Visiting the department before the official interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swordfish

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Drawback = annoying
Visiting during non interview time means we are working, supervising the residents, pouring through lots of paperwork, and surfing SDN. No time for visitors.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
u want to visit the programs but call the director or email them beforehand. If you just show up its going to be annoying and everyone will be busy so schedule an appt and they will be glad to have you

Last edited:
i wouldnt drop off any applications on that visit, its going to be via Pass anyway just call the director, schedule a date and they will be happy to see you and have a list of questions to ask cause i remember some dudes dropping by in residency who really looked bad when they had nothing to ask lol

I don't get it - so setdoc7 is saying that visiting is a good idea?

No, visiting now is not such a great idea. I meant it when I said we are very busy now with the new class. Early June is the best time for a visit. The residents are experienced, can really tell you about the program, and we are not yet beginning orientation. That's the long and short of it.