Vet School retake policy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soon2bedogtor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a website that has all the schools retake policies on it, for example, if you make a D in Biology and then retake it and make an A, NCSU counts both, whereas Kansas only counts the retake? Does anyone know where I can find this information, without having to creep each vet schools page?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't seem to find a website that has all the schools retake policies on it, for example, if you make a D in Biology and then retake it and make an A, NCSU counts both, whereas Kansas only counts the retake? Does anyone know where I can find this information, without having to creep each vet schools page?
I think you have to creep the school's pages honestly. Unless you get the updated version of the VMSAR (Vet Med School Admission Requirements) book, the info might be in there.

Where does it say that KS only counts the retake? I never saw that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where does it say that KS only counts the retake? I never saw that.
I could have bet my life that I read it somewhere, then when I go to find it, I can't. They don't say whether they do or they don't. So who knows!

Kansas State does just count retakes. Got this information from calling them in November or so.

Unless the retake is in your last 45 credit hours- then Kansas counts the D and the A, not just the A. Your best bet is to email the schools directly.

Reactions: 1 user