VMRCVM 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called twice, left one message and no response. If I could just hear from her about their no-shows (which I really can't imagine happening..) I could make a decision but as it is it's just argh.

It looks like school switched interview dates to Friday and Saturday because of the storm. On there website had the change dates. I wouldn't trek all that way, it would prob be a waste.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! So I live about 25 minutes from Bburg and the roads are really a not an issue. The storm looks to be moving farther north of bburg now too. As far as no shows which I think would be pretty rare, I doubt they'd fill the spots. When I talked to Joyce on Wednesday she claimed that I would have known about a spot today at the latest. Sorry guys, I guess onto next year for us :(

Good luck on your interviews this weekend, for those who have them! Just relax and enjoy yourselves, you'll do great!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am group 2 as well! I think the best we can do is just pretend we are in that situation and just answer as best we can and be ourselves...I mean if it were a real life situation you probably wouldn't stand there without saying a word for 6 minutes straight...WE CAN DO THIS!

Sweet!! I'll be in black pants, grey sweater over a light blue collared shirt! I'm glad that I'll be with someone from SDN at the interview! I hope we get the same color sub-group as well :D Good Luck Everyone!!!!:xf::luck:

I am in group 5! Driving down tonight! Anyone bringing a parent on the tour? And they said we couldn't have personal belongings in the interview but I was really hoping to bring a change of clothes (or at least shoes). Is there a spot to leave stuff?

Good luck everybody!!!!!!

Hey everyone!
I am an OOSer and I'm in group 6 for interviews tomorrow! Anyone else out there in group 6?

Sweet!! I'll be in black pants, grey sweater over a light blue collared shirt! I'm glad that I'll be with someone from SDN at the interview! I hope we get the same color sub-group as well :D Good Luck Everyone!!!!:xf::luck:

I think I saw you but I didnt look at this thread until now so I wasn't looking for you, sorry. I was the short girl with short brown hair in a black suit with small pinstripe and a white button up.

First day of interviews is over! Thank goodness! GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU THAT GO TOMORROW AND DONT STRESS, YOU CAN DO IT!

I am in group 5! Driving down tonight! Anyone bringing a parent on the tour? And they said we couldn't have personal belongings in the interview but I was really hoping to bring a change of clothes (or at least shoes). Is there a spot to leave stuff?

Good luck everybody!!!!!!

They will have some place to leave your things. I don't know if you'll see this before you head out tonight or before your interview. Last year, we left our purses, coats, and whatever else we had in the room right outside the interview area. We all went in and came out at the same time and everything was watched by people while we were inside. You shouldn't need a change of clothes for the tour. I even did it all in heels because I chose conservative comfortable heels that I could walk well in. If you have a change of clothes for after the interview, keep them in the car. After my interview and tour, I went to a fast food place where I was buying my supper and changed in their bathroom before I drove home. :)

I think I saw you but I didnt look at this thread until now so I wasn't looking for you, sorry. I was the short girl with short brown hair in a black suit with small pinstripe and a white button up.

First day of interviews is over! Thank goodness! GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU THAT GO TOMORROW AND DONT STRESS, YOU CAN DO IT!

I remember seeing you! lol I was very tempted to get everyone's attention while we were waiting for the bus and ask which one was you. I'm so glad its over though!
I was surprised that I didn't get enough time to talk to students and get a good feel of the school. it was a strict schedule of register, interview, bus tour, animal hospital tour, done. I wish there was a panel of students able to talk to or just more Equine/LA students to learn about the program. Get the student's take of the curriculum rather than the admissions office's opinion. :( Overall, interesting experience: my advice would be to relax, try some brain exercises to get your thought process started and head in there!

Good Luck to all interviewing today!!:luck:

Good luck to everyone who interviews today!

I'm sorry Thatredhead, I have been secretly rooting for you since CSU denied you BEFORE the VMCAS deadline - I really wanted you to be able to stick it to them. Good luck at your other interview later this week!

And my only advice to everyone who goes today is just relax! I know its harder said than done, and I was a neurotic mess, but I actually had a lot of fun with the format, so just enjoy the day! Again, Good luck!!

I was surprised that I didn't get enough time to talk to students and get a good feel of the school. it was a strict schedule of register, interview, bus tour, animal hospital tour, done. I wish there was a panel of students able to talk to or just more Equine/LA students to learn about the program. Get the student's take of the curriculum rather than the admissions office's opinion.

I think this is an excellent idea - I believe they send out surveys about the interview process and you should definitely say something about this!
They do have a panel during orientation week, but one before you decide where to go would probably be helpful!

Unfortunately most of the first years had solid classes from 8am to 5pm so we couldn't help out much.

Good luck to everyone who interviews today!

I'm sorry Thatredhead, I have been secretly rooting for you since CSU denied you BEFORE the VMCAS deadline - I really wanted you to be able to stick it to them. Good luck at your other interview later this week!

Haha, thank you, that means so much. I'm so proud and excited to have at least one interview, although it's in March so I have plenty of time to prepare. Best of luck to you this cycle! :)

I agree, I would have liked to had a little more info session and meet and greet. At another interview I had, they had a presentation about everything that had to do with the program and their location and then a chance for people to ask questions and there students and previous grads there. That was really helpful. I also feel like we didn't get to see as much of the school because of the size of our groups. I go to Tech undergrad and pretty much know it like the back of my hand and I feel like the small animal hospital is worth seeing. These would all be good points to put on the survey

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, I would have liked to had a little more info session and meet and greet. At another interview I had, they had a presentation about everything that had to do with the program and their location and then a chance for people to ask questions and there students and previous grads there. That was really helpful. I also feel like we didn't get to see as much of the school because of the size of our groups. I go to Tech undergrad and pretty much know it like the back of my hand and I feel like the small animal hospital is worth seeing. These would all be good points to put on the survey

I'll keep an eye out for that survey. and yeah, at my other interview they seemed to work on selling the school much more than VMRCVM did. I spent the whole day sitting in classes, talking to students one on one, and having that panel so I felt I knew so much about the school and it also made me really excited to attend.
btw, Will I also see you in NYC for the Edinburgh open house on the 3rd? (I thought i had recognized your name from the other post ;) )

btw, Will I also see you in NYC for the Edinburgh open house on the 3rd? (I thought i had recognized your name from the other post ;) )

yep you'll see me there :)...no idea what I am wearing though, I'll have to get back to you on that one lol. We will have to meet up though!

I'll keep an eye out for that survey. and yeah, at my other interview they seemed to work on selling the school much more than VMRCVM did. I spent the whole day sitting in classes, talking to students one on one, and having that panel so I felt I knew so much about the school and it also made me really excited to attend.

In April, VMRCVM has, in conjunction with their open house, a weekend full of activities for admitted, prospective students. You'll get to attend a bunch of classes, get a more in-depth tour of the school and get the opportunity to talk with more students during panel-like Q and A sessions about student life, classes, housing, etc. So, hopefully you'll be able to attend that in a few months and you'll surely get a much better feeling for what it's like to be a student here :) If you have an specific questions, feel free to PM me!!

yep you'll see me there :)...no idea what I am wearing though, I'll have to get back to you on that one lol. We will have to meet up though!

lol I have no idea what i will be wearing either, but I'll post it as soon as i figure that out :p

Roxysocks - how late in april?? we have to make our decision by april 15th and I would like to know more about the school before I have to make a decision. :/

Have any of the other alternate people gotten rejections yet? I pretty much know I'm rejected since interview weekend is past, but I haven't heard anything.. maybe they'll send out the emails Monday? I already know it's a rejection, but it would be nice just to get it formalized so it's one less thing to think about.

thedogisgreen, my group was told that official notifications will be sent by email on tuesday of this week. I am not sure if it is different between those interviewed, and those not, but I would think it would be the same day...

I have been obsessively checking my email... as though Joyce would be at the office at 10pm on a sunday :p
Can't help it though..

thedogisgreen, my group was told that official notifications will be sent by email on tuesday of this week. I am not sure if it is different between those interviewed, and those not, but I would think it would be the same day...

I have been obsessively checking my email... as though Joyce would be at the office at 10pm on a sunday :p
Can't help it though..

Wow, so soon?! I don't recall hearing our group being told that, and I feel like that is something I would remember! I hope so though, the sooner the better, she just told us "within a week we would know".

lol I have no idea what i will be wearing either, but I'll post it as soon as i figure that out :p

Roxysocks - how late in april?? we have to make our decision by april 15th and I would like to know more about the school before I have to make a decision. :/

I believe it is the first weekend in April this year (so, well before the 15th) and I would *highly* recommend attending :) It's really a lot of fun and you will get to meet and talk with many of the students. Also, since it is the same weekend as the open house for the community, you'll be able to attend a ton of events and demonstrations led by our clinicians and professors.

Actually, I think they might not be doing that this year. The admins will be in contact, so don't take it from us!

Congratulations to those that interviewed and I hope it went well for all of you and you'll find yourselves looking for places to live in my favorite place, Blacksburg!! :)

To those of us that were placed in "limbo", I'm under the assumption we're rejected, but I think we should be grateful that we weren't outright rejected and therefore don't have a ridiculous mountain climbing battle to improve our apps next year. Just a little uphill hike :)

Onto preparing for the Class of 2016!! :oops:

Anyone else feel nauseous thinking about reading the emails tomorrow? i might not make it until then...:scared::barf::luck:

Hey all other interviewees -
Well, I plan on being seated when reading any emails! That way if I faint, I won't have far to go. Or if I don't get accepted, I can bang my head on my desk and cry! Nothing like a little nail-biting anxiety! Pshew!

I am glad I have you guys to share my pain.... I work 6am-1:30 then class 3-6, so I am debating whether to try and wait it out until after classes are over with.. because I know if I don't get in I'll be a giant miserable puddle with an inability to focus or perform, and if I DO get in, I'll be so ecstatic I won't be able to sit in my desk without bouncing up and down.

Then again - keeping myself from refreshing my email every 2.5 seconds will be next to impossible...

I think regardless, there will be a pit in my stomach the whole day. I already feel like throwing up! ughh :scared:

Fingers crossed all us SDNers are the accepted ones, right? :xf:

I am so nervous. I just found out I don't work tomorrow, so I'll be obsessively checking email all day. Probably not the healthiest past time, but what else can you do?? Good luck to everyone. I hope we all get offers!!:xf:

TOMORROW?!?!?! I thought i had more time to relax!!! ugh, totally going to be nervously checking email every 2 minutes :scared:

:QUOTE: ugh, totally going to be nervously checking email every 2 minutes :QUOTE:

no kidding! I am glad I don't have a test or anything today, I know I'd fail for sure. No ability to focus!

Can't wait to see everyone start posting their good news :) Keep us posted as you guys find out!

Nope, not yet. My group was told that we would be contacted by the end of the week, not today. Although, I sure would love to hear today!!

My group was told "letters" would go out probably today. But she did add that they had been saying Friday just to give themselves some wiggle room. Did everyone else hear email? I was pretty nervous before the MMIs and may have misheard her when she said letters.

My group was told "letters" would go out probably today. But she did add that they had been saying Friday just to give themselves some wiggle room. Did everyone else hear email? I was pretty nervous before the MMIs and may have misheard her when she said letters.

90% sure I heard by one week by email and followed up by snail mail and that was from the head of the admissions department. I have not heard anything yet either. I guess we should expect them between now and friday. :confused: I do not like this wait and im getting so nervous each time i go to check my email.

I'm positive she told my group Tuesday, and by email. Every time my email bings I just about fall out of my seat.

Someone in my group asked when we would be notified and the response was that notifications would "actually go out Tuesday" and that we should make sure they had our correct e-mail addresses so we would get them.

But now the creeping doubts are starting to set in... fingers crossed we all hear soon!

Last year we got emails and got a letter in the mail with the "official" offer or rejection. Take deep breaths everyone and good luck!!

the head of admissions told my group that we would be notified Tuesday via email...I'm 100% sure I heard that.

I thought I heard Tuesday, and by email as well. But nope, haven't heard yet, and it's almost 2pm! Surely 224 almost form emails can't take *too* long to write! Aaggahhhhhh!

I am 100% sure they said Tuesday. I feel like they may be waiting until the end of the day and just sending them out in mass. I could be totally wrong though. Either way the head of admissions told our group Tuesday.

yeah we were told Tuesday by email, Friday was the wiggle-room date. I mean if you think about it, maybe they weren't in on Sunday, and used Monday & today to finalize things and then will send out emails at the end of business today?

That would be my guess. :xf:

Wishing everyone good luck! As a VA resident, I chose not to apply to VMRCVM this year, but if I had and received an interview, I would be off my rocker today. :luck::xf:

Discription of the day:
Nervous panic attack number 1: waiting for my inbox and load and see if I got an e-mail.

Nervous panic attack number 2: waiting for the VMRCVM thread of SDN to load to see if anyone one else already got in and I didn't.

Repeat.

yeah, they are probably in the middle of their final deliberations (i.e. throwing the 200 applications down a long set of stairs, picking up the ones that land facing upward, and if necessary, repeating this process until they get a number sufficient to fill all seats). :poke:

yeah, they are probably in the middle of their final deliberations (i.e. throwing the 200 applications down a long set of stairs, picking up the ones that land facing upward, and if necessary, repeating this process until they get a number sufficient to fill all seats). :poke:

hahahahahahaha :p

Hahahahaha :D

Hey at least they're doing that with the actual applications, instead of the applicants themselves. If someone threw you down a flight of stairs, think you could get up faster than everyone else?? lol

hahah! that might be the next form of interview when the newness of the MMI wears off.