Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Vmrcm c/o 2016

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by livefor32, 08.30.11.

1. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Im sure the confirmation for instate is fine. my instate sstatus isn't confirmed yet either.

i worked at NIH for a year doing post-bac research and then just finished my MPH.
  2. zoovet

zoovet c/o 2016

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    which institute? i worked there, too :)
  3. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I received my MS in animal science in dec 2009 and have been working in a lab in Maryland since.
  4. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Cool! I worked under NCI in MMBTL lab cancer studies in mice. where were you?
  5. zoovet

zoovet c/o 2016

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    NIAID =)

....does anyone know if we'll be hearing any time soon? i'm getting antsy, and my rejection from cornell this morning makes me all the more desperate. :scared:
  6. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I actually emailed Joyce this morning about that. she hasn't responded yet. i assume we would cause i think interviews are in early to mid Feb.

im sorry about your rejection. i got my cornell rejection as well this morning. even though i would rather go to VT ....rejections still hurt . Keeping fingers crossed.
  7. zoovet

zoovet c/o 2016

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member

mmm would you mind keeping us posted if/when she responds? :oops:
    are responses via snail mail or email?
  8. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Will do.

i asked her that question too. i think email but im not entirely sure.
  9. coxswain11

coxswain11

SDN 2+ Year Member
    We don't find out until February, interviews aren't until March 2-3 this year.

http://www.vetmed.vt.edu/acad/dvm/docs/Admission_Dates.pdf
  10. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    R u serious! another month ! their website isnt updated then cause it said Feb interviews last night when i looked . oh well! oh man i really hope i get an interview but ill be 8 months pregnant and my Dr recommended no travel at that time. oh man! lol

Thanks for the info!
  11. HorseLuv88

HorseLuv88

Pre-Veterinary
    I emailed her my unofficial transcripts about a week ago and I haven't received a response so I'm assuming she isn't back yet or she has a ton of emails. Please keep us posted if she says anything about interviews! I was hoping to hear in January as well. Sorry about the Cornell rejections. I received a rejection from Iowa State a few weeks ago and it does not feel good.
  12. TwistedRose

TwistedRose Miss. State c/o 20??

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Don't give up hope for January interview invites yet. In an earlier post, livefor32 mentioned that Joyce said interview invites should be sent out the second or third week in January. ;)
  13. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I spoke with Joyce in Nov. and she told me that interview invites would be sent out the second or third week in January (obviously contradicting what is posted online). I guess we shall see :xf:
  14. TwistedRose

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow. We posted at the exact same time. :p
  15. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    haha :) i don't want to mislead anyone, but i really hope to find out soon!!!
  16. Kmeid

Kmeid VMRCVM c/o 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    I was told a few months ago that it would be toward the end of January as well! Waiting is driving me crazy too. I keep having crazy dreams about the interview or about not getting one. This waiting process can't be good for our health :laugh:
  17. equitate

equitate Oklahoma State C/O 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Here we are, rounding the corner and coming into the second week of January... :eek:
  18. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I was thinking the same thing...each day I obsessively check my email, then I check SDN to make sure invites weren't sent out! Here's to hoping we get the news this week!!
  19. TwistedRose

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I've been doing the same. :p Any day now I should hear back from one of two schools......but at least my classes will keep me distracted.
  20. HorseLuv88

HorseLuv88

Pre-Veterinary
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one obsessing over SDN and my emails. :)
  21. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    lets not forget the status page too!
  22. TwistedRose

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    That too. :p In fact, after reading your post, I just checked it. :D
  23. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey guys just got the response from Joyce. she said interview invites will go out via email and will be sent out next week! Good luck to everyone! :):xf:
  24. Kmeid

Kmeid VMRCVM c/o 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    LP I just got a similar email! EEEEEeeee. So nervous. She said interview invites will be sent out via email around the beginning of next week.

I'm starting to lose it. I've been obsessively checking my email and seeing if my online application status changed.

I went suit shopping with my Mom yesterday since I have a limited professional wardrobe (and Blacksburg is a little more limited on shopping options). I purchased one thinking it would be good for the interview or for grad school. Now I'm hoping I didn't jinx myself!

One week guys, Good luck everyone! :luck:
  25. Tense

Tense

Pre-Veterinary
    I don't know if knowing interview invites are going out soon is good or bad for my state of mind. I have been checking SDN and the status page daily, slowly going crazy. Finally got in-state residency confirmed today. Good luck everyone, hope to see you in Blacksburg :xf:
  26. HorseLuv88

HorseLuv88

Pre-Veterinary
    Ahh that is so soon! What email address did you sent it to? I've sent her 2 emails and I haven't received any response so I think I may have the wrong address.
  27. vet1day

vet1day

Pre-Veterinary
    Does anyone still NOT have their in-state residency confirmed??
  28. Misssc

Misssc

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I still don't have a check next to mine.
  29. TwistedRose

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I was hoping for this week, but I guess I'll just have to wait. Interview invites just weren't meant to be sent out this week... The wait is not fun at all. -_-

You should try calling the admissions office. They have only been back in office for a week now after break, so they may be trying to get caught up with everything. I'm sure they are swamped with all the fall transcripts and e-mails from applicants like us.
  30. equitate

equitate Oklahoma State C/O 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Mine now looks like this (it says instate residency is confirmed, but there is no check mark in the "Received" column). Is that what it looks like to those of you who think yours is confirmed? It looks promising to me, but I'm not sure...

VM: Residency Form [​IMG]
    Instate Residency Confirmed

and AAAHHH!!! Next week? Finally/yikes!
  31. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah mine says the same thing. i don't want to bug them again lol. so im sure it will be fine and they just haven't updated the website. i agree with Twistedrose that they are probably swamped with all sorts of back to work and processing transcripts
  32. Misssc

Misssc

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    That's what mine looks like as well.
  33. mooshagen

mooshagen UC Davis SVM C/O 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Any OOS'ers out there?
  34. Virginger

Virginger Oregon State c/o 2017

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Does anyone's network for VT list their high school transcripts from undergraduate applications (which were like 4 years ago)??? ... I dont know why that is attached to my account, I never sent those to the vet program. Also my college transcripts are not posted?!?!?! ... but I dont see a spot for them on my application!?
  35. TehSwizz

TehSwizz OkState c/o 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Pick me! I'm from Texas but in Oklahoma for school :)
  36. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yea mine has that they received my final high school transcripts and it has my high school name next to it. My guess is if you are or ever were a VT student, they automatically populate that information. That is my best guess only because my application is under my maiden name (since I was a VT student) even though I sent in my application under my married name. Joyce said that as long as your VMCAS and supplemental are submitted, she would hunt you down if you were missing anything. I verified that they received my transcripts, so I'm fairly confident everything is in order.
  37. petdrhpful2015

petdrhpful2015 VMRCVM c/o 2015

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just wanted to wish everyone well wishes on interview invites in the coming weeks! Ours came out SO much earlier last year so I can only imagine how stressed out everyone is! Once interviews come out, if anyone wants to PM me to chat about the school or has questions, feel free! GOOD LUCK! Y'all will be great!
  38. Virginger

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah, I got in contact with Joyce yesterday (she is super nice!) and I guess it lumps everything under one transcript and it does retain previous application information. Its odd how the program works, but she checked and all of the important items are in.

I got so worked up worrying over this... I am so relieved.
  39. Niri

Niri

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    In my situation I applied for undergraduate at Virginia Tech, but ended up choosing my in-state school, and they still have my high school transcripts listed!
  40. HorseLuv88

HorseLuv88

Pre-Veterinary
    Has anyone not received a response from when they emailed their Fall transcripts? I don't want to bother her because I know they are busy, but I want to make sure they received my transcripts.
  41. TwistedRose

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I haven't received a response as well, and I have also sent an e-mail asking if my official transcript was received after the office re-opened. I'm sure they received hundreds of transcripts they need to sort through.
  42. zebrastripe86

zebrastripe86 Penn Vet 2018!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Does anyone know if there was a due date for the residency forms? On the website i see that there is one for WV applicants, but I don't see one for MD or VA residents. I am an idiot, and did not realize that there was a form to send in. So now I'm frantically pulling it together so I can fed ex it! No one ever notified me that it was missing. Definitely freaking out right now. :scared:
  43. livefor32

livefor32 VMRCVM 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member

I would definitely recommend contacting Joyce regarding this issue, but I think the residency form is due the same time as the application. Since you didn't submit one, you may be considered OOS, which means you would be competing for one of the 40 at large spots. Again, I would ask Joyce...I'm just speculating.
  44. Virginger

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I called Joyce about getting in my Va residency form in since it did not arrive earlier this fall. She said its fine and to get it sent in. Also, she said to me that the form shouldn't have an impact at this stage of the application process.

You are probably fine but giver her a call. She is super nice.
  45. zebrastripe86

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah...I was thinking that is a possibility. I am going to contact Joyce first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks, livefor32! :oops:)
  46. TwistedRose

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I looked over the residency form just to see if there was a deadline, but I did not find one on a quick scan of the site. Instead, I found that it said "Failure to complete this form will result in non-Virginia domicile classification" for Virginia and "Failure to complete all of the required items may result in a non-Maryland resident classification and out-of-state charges being applied" for Maryland residents. The best thing to do would be to contact Joyce ASAP and hope you can still turn the form in.

Ha ha. Looks like several people beat me to posting advice. ;P
  47. zebrastripe86

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Called Joyce today, and she said it was no problem...phew!
  48. HorseLuv88

HorseLuv88

Pre-Veterinary
    I've been checking my email and status page all day just in case they sent out invites early. Hopefully Monday is the day! Good luck everyone! :luck:
  49. blackcat19

blackcat19

Pre-Veterinary
    Anyone have an idea of when the interviews are supposed to be? The timeline says March and the website says early February!
  50. LaylaPhone

LaylaPhone

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah March 2 & 3. i believe offers should start going out in the next week. gl everyone.

just wondering i know some of u said Joyce said state status doesnt matter but i got an email yesterday that said more documentation needed for in state va status. i was caught off guard by it and mailed all my info today. i dont imagine my status being a problem. anyone else have this email and applying in state ?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal