Visting DC and Baltimore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArminTamzarian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be going to DC next week and would like to visit GW, Georgetown, Hopkins and U. Maryland. Would anyone affiliated with these schools be willing to talk to me?

I am a 30 senior in Chemical engineering, and I would like to find out more about the schools from current and past students. It would be great if some would be willing to sit and talk with me while I'm there, and perhaps show me the campus.

Members don't see this ad.

ArminTamzarian said:
I will be going to DC next week and would like to visit GW, Georgetown, Hopkins and U. Maryland. Would anyone affiliated with these schools be willing to talk to me?

I am a 30 senior in Chemical engineering, and I would like to find out more about the schools from current and past students. It would be great if some would be willing to sit and talk with me while I'm there, and perhaps show me the campus.

Can't really help you, but go to The Brickskellar in DC.

I'm sorry, it might be better if you post this in the Allopathic forum, because we are mostly premeds and probably dont' have an affiliation with any medical schools yet. Also, it would help if you called the admissions offices and asked for a short tour of the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we talking about general affiliation, like campus life? Because, as a loyal Marylander, I can tell you all about places of interest, and what DC and Baltimore are like. I go to UMBC, which is close to UMB (BC is county, B is Baltimore City) and I'm familiar with the UM system as well, my friends all going to College Park. Unfortunately, as I don't go to UMB, I would probably get lost on that campus.

I've been to Georgetown, actually, for summer camp. Very nice place, though I must say that the dorms are quite tall. And I had odd stains in my bed :(

Depakote said:
Can't really help you, but go to The Brickskellar in DC.

Indeed. Although shame on you for spelling it wrong. :)

By the way OP, GW is clearly the best school out of all of those. ;)

I'm starting at UMD this week. I also know a lot about Georgetown. I'm willing to talk to you about both schools. Send me a PM.

And I second going to Brickskeller. Great bar. :thumbup:

I go to maryland..so let me know if there's anything you need