Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Vmrcm c/o 2016

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by livefor32, 08.30.11.

1. Cypress

Cypress

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Did they send rejections via email or snail mail?
  2. Rocky922

Rocky922

Pre-Veterinary
    snail mail...but I'm pretty sure that you would have gotten one by now if you were going to get one...they were sent out at least a week ago
  3. HorseLuv88

HorseLuv88

Pre-Veterinary
    Thanks for posting this! It definitely clears a few things up. I guess I will be anxiously waiting for an invite. :xf:
  4. Cypress

Cypress

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Doesn't look like anyone posted on the rejection page - or am I missing something?
  5. Rocky922

Rocky922

Pre-Veterinary
    True, no one has posted on that page yet but maybe the SDNers just lucked out. Joyce did say that rejections have been sent out so my guess is that people just have not posted it or like I said, the SDNers just may be the lucky ones!
  6. zebrastripe86

zebrastripe86 Penn Vet 2018!

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    So are we to assume that if we haven't received any correspondence, we are possibly on the alternate list? If so, that sort of makes me happy a little bit :oops:
  7. Rocky922

Rocky922

Pre-Veterinary
    That's what I'm assuming! I may be wrong, so don't shoot the messenger if thats not the case....but the email I received from Joyce certainly looks like that is the case...

But since there haven't been any rejections on here, that makes me nervous that either more rejections are coming out or the alternate list it just realllllllyyyy long and not many rejections went out

Either way, we haven't gotten a rejection and Joyce said some have been sent out, so at least we made it this far! :D
  8. Cypress

Cypress

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I keep looking around my house thinking I've missed my rejection some how - maybe my husband brought in the mail and set it down and its under a pile of junk mail - my status says under review still and haven't heard anything

I'm kind of excited to possibly still have a chance at an interview - although I'm leaning more towards they have a VERY long alternative list - only time will tell I guess
  9. Flutestar72733

Flutestar72733

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone know how competitive the vmd-phd combined program is?
  10. sarah1029

sarah1029

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Last I heard, they only take 1-2 students a year. Don't quote me on that though.
  11. graffitiskies

graffitiskies

Pre-Veterinary
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I am apparently on the alternate list for WV applicants.

I am curious to see if there are any other WV residents on this forum.
  12. Flutestar72733

Flutestar72733

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    i got a rejection letter via email today:( saying they were done going through the applications and im not on the list for further consideration. good luck to the rest of you guys. Anyone know my chances of getting into an out of state school if i wasn't even given an interview to my instate one?
  13. WelshCob

WelshCob Florida c/o 2017

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm OOS and still haven't heard a word from them. Any ideas?
  14. TwistedRose

TwistedRose Miss. State c/o 20??

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I haven't heard anything yet either. You could be on the alternative list for interviews. I looked up when some rejections were sent last year, and those were also sent on February 2nd (so were acceptances). The difference is that the interviews were in January last year, but they are in March this year.
  15. Cypress

Cypress

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I haven't heard anything either - no change on my online status either - has anyone emailed to find out if they are actually on the alternate list? I hate to email them because I'm sure they're busy. I hate getting my hopes up at the possibility of being offered an interview. I interviewed in state but would love to have another chance.

Flutestar - hard to say what your chances are out of state - I have not received any out of state interview offers but interviewed in state. I have a friend that did not receive an invite to our in state school but received invites from Kansas and Auburn (I didn't apply there) so its totally possible.

Good luck!
  16. JoAnna423

JoAnna423 NCSU c/o 2017!!!!

Pre-Veterinary
    Every school and admission committee will look at your app differently...yes of course for IS your stats are much better just because so many more spots but when it comes to OOS I think that it is just a matter of getting your app noticed...I mean if 500 people apply for 20 spots it is actually a little impossible to TRULY detremine who would be best from a sheet of paper. If your GPA and GRE are good (even just decent) you have a shot because in my opinion OOS is a big game of LUCK. Keep your head up!
  17. sunnex3

sunnex3 PennWe c/o 2016!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    i declined my interview about a week ago so i hope someone gets called off the interview waitlist soon. i'm sending really good vibes to everyone here, VMRCVM is a great school!!!!! :xf: :luck:
  18. kittkat

kittkat disappointed.

Pre-Veterinary
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this tread and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not the wait-list for interviews is ranked or if there's an OOS vs IS one. I'm an OOS applicant.

Soo, I went back and read the tread and both of these questions were pretty much answered! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear something (like myself :) ) and to those with interviews!
    Last edited: 02.04.12
  19. PeachMango

PeachMango

Non-Student
    Hey everyone! I'm new to SDN. :)

I was just wondering, has anyone still not heard back from VMRCM? I'm OOS and I know some people have received rejections on Feb 2nd but that was a week ago!

I also know some people have received interview invites a well, back in late January.

Any news on what's going on? Thanks!
  20. rayray13

rayray13

Pre-Veterinary
    I am OOS and have still not heard anything. I've pretty much given up on VMRCVM, but who knows :)
  21. dvmlax15

dvmlax15

Pre-Veterinary
    I am OOS too. I think if we still haven't heard that we are still being wait-listed for interviews. Hopefully they will let us know soon!
  22. Sheepdogpsu

Sheepdogpsu Dick Vet c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Did everyone else get final interview details today. I'm in group 8 on Saturday. The email says 288 interviews, 9 groups, 2 days, and 32 interviewers. It seems overwhelming with all these groups, colors, stickers, etc and to have to think on the fly in these MMIs.
    :boom:
  23. Peperoncini

Peperoncini VMRCVM C/O 2016!

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I got the details today and it does seem to add an extra bit of anxiety to an already stressful experience...

Good luck to everyone, it's coming up soon!
  24. Kmeid

Kmeid VMRCVM c/o 2016!

Pre-Veterinary
    I was thinking the same thing. Yikes. Anyone else in Group 2 on Friday?
  25. jayme436

jayme436

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm also in group 8, sheepdog! See you there!
  26. Peperoncini

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm in group 2 on Friday as well!

Don't be late! You don't want to miss the fingerprinting, retina scan and airport type full-body scan to make sure you have no recording devices... :scared:

Seriously though, it should be fun, and it will be good to know there are plenty of people just as freaked out about this as I am!
  27. mooshagen

mooshagen UC Davis SVM C/O 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wait, this isn't serious, is it? haha.
  28. Peperoncini

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I certainly hope I'm not serious!
  29. mollydog88

mollydog88

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    To those of you who have received rejections, did your status change on your application summary page to "Decision Made" ... I am IS and from reading everything, I obviously know that I'm not getting an interview but I'm not sure if I am now on the alternate list for interviews or if I'm rejected?? My page still says "Under Review".
  30. Zpearl

Zpearl PreVet Student

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm in Group 7! Interviewing Saturday, March 3, 2012, check in at 9:30 AM.... This whole system is a little intricate lol. A bit intimidating...
  31. caninegen23

caninegen23

Pre-Veterinary
    I got an interview and my portal still says "under review." I would just call and ask them maybe
  32. futurevet7

futurevet7 Iowa State c/o 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just declined my interview, as I got in at my contract state school, hopefully this pulls one of you off the waitlist!!
  33. VTgal

VTgal

Pre-Veterinary

Hey, I'm in Group 2 as well!! Cant wait to see you all Friday.
  34. handcarvedstar

handcarvedstar VMRCVM Class of 2016!!!

Pre-Veterinary
    I've been lurking on this board since JULY but I am also interviewing in Group 7 on March 3rd!!! I'm an IS applicant and am DYING waiting for this interview......although at the same time wholly dreading it.
  35. Zpearl

Zpearl PreVet Student

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What the heck should we expect for interview questions? Their strange interview process is getting into my head lol
  36. handcarvedstar

handcarvedstar VMRCVM Class of 2016!!!

Pre-Veterinary
    I have NO idea what to expect. It's so tough with the interview process they have because I feel like it's IMPOSSIBLE to prepare!!! I heard that there will be some typical interview questions but that most of them will be situation-based...I just want it to be over!
  37. moonskye

moonskye

Pre-Veterinary
    I'm OOS and haven't heard a peep from this school. My status is still Under Review. Should I call them? What's the deal here?
  38. Zpearl

Zpearl PreVet Student

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    A friend of mine told me that she was waitlisted for interviews. I suppose since many have already found out about vet school, that some drop out from their interview with VMRCVM. Maybe that's your case?
  39. moonskye

moonskye

Pre-Veterinary
    I called up there, and I'm on the alternate interview list. That's good, I guess, considering I thought I was rejected. Fingers crossed!
  40. alaskandream

alaskandream UC Davis c/o 2016!!!!

Pre-Veterinary
    I just got an interview!! There is still hope!
  41. mooshagen

mooshagen UC Davis SVM C/O 2016

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Congrats, alaskandream!
  42. VetMedBF

VetMedBF

Pre-Veterinary
    I am waiting to hear back from a couple schools, meaning that I will probably decline my interview at VT if I hear good news soon. I hope I can give my spot to some one. Good luck to you all! :xf:
  43. mulletsarelove

mulletsarelove

Pre-Veterinary
    I declined my interview yesterday, so hopefully more people will be getting interviews :) Good luck, guys!
  44. VetMedBF

VetMedBF

Pre-Veterinary
    Have you decided where you are going to go?
  45. mulletsarelove

mulletsarelove

Pre-Veterinary
    No :( I don't hear back from my in state until mid-march.
  46. VetMedBF

VetMedBF

Pre-Veterinary
    Is that your 1st choice? Good luck! :xf:
  47. alaskandream

alaskandream UC Davis c/o 2016!!!!

Pre-Veterinary

Thanks!! regardless of what happens after, the interview sounds like it might actually be fun haha :p
  48. Zpearl

Zpearl PreVet Student

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Is the MMI format a relatively new interview type at VMRCVM??? Just wondering if the SDN interview feedback questions are worth looking over... Anyone have any good advice for preparing for this interview? Anyone know what they tend to ask?
  49. Peperoncini

Veterinary Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    From the interview feedback questions, it looks like vmrcvm switched to mmi format in 2010. Not sure how helpful the old questions (2009 and previous) will be... there are no recent interview questions due to confidentiality agreement (meaning they likely recycle questions/situations). not that I recommend it, but I'm sure if you found someone that has done the mmi format previously and got them to talk about it, it would be good prep for the upcoming interview (even if that person didn't do mmi at vmrcvm).
  50. mulletsarelove

mulletsarelove

Pre-Veterinary
    I did MMI at A&M. It was really not as bad as I was expecting. For the most part, if you've had decently substantial clinical experience, that helps a lot because you've seen how vets deal with ethical issues and you can use that to decide how you may deal with similar issues. If you have any further questions you can PM me. I can't tell you the exact questions or anything too specific because of the confidentiality agreement, but I can try to answer whatever questions you have.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal