. Saffon is C/I in dogs because of the histamine release, not cats.

Some places also still have Thio in stock, and they still use it.

Yes I agree with you that she probably shouldn't have spent that much time on them, but they are important.

And DVM...you should know about it, because we use it in the UK, esp in cats....and you'll be expected to choose it over propofol in clinics in certain cases. The alfaxon formulation is just saffon without the histamine release problem because they reformulated it and is ok in dogs and cats, but you need a larger amount. Saffon is C/I in dogs because of the histamine release, not cats.

Yes I agree with you that she probably shouldn't have spent that much time on them, but they are important.

No alfaxalone here for now. Our induction drugs are basically just ket/val, telazol, propofol, etomidate, and then all kinds of cocktails by adding opiods, lidocaine, alpha2's, benzos, etc.

:thumbup: to this thread.

My last few rants have been very vet school specific and felt a bit out of place in the general rant thread.

I love school, but yeah, rants will be happening.

No alfaxalone here for now. Our induction drugs are basically just ket/val, telazol, propofol, etomidate, and then all kinds of cocktails by adding opiods, lidocaine, alpha2's, benzos, etc.

Got it. Yeah, we pretty much have the same things, except use alfaxon over telazol.

Annddd back to studying for the NAVLE.
(BTW...stop trying to make me a botanist, USA...I am not feeling the plants)

I'm confused, I said it was contraindicated in dogs????

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused, I said it was contraindicated in dogs????

But you said it causes an anaphylactic rxn in cats.

My main point was they teach you about the old formulation of alfaxalone because of the issue in dogs, but the new formulation is fine for both dogs and cats and is widely used in the UK.

My spay dog was induced with alphaxalone (not saffon) a few weeks ago - no problems. I assume it's the saffon formulation that causes the problems?

Correct...the saffon formulation had some adjuvant in in that caused the problems. So they took that out and called it alfaxon, which is now used and quite safe.

But you said it causes an anaphylactic rxn in cats.

My main point was they teach you about the old formulation of alfaxalone because of the issue in dogs, but the new formulation is fine for both dogs and cats and is widely used in the UK.

Would you like a picture of my lecture slides? It says it causes reactions in cats too... Not as severe as dogs but causes oedema and flushing of paws and pinnae, as well as pulmonary and cerebral oedema as being rare but a possibility. This is specifically the Cremophor EL that does this.

There may be a new formula but not what we were told. I also never said it wasn't important (alphaxalone) all I did was vent about how annoying it is for a lecturer to spend an obscene amount of time talking about a drug (saffan) that isn't on the market, per her words. The thread is for venting about things, not having people nit pick what you say.

Would you like a picture of my lecture slides? It says it causes reactions in cats too... Not as severe as dogs but causes oedema and flushing of paws and pinnae, as well as pulmonary and cerebral oedema as being rare but a possibility. This is specifically the Cremophor EL that does this.

There may be a new formula but not what we were told. I also never said it wasn't important (alphaxalone) all I did was vent about how annoying it is for a lecturer to spend an obscene amount of time talking about a drug (saffan) that isn't on the market, per her words. The thread is for venting about things, not having people nit pick what you say.

There is no need to get pissy about it. No, I don't want a picture of your slide. And I said it was silly for her to spend that much time on the drug that is off the market. It just sounded like you didn't think alfaxalone was still being used because it causes all these reactions. That's all.

There is no need to get pissy about it. No, I don't want a picture of your slide. And I said it was silly for her to spend that much time on the drug that is off the market. It just sounded like you didn't think alfaxalone was still being used because it causes all these reactions. That's all.

I'm sorry, you're right. I probably overreacted, just annoying to have someone nit pick at something that is already frustrating you.

I'm sorry, you're right. I probably overreacted, just annoying to have someone nit pick at something that is already frustrating you.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to nit pick.

No... no.... and no......

the other thread was a general topic on vet school as a whole, not a thread for daily rants on anything that goes on in school, clinics or otherwise...

I am not sure why it is considered so taboo in this forum to rant about veterinary school or being a veterinarian for that matter.... it is completely normal to not enjoy every aspect of your career or schooling or even daily life.... and being able to vent about it can often let off steam that would otherwise build up and create more stress which would be even worse... if we cannot vent here to other people in the same situation who should understand then ****e where the feck can we vent... and really no one should be made to feel bad for doing so...

No matter what frickin career, school, etc you are in there will be rants you will have.... I ranted back in undergrad... I was annoyed as ****e in my past jobs on a good few days.... and I know in the future years to come of vet school I will continue to be like WTF or when I do hopefully :xf: graduate I will have days with clients where I am just like :smack: ... but in the end I know it is the career I will be most happy in... and it is because I am realistic - I know it is not all puppies, kittens, rainbows & unicorns - and thank fecking god for that - or I would :barf:

I think it is more than appropriate to have a thread for just veterinary school related rants... and then have the rant thread for other life rants.... what have you....

****e I like vet school... but I have crappy days or things in school that bother the crap out of me or even people who I would like to punch in the face cause they are PITA....(like the fecking girl in my class who keeps hitting on my guy friend who has a gf & somehow sees me as competition :confused: - umm yeah) and right now I am so damn sick of studying I want to poke my eye out going on my 3rd week of studying straight with all these FECKING midterms.... oh and today I was rolling my eyes at a lecturer cause she was talking really damn slow.... does this make me a bad person? eh... I don't think so.... just human....

so please... if this thread is of use to you to rant about ****e that goes on in daily vet school life then why not... and if somehow nothing ever bothers you ever then well you don't have to venture inside now do you.... :D

No... no.... and no......

the other thread was a general topic on vet school as a whole, not a thread for daily rants on anything that goes on in school, clinics or otherwise...

I am not sure why it is considered so taboo in this forum to rant about veterinary school or being a veterinarian for that matter.... it is completely normal to not enjoy every aspect of your career or schooling or even daily life.... and being able to vent about it can often let off steam that would otherwise build up and create more stress which would be even worse... if we cannot vent here to other people in the same situation who should understand then ****e where the feck can we vent... and really no one should be made to feel bad for doing so...

No matter what frickin career, school, etc you are in there will be rants you will have.... I ranted back in undergrad... I was annoyed as ****e in my past jobs on a good few days.... and I know in the future years to come of vet school I will continue to be like WTF or when I do hopefully :xf: graduate I will have days with clients where I am just like :smack: ... but in the end I know it is the career I will be most happy in... and it is because I am realistic - I know it is not all puppies, kittens, rainbows & unicorns - and thank fecking god for that - or I would :barf:

I think it is more than appropriate to have a thread for just veterinary school related rants... and then have the rant thread for other life rants.... what have you....

****e I like vet school... but I have crappy days or things in school that bother the crap out of me or even people who I would like to punch in the face cause they are PITA....(like the fecking girl in my class who keeps hitting on my guy friend who has a gf & somehow sees me as competition :confused: - umm yeah) and right now I am so damn sick of studying I want to poke my eye out going on my 3rd week of studying straight with all these FECKING midterms.... oh and today I was rolling my eyes at a lecturer cause she was talking really damn slow.... does this make me a bad person? eh... I don't think so.... just human....

so please... if this thread is of use to you to rant about ****e that goes on in daily vet school life then why not... and if somehow nothing ever bothers you ever then well you don't have to venture inside now do you.... :D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am not sure why it is considered so taboo in this forum to rant about veterinary school or being a veterinarian for that matter.... it is completely normal to not enjoy every aspect of your career or schooling or even daily life....

On the contrary, I feel like there is a lot of emphasizing how awful vet school is (not indicating one person in particular, just in general) by the current vet students. This particular forum is tricky because its an interface between pre-vets that tend to have the rose-colored glasses view and vet students, a good number of which that seem to dislike school rather strongly (which is totally okay!) Maybe it's because I don't have such strong negative feelings about it that I feel it stands out :shrug:

being able to vent about it can often let off steam that would otherwise build up and create more stress which would be even worse... if we cannot vent here to other people in the same situation who should understand then ****e where the feck can we vent... and really no one should be made to feel bad for doing so...

I agree - there's no one aside from other vet students that really get it, and I think it's important to be able to have the outlet to vent about school. I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't be allowed to vent about school or that we should feel bad about it. Even though I tend to have a more positive view of school than a chunk of people here, I still see the need for the thread and am sure I will use it :thumbup:

On the contrary, I feel like there is a lot of emphasizing how awful vet school is (not indicating one person in particular, just in general) by the current vet students. This particular forum is tricky because its an interface between pre-vets that tend to have the rose-colored glasses view and vet students, a good number of which that seem to dislike school rather strongly (which is totally okay!) Maybe it's because I don't have such strong negative feelings about it that I feel it stands out :shrug:

I agree - there's no one aside from other vet students that really get it, and I think it's important to be able to have the outlet to vent about school. I don't think anyone is saying we shouldn't be allowed to vent about school or that we should feel bad about it. Even though I tend to have a more positive view of school than a chunk of people here, I still see the need for the thread and am sure I will use it :thumbup:

Maybe make a Vet School Rave thread?? I would use that thread too as I have some cool/interesting days in classes too.

Today just happened to be really crappy for me, then I check back on here and see people complaining about the thread and then picking apart my vent. I feel as if this forum has seriously fallen apart. Had I posted this 2 years ago, people would have been much more supportive. The quality of this forum is seriously falling and fast. Half the time I don't even feel like posting around here any more because people just don't care now; not like they used to. They aren't near as supportive and when you try to help or post advice you get greeted with hostility. This place just isn't the same and it is very sad.

Today just happened to be really crappy for me, then I check back on here and see people complaining about the thread and then picking apart my vent. I feel as if this forum has seriously fallen apart. Had I posted this 2 years ago, people would have been much more supportive. The quality of this forum is seriously falling and fast. Half the time I don't even feel like posting around here any more because people just don't care now; not like they used to. They aren't near as supportive and when you try to help or post advice you get greeted with hostility. This place just isn't the same and it is very sad.

Seeing as I was pretty much the only one to say something that might be construed as negative, I apologize for coming across as complaining about it or nit-picking. I didn't mean for it to reflect directly on you or your idea for the thread. It's a good idea to have a place for school-related rants here as other students are pretty much the only others who can commiserate on this sort of thing.

As for support around here, it may be a result of the community expanding with each application cycle as more vet students stick around. I didn't mean to be unsupportive or trivializing your frustrations with school - I guess I just tend to see more of the negatives around here more than I have in the past (again, this may be because I don't feel as strongly as others do and thus it sticks out more to my eye.) I also tend to be poor with empathy and sympathy (even when it is deserved!) and I hope that doesn't translate to me appearing not to care.

I was only asking if it was necessary to make another thread. Nowhere did I say that anyone is prohibited from ranting. Everyone relax. :rolleyes:

Maybe make a Vet School Rave thread?? I would use that thread too as I have some cool/interesting days in classes too.

As a side note (and I'm speaking in general here), I am really glad NStarz started the "Today I Learned in Vet School..." thread because we can share some of the cool/odd things that come up in school. I think anything that you do that's cool should also be added!

I have been noticing a trend of less than appreciative replies from pre-vets looking for help. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about those guys....but I know I really appreciated the regulars when I was first starting out and hopefully more newbies will stick around and become a part of the community.

Maybe I'm feeling sentimental today, but I :love: you guys!

Seeing as I was pretty much the only one to say something that might be construed as negative, I apologize for coming across as complaining about it or nit-picking. I didn't mean for it to reflect directly on you or your idea for the thread. It's a good idea to have a place for school-related rants here as other students are pretty much the only others who can commiserate on this sort of thing.

As for support around here, it may be a result of the community expanding with each application cycle as more vet students stick around. I didn't mean to be unsupportive or trivializing your frustrations with school - I guess I just tend to see more of the negatives around here more than I have in the past (again, this may be because I don't feel as strongly as others do and thus it sticks out more to my eye.) I also tend to be poor with empathy and sympathy (even when it is deserved!) and I hope that doesn't translate to me appearing not to care.

You definitely weren't the only one to post something as negative. And your comment was fine about the use of the drug, I will remember that.

I just feel that people missed the point of the thread... quite a few people jumped to focusing on the medicine instead of the actual intent which was the venting of having to be in 3 lectures with this absolutely frustrating lecturer. I just figured others could relate to having to endure frustrating and annoying lecturers and people would share stories, instead it was a jump to why I should pay attention and why the one drug is important... it was a serious swing and a miss is what it feels like.

i swear Grenada knows when group B has surgery and picks those 2-3d to dump as much rainy season on us as possible. yay for muddy surgery patients :cool:

It isn't the same thread, but if it bothers you THAT much I can remove it.

I honestly don't care either way. I was simply pointing out that there was another very similar thread. You've made it clear that you think of them as different subjects, so have at it.

I honestly don't care either way. I was simply pointing out that there was another very similar thread. You've made it clear that you think of them as different subjects, so have at it.

Considering that I made both threads, yes, I do think of them as different. I made the first one because someone else on SDN expressed to me how they were feeling about vet school and they felt no one else related... so that is how the first one was born, because I was trying to be supportive of another member/friend. It was a general vet school can be soul-sucking thread for others to reply to so that she could see she was not alone. (I try to be a nice person).

This is just random vents, you can think vet school is the greatest thing since sliced bread and still have a day that drives you up the wall, you should be able to have a place to vent about it, without having to pull up the vet school is an absolute nightmare when you may not think it is.

I am not forcing you to read this. I am not forcing you to post here. You are welcome to post here if vet school drives you insane. You are also welcome to post a thread about how vet school makes you insanely happy if that is how you feel (there is one for this), or a Vet School Raves thread (although some people might think that indicates that alcohol and music are involved.. :p).

My vet school rant:
WHY do I have to learn diseases that occur in humans and not animals?! DO NOT CARE.
(rhetorical question so do not answer it :smuggrin:)

Sure.....one hour is enough lecture time for the entire brain. :annoyed: Why do I feel like I'm getting cheated out of lecture for anatomy? Ugh.

If you're going to Reddit in class, fine. But please try not to giggle loudly and poke all the people sitting next you to show them a kitten meme. It's distracting : /

As a side note about negativity: I love all you guys. Seriously. This forum, and especially all the veterans, helped soooooo much during my application process that I can say with almost certainty that I wouldn't have gotten in without it.
I was also a lurker until I had sent out my application. I suspect that there are tons of other lurkers all trying to figure out this crazy process, and whether they publicly say it or not, you guys are helping them and its awesome. So cheer up, because you're great.

Sure.....one hour is enough lecture time for the entire brain. :annoyed: Why do I feel like I'm getting cheated out of lecture for anatomy? Ugh.

I can honestly say that we haven't needed a ton of brain anatomy yet. Regions, yes - brain stem, cerebellum, cerebrum, olfactory lobe. But specifics? Not so much. I vaguely remember a diagram in the dissection book where even individual gyri had names. Luckily, that stopped being a thing after first year.

I can honestly say that we haven't needed a ton of brain anatomy yet. Regions, yes - brain stem, cerebellum, cerebrum, olfactory lobe. But specifics? Not so much. I vaguely remember a diagram in the dissection book where even individual gyri had names. Luckily, that stopped being a thing after first year.

But learn the cranial nerves inside and out, backwards and forwards :thumbup:

:thumbup: Thanks!

My vet school rant:
WHY do I have to learn diseases that occur in humans and not animals?! DO NOT CARE.
(rhetorical question so do not answer it :smuggrin:)

this sounds like the year of pharm we spent learning about human drugs. if my license isn't going to cover people, dont waste my time!:smuggrin:

I'm disappointed in the time I poured into anatomy only to find that I was poorly prepared for the practical. I did well on the written but I'm worried about practical. There were so many structures that I remembered going over but just couldn't think of its name. I have to adjust the way I study for the final, that's all.

I had my muscles, nerves and vessels down pat but bone structures got the best of me.

This forum is one big cycle. It waxes and wanes. An new crowd rolls in and some of the previous year drops out. Sometimes it seems to hit a slump. Sometimes it sucks because it feels like all your 'peeps' aren't active anymore. It is what it is.

That's all I have to say about that. I'd shake a cane if I had one.

If you're going to Reddit in class, fine. But please try not to giggle loudly and poke all the people sitting next you to show them a kitten meme. It's distracting : /

As a side note about negativity: I love all you guys. Seriously. This forum, and especially all the veterans, helped soooooo much during my application process that I can say with almost certainty that I wouldn't have gotten in without it.
I was also a lurker until I had sent out my application. I suspect that there are tons of other lurkers all trying to figure out this crazy process, and whether they publicly say it or not, you guys are helping them and its awesome. So cheer up, because you're great.

There's one person in my class who is always on Reddit. Every second of every class, no matter what we're doing or what it pertains to. It's his funeral, but I couldn't imagine wasting the money I'd spent that way.

There's one person in my class who is always on Reddit. Every second of every class, no matter what we're doing or what it pertains to. It's his funeral, but I couldn't imagine wasting the money I'd spent that way.

That seems unnecessarily harsh.

There's a girl who sits in front of me who plays various online games 100% of the time lecture is going. But yet, when it comes time for group work, or testing, or whatever - she's got the answers and is as prepared and knowledgeable as anyone I know. Sitting there diligently taking notes (like I do, 75% of the time) just isn't the best way for some people go get the info in their head.

The only time I get annoyed is when whatever-their-distraction-is gets in the way of me (because I tend to learn best from listening to the prof). People with noisy distractions - knitters clicking, ahem - are kinda a pain. My take on it is that your right to distract yourself in lecture ends when your distraction is disruptive.

The only time I get annoyed is when whatever-their-distraction-is gets in the way of me (because I tend to learn best from listening to the prof). People with noisy distractions - knitters clicking, ahem - are kinda a pain. My take on it is that your right to distract yourself in lecture ends when your distraction is disruptive.

Wait, people have knitted in your lectures? I can't decide if that's odd or amazing. (aside from the noise it produces).

The only time someone's computer habit bothered me was the guy who sat in front of me last year. He had a 17" screen that was directly in my eye line. And he was a study-in-lecture person. Meaning if we had a midterm at 1:30, he'd spend all the morning classes reviewing material. Way more distracting to me than random web surfring or playing games. Mostly because I have a strict rule of "do not look at exam material right before a midterm".

Wait, people have knitted in your lectures? I can't decide if that's odd or amazing. (aside from the noise it produces).

I know someone who does it in the class below us because she doesn't learn by taking notes in class, but if her hands aren't doing anything, she won't pay attention to the lecture. So knitting and listening to the lecturer works the best for her.

That seems unnecessarily harsh.

There's a girl who sits in front of me who plays various online games 100% of the time lecture is going. But yet, when it comes time for group work, or testing, or whatever - she's got the answers and is as prepared and knowledgeable as anyone I know. Sitting there diligently taking notes (like I do, 75% of the time) just isn't the best way for some people go get the info in their head.

This is why I sit in the back row... I am a super fidgety person and spend half the lecture looking up vaguely related things (or hell, redditing sometimes). I know that my screen would be annoying as crap to people behind me, so I nip that at the bud.

This is why I sit in the back row... I am a super fidgety person and spend half the lecture looking up vaguely related things (or hell, redditing sometimes). I know that my screen would be annoying as crap to people behind me, so I nip that at the bud.

Same....have to be at the back so I don't annoy everyone with SDN on my screen. ;)

My rant is crappy new professors in difficult classes! Not all new professors suck, but some really do. I understand someone has to be the first class, but it sucks when it happens to you. Especially when it is my first radiology class and she's explaining oblique skull rads :confused:

Oh-and there's a knitter in the class above me. Seems weirdly more common than would be expected...

I sit in the back too, but that's mostly because I hate sitting with my back to people. Avoiding people looking over my shoulder at my screen is just an added bonus.