Video tutorials on anatomy for MS-1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kp11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Does anyone have a good video tutorial that they use/have used for Anatomy. I'm an MS-1, and could use any outside help I can get. I am not opposed to having to pay money for any type of subscription/1 time fee for the service. I just want to learn Anatomy.

-thanks,
KP11

Members don't see this ad.

Aclands is a common one. I personally only watched a couple so I can't give you an honest review. I bet if you ask around at your school someone will have them on a flash drive.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's available through the school's library system for us. Check with your school's library

I'm loving the Acland videos also. Great stuff, though you should cross-reference with Netter's and/or a textbook because he does present a few details slightly differently

thanks for the responses. I think this new strange sensation I'm feeling is 'hope'. I'm going to go barricade myself in the library now.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks for the responses. I think this new strange sensation I'm feeling is 'hope'. I'm going to go barricade myself in the library now.

Don't be so negative (the "hope" comment) and neurotic . The material is not impossible. Virtually everyone gets through it. I find that having a positive attitude helps get you through first year. Change your attitude from I am feeling "hopeful" to I am excited to learn this stuff because I will use it in the future and in the meantime, I will crush this class....see where that takes you.

Don't be so negative (the "hope" comment) and neurotic . The material is not impossible. Virtually everyone gets through it. I find that having a positive attitude helps get you through first year. Change your attitude from I am feeling "hopeful" to I am excited to learn this stuff because I will use it in the future and in the meantime, I will crush this class....see where that takes you.

A good point indeed. I will adopt your approach. the first few weeks are just a little shocking to assimilate to!

I like the Dr. Preddy videos on YouTube as well. I think he's a professor at Touro, but don't quote me on that.

Dr. Preddy's videos on brachial plexus are phenominal. He is an ER doctor and I believe he does guest lectures at the medical school.

Last edited:
I have been using Acland's and The Anatomy Guy videos and I find them helpful so far.
Edited to include Dr. Preddy's videos on youtube. They are super helpful.

Last edited:
I have been using Acland's and The Anatomy Guy videos and I find them helpful so far.
Edited to include Dr. Preddy's videos on youtube. They are super helpful.

The "Anatomy Guy" is such a dissection pro. great suggestion. Im going to check out Acland later this week.

Thank y'all again for the suggestions!

I wouldn't go that far necessarily. That feeling of panic, foreseeable doom is incredibly important. The fear of failure is what will keep you studying and light a fire under your butt. It is always better to overstudy and walk out of an exam feeling like you could have studied less instead of the other way around. You don't want to be posting on here a year from now about how you failed a class/year/etc.

All I'm saying is that the first two years are not friggin rainbows and unicorns. A positive attitude is not going to get you to the very end unless you have the brains to back it up. This crap is hard and not everyone makes it. You are doing the right thing by looking up extra resources and studying. Help your fellow classmates, be nice.

The end.

I wouldn't go that far necessarily. That feeling of panic, foreseeable doom is incredibly important. The fear of failure is what will keep you studying and light a fire under your butt. It is always better to overstudy and walk out of an exam feeling like you could have studied less instead of the other way around. You don't want to be posting on here a year from now about how you failed a class/year/etc.

All I'm saying is that the first two years are not friggin rainbows and unicorns. A positive attitude is not going to get you to the very end unless you have the brains to back it up. This crap is hard and not everyone makes it. You are doing the right thing by looking up extra resources and studying. Help your fellow classmates, be nice.

The end.

If fear and feeling of "panic" are what you need to study, then yes, sure go ahead and use that as a motive. But I, for one, quickly learned that an entire year of fear and panic, before the 60+ exams that we had first year is unsustainable, detrimental to my health, and counterproductive. I learned to calm myself down, tried to enjoy the material, and went in there with an attitude that I am going to do well, instead of feel hopeful. To each his own.

Reactions: 1 user
If fear and feeling of "panic" are what you need to study, then yes, sure go ahead and use that as a motive. But I, for one, quickly learned that an entire year of fear and panic, before the 60+ exams that we had first year is unsustainable, detrimental to my health, and counterproductive. I learned to calm myself down, tried to enjoy the material, and went in there with an attitude that I am going to do well, instead of feel hopeful. To each his own.

This. Healthy stress that motivates you is a good thing. Escalation into anxiety and panic can be a bad thing, even a dangerous thing. I'm a first year, and I'm figuring that out the hard way, so I can speak from some experience.