VMCAS Transcript Verification Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njvet93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since VMCAS is incredibly slow at responding...wonder if anyone here can help. I have submitted my official transcripts and entered the coursework on VMCAS and have reviewed and finalized my transcript. When I go to program materials and click on the pre-requisites tab, it says the following: You opted not to enter any colleges attended, you do not have to enter any prerequisites. I don't recall every clicking something say I have opted to not enter any colleges I've attended, as I have added two colleges attended and their coursework. I'm wondering why it says this, is it because I have not submitted my application yet? I think this was asked in the class of 2020 thread but I'm still unsure what the deal is. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know some vet schools require that you enter certain prerequisite classes through VMCAS, while others don't. Maybe you aren't applying to any schools that have opted to use this option through VMCAS? I know Davis doesn't require you to enter prereq course work through VMCAS, but other schools (Missouri, Tufts) do. (Sorry if this does not answer your question....)

Hmm yeah I have quite a lengthy list of schools but none of them (Tufts, Missouri) included anything other than the "You have opted blablabla..." in the pre-req tab. VMCAS e-mailed me back but completely misunderstood what I was saying..haha...I'm just gonna call them tomorrow and see what's up. Thanks for the response though!

Members don't see this ad :)
np! I hope you get an answer!

Are you sure you reviewed and finalized properly? I had that issue at first.

Yeah I reviewed it and finalized it correctly but there is some sort of bug that prevents people from properly seeing the pre-req tabs. They managed to fix it though.