VMRCVM c/o 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing and I am losing my mind! I just want to know!!
I am loosing my mind too! I looked on the status page and looks like they removed the status line, is yours gone too?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them today. REJECTED!! Oh well. 2/3 aint bad. Actually, I do not think my wallet can really handle more than two interviews...I did not really forsee money being an issue.

Reactions: 1 users
Whelp, just got my rejection email. If you haven't received that yet then don't give up hope :)

Members don't see this ad :)
A big womp womp here too...rejection just rolled into my inbox. Congrats to everyone who has received an interview - good luck!! For the rest of us - may we have better luck with any of the other institutions we applied to :)

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them today. REJECTED!! Oh well. 2/3 aint bad. Actually, I do not think my wallet can really handle more than two interviews...I did not really forsee money being an issue.

Ah same here! I've got 3 interviews so far and I will pay to go to more, but at the same time, it's kind of a relief to slow down the money spending a bit haha

Just got rejected. :( OOS. Good luck to everyone with interviews!! I have interviews at Penn, Florida, Iowa, Kansas and Purdue. Hopefully one of those will work out for me.

Just got rejected, OOS. :(

Still waiting to hear from Mississippi and Florida.

I got the email with more info about the interview. I am in Group 4. Anyone else in Group 4? Some of the attachments in the email didn't come out very well, or more like my computer couldn't open them. Anyone else have this issue? The only thing I saw was a photo of what I imagine to be the VMRCVM hospital and a small map, am I missing anything?

I got the email with more info about the interview. I am in Group 4. Anyone else in Group 4? Some of the attachments in the email didn't come out very well, or more like my computer couldn't open them. Anyone else have this issue? The only thing I saw was a photo of what I imagine to be the VMRCVM hospital and a small map, am I missing anything?

I'm in group 4 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be fully awake during the interview. *not a morning person* Hopefully they provide coffee. Haha.

At least we get it over with before everyone else!

I am in group 2. Has anyone who applied for the dual degree heard anything yet?

I got my rejection today, but fortunately I've already been accepted to Michigan.

Rejected... womp womp....:cool:. Best of luck to everyone that got interview invites though!! :thumbup::luck:

Got my rejection letter today via email :penguin: . I'm OOS. Thankfully I have some other interviews so hopefully those pull through.

Congrats to those with interviews!

got my rejection email today too, already been rejected from Ohio, still have to hear from Washington, Florida and Georgia

Got my rejection email today. No fun, but got an interview at Mississippi today as well! You win some you lose some!

I got my rejection today as an IS. :( Very disappointing.

I just randomly got a call from VT saying that if I was okay with my interview date/time being changed.
I initially had it on Sunday and now they'd like me to come on Saturday.
I am traveling from VA anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal for me so I agreed to it.

Just a thought, maybe that means some people canceled/declined the interview offer so they had to move us around?
Maybe that means there's more interview invites on the way...? Just a hopeful thought for all of you who are waiting to hear back.

I just randomly got a call from VT saying that if I was okay with my interview date/time being changed.
I initially had it on Sunday and now they'd like me to come on Saturday.
I am traveling from VA anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal for me so I agreed to it.

Just a thought, maybe that means some people canceled/declined the interview offer so they had to move us around?
Maybe that means there's more interview invites on the way...? Just a hopeful thought for all of you who are waiting to hear back.

I got the same call this morning. I was in group ten and now am in group two. It made me wonder the same thing. I don't really see the benefit of moving us though, but I certainly wasn't going to protest it.

I'm in group 1. Luckily I live less than a mile from the vet school so I can sleep that much more.

Same, I live 10 mins away so I don't mind the early group

Same, I live 10 mins away so I don't mind the early group

You guys are lucky! I'm flying in from Germany to Arizona for an interview there and then straight to Virginia for my interview... I am not counting on getting much sleep unless I'm on an airplane.

Oh, and has anyone received any information on the optional dinner the night before the interviews? They mentioned it in the original email but I don't think they did after that.

It's a nice dinner that isn't required (obviously) but you sit down with a bunch of your fellow interviewees with a current student or faculty member and chat/ask questions. It is a very nice thing for them to do- since I sent to undergrad there, I didn't have a ton of questions, but it was still nice to see and interact with other people there. If you can't make it, though, don't sweat it!

Any one else here who applied to the dual degree program? I just received my interview invite today.

A question about the MMI format, I've read on some websites that because the scenarios are timed it is good idea to wear a watch. But on the other hand, I've heard some cases where looking at your watch during an interview could be the difference between getting in or not. Thoughts?

For people who got interviews, does your status page say anything about it? Or was the file under review taken off too?

A question about the MMI format, I've read on some websites that because the scenarios are timed it is good idea to wear a watch. But on the other hand, I've heard some cases where looking at your watch during an interview could be the difference between getting in or not. Thoughts?
Don't wear a watch. And if you normally wear one, don't time yourself in the scenarios. They time them for you and let you know when time is up. If you aren't "finished" in the time allotted, it isn't a big deal. If you finish up before time is up, also not a big deal. But you would look like a jerk timing yourself.

I am in group 4 as well! with @ntorres and @privera3 ! I guess that is no surprise since there will be about 30 students in each group. I am driving down on Friday, aiming to make it to the dinner (free food!!!).

I am in group 6 on the 19th. I am OOS and driving from an hour west of Philadelphia. Hopefully the weather isnt too bad. Luckily I know what it is like to drive in lake effect weather from going to undergrad at IUP near Pittsburgh.

Congrats to all and keep your heads up to everyone. We have all been through a lot of stress.

Don't wear a watch. And if you normally wear one, don't time yourself in the scenarios. They time them for you and let you know when time is up. If you aren't "finished" in the time allotted, it isn't a big deal. If you finish up before time is up, also not a big deal. But you would look like a jerk timinng yourself.

Omfg yes. If a student kept checking their watch, even if it was a timed format, that would immediately be a black mark in my book. It's disrespectful. You should be paying attention to the questions, not the time.

I just declined my interview because I was accepted at one of my top choices- so hopefully it will open up a slot for someone on the interview wait list. Best of luck to everyone!

I've reserved my spot at the dinner. Has anyone else?

I'm not quite sure what to wear to the dinner. I only have one suit and wearing it the day before interviews (to a meal nonetheless) feels like a recipe for disaster. I wonder if anyone who has experienced it before would be willing to share how formal it is? Wondering if I need to go out and purchase something else to wear...

I'm not quite sure what to wear to the dinner. I only have one suit and wearing it the day before interviews (to a meal nonetheless) feels like a recipe for disaster. I wonder if anyone who has experienced it before would be willing to share how formal it is? Wondering if I need to go out and purchase something else to wear...
I don't have any experience myself but I had the same issue as you, I was already going to wear the same suit for two interviews (I was just going to change the collar shirt underneath) on the same week. I decided I needed a different outfit for the dinner so that I wouldn't get the suit dirty. I ended up buying some navy blue slacks (my interview suit is black), a dressy black shirt, and a cream colored cardigan to wear on top, it is still professional looking (I think) but a little more relaxed. I am, however, wondering what others' experiences were and if girls wore suits or dresses or what the overall dress code was like.

Right now I think I am going to go with a pair of slacks and a button down or nice blouse... we will see if anyone replies to our cries for help!

Sorry y'all-I didn't go to the dinner when I interviewed. My guess would be business casual, not your interview suit.

The dinner was business casual- I wore black slacks and a button up and my suit the next day- some people wore suits to the dinner but as long as you look presentable that's fine

The dinner was business casual- I wore black slacks and a button up and my suit the next day- some people wore suits to the dinner but as long as you look presentable that's fine
Thank you for your responses guys. I think I'll be good with what I have.

I just sent an email declining the interview invite.
Hopefully someone on this thread still waiting to hear back gets it.
Good luck everyone : ]