Vicodin vs xodol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mona2004

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we get a rx for Vicodin 5/300 can we dispense with generic hydrocodone /APAP( generic xodol 5/300) ?? Or we should dispense Vicodin brand only??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have never heard of Xodol before your post. Who would prescribe this? The answer to your question is simple, if Xodol is AB rated to Vicodin you can sub it without a problem, if its not, then you legally can't. (I don't know if its AB rated, I'll have to check that our of curiosity when I get to work, although fortunately, I have never seen a doctor in my area prescribe it.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Neither one seems to be in the Orange book under their brand name, but I fill the generic xodol.

The answer to your question is simple, if Xodol is AB rated to Vicodin you can sub it without a problem, if its not, then you legally can't. (I don't know if its AB rated, I'll have to check that our of curiosity when I get to work, although fortunately, I have never seen a doctor in my area prescribe it.)

Thank you, I supplied the research: They are all AA RATED, please see images I included as reference (posted under Fair Use License for Non-profit Educational purpose).
HYDROCODONE ACETAMINOPHEN 5 300 IS AA RATED.jpg

VICODIN IS AA RATED.png

XODOL IS AA RATED.jpg

AA RATED MEANS OKAY.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for clarifying this for me.

Last edited: