Viet Nam summer course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vannguyenhn1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm an IT consultant/professional thinking of shifting careers and becoming a doctor. I'm tired of doing office work with a computer, and I wish to do medical missions, if ever this plan come true.

My question is, is there a medical school here in the Viet Nam that do not require a pre-medical degree? Or is it really a must?

What must I do to get into medical school? Do I have to take a second undergraduate degree that is majored on medical sciences, like Biology/Biochemistry/Chemistry/Psychology?

Also, is there some sort of pre-medical transition program for non-premed degree holders? Like a school who offers the science courses required to get into medical school? I checked Ateneo, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, UST and St. Luke's and they all require lots of science prerequisites for medical student applications. I'm wondering if medical schools could be the same the way some Master's education are conducted, like for example, if you are missing some required bachelor units, you will be advised to take them in that same school.

I am a UP graduate by the way, and only have general education biology, chemistry and physics, and I'm not sure if UP-College of Medicine has in-depth science requirements, didn't see it on their brochure.

Or should I just take the NMAT directly, and review like hell in an NMAT review school and hope they accept me provided I reach the cutoff?

I'd appreciate all your advice.

chung cư golden land, mua bán rao vặt, đá granite, đá marble, bán áo chống nắng Uniqlo Nhật, tại Hà Nội

Members don't see this ad.