Visiting PT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamer131

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have applied before, did you visit some of the schools you applied to? I heard this is a good thing to do, especially with the schools that get tons of applications.

-Also, what questions are appropriate during a visit? Can I ask things like what can I do to make myself more competitive? What do you like to see in a potential student? Or should I mostly ask about the program?

Thanks! I'd really appreciate any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Visit as many schools as you possibly can. I had my my list of Schools narrowed down from most appealing to least. My number eight school was Chatham university. I never heard of it before applying but I was 100% set on moving to pittsburgh and trying to get into Pitt that I applied to Chatham as a back up plan. When I visited the school I was blown away by the whole program. I fell in love and I'm starting in August. If I didn't visit I'd be missing out on a program I never gave a chance. I picked Chatham over Miami, duke, George wash, Maryland Balt, duquense and old dominion all schools I visited and got accepted to. With that said I got waitlisted at Pitt. But I sent my deposit to Chatham and made my mydecision before I heard back from my number one. Best of luck to u