VMRCVM c/o 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who else here loved the facilities and were impressed with the practical classrooms? I absolutely enjoyed the television screens throughout the rooms for learning purposes. And I loved the separation of the induction room from the surgery suite.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if we're supposed to send fall transcripts to VMCAS or directly to the school?

Anyone know if we're supposed to send fall transcripts to VMCAS or directly to the school?

Send the fall transcripts to VMCAS, not the school.

Link for instructions: https://portal.vmcas.org/vmcasHelpPages/fall-2013-transcripts/

Address:
VMCAS Transcripts
P.O. Box 9126
Watertown, MA 02471

Because it's a P.O. box, you cannot have them rush delivered, so I'd get those transcripts in the mail ASAP!

Edit: The way it works is that VMCAS makes the transcript available online for the schools to check. I haven't heard anything specific from the VMRCVM but if the transcript is received by Feb. 1 at VMCAS it'll be put online for them to view.

Edit 2: Never hurts to call, either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I already sent them in to VMCAS. I was worried it was like western who actually wants it sent to the school for some reason...

Thanks, I already sent them in to VMCAS. I was worried it was like western who actually wants it sent to the school for some reason...
Mkay, I'd still give 'em a call, just in case.

I emailed Joyce Massie a few weeks ago, and she told me to just send the transcript in to VMCAS, not to the school. :D

Officially one week since interviewing. I am anxious for the results!

A lot has happened this week (was in a car accident during Tuesday's snow storm) and the stress build up is awful.

It feels like much longer than a week though! How does everyone feel their interview went?

Definitely could have answered one of the scenarios better, but overall I felt it went pretty well. I'm so anxious! If I hear back positively it would be REALLY hard to decline. The only place I'd consider going above VMRCVM would be Penn but I don't even know if I'm going to be interviewing there yet.

There were 1-2 scenarios that I stumbled around on but also a few scenarios that I think I really nailed not just my answer but my interaction and the confidence/energy I had. I'm hopeful! Good luck to you all.

You know how you think about stuff after the fact... Yeah, well, I pretty much thought about something else I should have said for about 4 or 5 of the scenarios. Not feeling confident at all, unfortunately. Oh well, at least I have the experience of doing an MMI interview, if anything.

I feel decent about most of my rooms I think, but I definitely have been second guessing my responses since interview day! It's so hard not to, especially since you don't get really any feedback from the interviewers! I really hope they send out offers sooner rather than later like they reportedly did last year!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, I agree. There's a few things I wish I would have said but overall felt good about it. I just think that you never know what they are looking for so you can feel really good then get bad news. Maybe it's just the stress that is making me over-think everything :) It's true though, if nothing else at least we got some practice for MMIs!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh I am finding post-interview anxiety to be much worse than pre-interview anxiety. At least prior to I could practice and prepare! Now it's just a waiting game... I am with most of you... Felt like I could have done better on 1-2 but overall I believe I did well. Although I responded to all the scenarios honestly there was one I think I completely missed the point of and didn't realize it until the next day... *facepalm*

From what our student ambassador said they heard back about their acceptance/wait-list two weeks after their interviews. The class before that didn't hear back until a week after they were supposed to! I would hate to be them...

Haha I feel the same way about feeling like I missed the point! But I guess if all of us were honest and ourselves, that's really all we could do. Our student ambassador said the same thing so I really hope we get the two weeks and if we do, it'll be really soon! I can't believe it's already been one week.

I know they said that it is basically just tallying up our scores from each scenario and some statistical work to make sure it is all fair. Does anybody else know what else they are doing during the time period between interviews and admission invites? I wonder if they wait to look at fall grades to make sure nobody blew fall semester off.

You know how you think about stuff after the fact... Yeah, well, I pretty much thought about something else I should have said for about 4 or 5 of the scenarios. Not feeling confident at all, unfortunately. Oh well, at least I have the experience of doing an MMI interview, if anything.

Hope things work out. If you want a good MMI book to help you develop a framework to the MMIs and with practice scenarios take a look at the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) for the Mind prepbook. It's primarily geared towards premed students but effective for prevet students too. Google or search it on Amazon.

Hope things work out. If you want a good MMI book to help you develop a framework to the MMIs and with practice scenarios take a look at the Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) for the Mind prepbook. It's primarily geared towards premed students but effective for prevet students too. Google or search it on Amazon.
Thanks, I have one more interview left and I'm super glad they don't use the MMI format. I felt I did much better with the regular format. If I ever have to go through an MMI interview I will search that book title to help me along.

I know they said that it is basically just tallying up our scores from each scenario and some statistical work to make sure it is all fair. Does anybody else know what else they are doing during the time period between interviews and admission invites? I wonder if they wait to look at fall grades to make sure nobody blew fall semester off.

I'm fortunate in that I've got some other interviews to distract me. Although I'm going to reach a point where all the interviews are done, then I'll be SOL...

I'm fortunate in that I've got some other interviews to distract me. Although I'm going to reach a point where all the interviews are done, then I'll be SOL...

Same, but they aren't until Feb. 8th and Feb. 13th and I'm hoping we'll hear from VMRCVM before then!

Hah yeah, I think it should be within that time frame. I'm on the train home from my Tufts interview. I am beat.

I envy you all. I have nothing other than school to distract me. I just want to know!

Hahaha thank you. Just what I needed. I think I will print it out and take it with me where I go ;):bang:

Hahaha thank you. Just what I needed. I think I will print it out and take it with me where I go ;):bang:

Doubt a two week-long subconscious episode can be achieved, but a man can dream, eh?

Woah! Cool beans. Good job interviewees!
Also, did anyone look at the facebook photos? :)

Dang, I had no clue they had so many applicants! Proud of us :]
And I did look at the Facebook album, I put one of the pictures of me in the anatomy lab looking at the awesome skeletons on my profile haha

I was in the album in a few photos too! It was neat :)

There was a student ambassador taking pictures during my tour, I thought they were going to put them up but they never did. I wish they would have.

I saw three pictures of myself. Two in the anatomy lab and one in the induction/anesthesia lab.

I saw three pictures of myself. Two in the anatomy lab and one in the induction/anesthesia lab.

There was one of me standing at a door reading a prompt. Didn't even know my picture was being taken...

Hah I'm pretty sure I spotted you. I was somehow exempt from the album, too bad the world won't see this stunning beard in high-resolution.

I was REALLY hoping they'd send out letters a little early - in the past they've sent them out a few days/weeks ahead of when they said they would. But I guess since they put up a countdown on the facebook page, they're pretty set on this five pm on Valentines Day thing. Gr.

I was REALLY hoping they'd send out letters a little early - in the past they've sent them out a few days/weeks ahead of when they said they would. But I guess since they put up a countdown on the facebook page, they're pretty set on this five pm on Valentines Day thing. Gr.

Just saw that countdown thing.. I was hoping for an early notification as well :/

Oh my god... The stress! That's just cruel.

I am sure you all will do great. Try not to stress and hang in there. Sorry I have not been on here earlier but if you have any questions or concerns feel free to get a hold of me. I am Daniel / Dan. I am one of the student ambassadors and was at interview weekend. Looking forward to having many of you as classmates.

If I don't get in, since it's valentine's day, do I get consolation chocolate?

Reactions: 3 users
Making or breaking our Valentine's Day.

5pm will be a luxury! We were told by 5pm on a given Friday and I got my acceptance at midnight. I was up and still checking email only because I worked overnights at an ER, and no one else on SDN had heard anything yet either.

I've stressed out about the interview so much that I have convinced myself I will not get in. I pretty much just gave up with being nervous and serious in the middle of it and decided to just have fun with it... thus my answers ended up being super casual and probably not so great. At least this way I will just be super amazed if I get in.

Hello all!
I'm new to this forum but I've been checking regularly to see if anyone has been accepted yet. I am a wv resident who interviewed there three weeks ago. Def feeling the anxiety about the waiting process but I wish good luck to everyone !!!

We should be hearing soon! Next friday will hopefully come fast.

I know they have made it clear emails are going to be sent Friday, but I keep obsessively checking my email hoping they will get them out early.

If I didn't have two exams this week (one on Thursday in vertebrate zoology and one on Friday in microbiology), I would be freaking out a lot more than I am. When I give thought to it, I am pretty worried since I know two friends (both were MD IS) who went through the interview and got rejected (and are somewhere else studying) and have similar personalities to mine. They are great people, great communicators, and will make great vets... VMR just didn't think so lol. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that they think I will... now off SDN and back to studying...