VMCAS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hna028

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, how long does it take for VMCAS to verify your application? I had my final rec turned in last Thursday and my application is still not verified (it's been a week!!!).

If there's something wrong with my transcript entry and they return it, how long will it take again for the application to be verified?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just wondering, how long does it take for VMCAS to verify your application? I had my final rec turned in last Thursday and my application is still not verified (it's been a week!!!).

If there's something wrong with my transcript entry and they return it, how long will it take again for the application to be verified?

Thank you!
VMCAS makes it pretty clear that it can take up to 4 weeks to verify depending on when you submit it and when everyone else submits it, even for a re-submitted application. When I applied, I submitted about a month ahead of the deadline and it took 10 days.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you!
We've actually been discussing this for the past couple of days on the main c/o 2020 thread - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/class-of-2020-applicants.1128724/page-21

Long story short, many of our applications have been getting verified very quickly - within 2-3 business days. Personally, I submitted my VMCAS on a Friday about two weeks ago and it had been verified by that Tuesday morning. Obviously, if you've got more than a handful of major errors in transcript entry or other areas, it may take considerably longer. Keep in mind, too, that as the deadline draws closer that more and more people will be submitting; as a result, verification could take more than just a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also submitted mine on Thursday and have heard nothing, don't worry. I think people are just submitting now so its going to take longer!

Thank you guys! I think I'm just freaking out because I won't be in the states around the deadline for applications so I want to make sure everything gets processed correctly.