VMRCVM c/o 2018!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am sure we all did well. Only a few more days until we all know. I wish the best of luck to everyone and may you all have good weeks and try not to stress out too much, it will just make the wait longer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Cue the music: "The Final Countdown" by Europe....

This song has been stuck in my head all week. However, searching for the music video led to me finding a SUPERB youtube mix featuring eye of the tiger, girls just wanna have fun, bohemian rhapsody, november rain, and other popular 80's music!! Now to moon walk and safety dance through the kitchen until the stress is all gone...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in! VMRCVM c/0 2018 MD resident!!!! OMG can't stop smiling/screaming/jumping. Can't wait to meet the rest of you!!

I'M IN!!!!! OMG that countdown was killing me, I've been stressed and didn't sleep last night... but then I opened my email and fell off my chair, squealed, laughed, and then cried and now I can't focus on anything anymore hahahahahaha
Maybe this is what drugs feel like...?

Congrats everyone!

Has anyone heard about Waitlist? I have heard anything yet :/

Me tooo!!!! Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe it!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an alternate, I got the email about 45 minutes ago. It says we can request our position on the waitlist until after April 15. Congratulations guys!!!

I'm in!!!!! I've been stalking this form for awhile and finally joined sdn. Definitely started crying when I got the email. I'm MD in state :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got in! Couldn't stop crying for like 15 minutes. I didn't think my reaction would be that intense, but damn is it reassuring :D

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted, VA resident. I feel like I just got punched in the gut...

First post here, been lurking for a while. I just got waitlisted as a VA resident. Anyone have any idea how many IS people normally decline? I can't help but think it isn't more than 2 or 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
It'll be ok Tigra, hang in there!

I forgot to mention I'm OOS.

Accoeted, IS. Very excited to meet you guys!

Alternate VA resident also :\ But congrats to all you guys who were accepted!

Don't worry waitlist-ee's I know many DVMs that were waitlisted, some of whom were contacted days-weeks before the beginning of the semester!

Congratulations to everyone who got in! Very excited to have you at the school in the fall!! If you have any questions or want to get to know a current student feel free to get a hold of me! FB stalk etc.

To the waitlisters, hang in there!! I have many classmates who got in off the wait list, so there is still hope.

Enjoy the moment everyone, I can honestly say it was one of the best of my life. Proud of all of you!

Got in! Sooooo who's gonna make the VMRCVM facebook page so we can start meeting everyone!??!?!?!

Sucks that my IS accepts so many OOS and shares slots between 2 (technically 3 I guess) states. Seems like Tech is one of the worst IS schools from a statistical standpoint. Sigh, I feel like complete crapola. Grats to all who did get in, hopefully I'll see you all one day. Maybe by some miracle all the virginia residents will decide they don't want to go, lol...

Congrats to everyone who got in! For those of you who haven't even heard at all yet - don't panic. =) E-mails were still going out 1-2-3 days after we were told we'd hear back when my class rolled around. It's also Snowpocalypse up in here right now, and power outages are a complete possibility.

If you guys need to gush or pester or complain or chat to a current student, feel free to drop me a line! I'm a 2nd year, I'm a dual-degree DVM/MPH (if you're interested), and I'm a public corporate tracker (if you're interested in that too), but also an adamant Hokie who's lived in Blacksburg for the past 6.5 years so if you want any advice on anything - hit me up. =)

Good luck to everyone still waiting for that e-mail!

How many of you who were accepted today know you'll be starting at VMRCVM in the fall? I'm one and just wanted to start getting to know some classmates :)

How many of you who were accepted today know you'll be starting at VMRCVM in the fall? I'm one and just wanted to start getting to know some classmates :)
I actually already paid my deposit.. am I the only one?

I actually already paid my deposit.. am I the only one?
I tried to submit my deposit but the only form available was the supplemental application from the link she provided. Did you pay through that?

Never mind. I figured it out :)

Last edited:
I am probably going - MD IS! Interested in equine and farm/food animal. Wavering a little bit between VMR and Mizzou, but the price difference will probably be the deciding factor. Both schools are awesome in their own ways.

Anyone else thinking of equine/food animal track?

MD IS alternate. Odds are that I'm going to end up at Royal Veterinary College in the UK, so while I'm disappointed, I guess it isn't the end of the world...

Congrats to everyone that got in!

I am probably going - MD IS! Interested in equine and farm/food animal. Wavering a little bit between VMR and Mizzou, but the price difference will probably be the deciding factor. Both schools are awesome in their own ways.

Anyone else thinking of equine/food animal track?

I want to do food animal and I'm struggling between VMRCVM and Mizzou also!!!! It's so hard!! Not complaining though, glad I have options :D

Anyone else feeling like getting an acceptance into vet school is some sort of game we all have to play? Waitlisted and got to #3 last year, was told in my file review that I "was very personable but seemed nervous" so I went in this year and I KNOW I portrayed myself as a confident, mature person... had quick, thoughtful answers, cracked a few jokes and felt great walking out of the interview. Yet waitlisted again. Congrats to everyone accepted. I haven't given up hope, just getting frustrated with the entire process at VMRCVM.

Congrats everyone! Can't believe they let y'all know so soon!
I'm a mixed tracker- FA/SA. I'm available to answer questions about the food animal courses or anything else.
Waitlisters-don't lose hope. Some of the best in my class were waitlisted for our class but ended up getting in, or had to apply more than once. You've still got plenty of time.

WAHOO I GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL TODAY! should we create a FB group or do you think VMRCVM will make one for us?

Is there somewhere to buy a vet med sweatshirt or something? :)

I'm IS and got accepted and absolutely going to VMRCVM in the fall!!! I'm gonna track in small animals I think! I really want to start a Facebook group so we can all start talking (and start finding roommates!) but I'm not sure I should lol

Is there somewhere to buy a vet med sweatshirt or something? :)

You can buy t-shirts, car decals, or hats online from the bookstore, but the clubs sell all the fun stuff. =) I think historically Prospective Students Day has been held the same weekend as Open House, in which case you can stop by the school to check out the club apparel.

I will definitely be attending... Now for the next big endeavor... roommates anyone?

My head hurts so bad... I got so many drinks from people last night... I just wanted to play a harmless game of trivia, but apparently there was a conspiracy to get me drunk and celebrate.

As nice as that was... ouch. Not a huge fan of getting drunk.
Also, thanks for the facebook group!

Heh I'm with you...I'm not exactly one to drink. A grad student in my lab took me out for a drink, then I went back to work for five hours. What a way to celebrate!

I'm a MD resident, got the email that I'm an alternate...I feel pretty discouraged and don't want to get my hopes up. I have no idea how many people are on the alternate list or how the whole process goes. But, congrats to all those who got accepted.

Join the FB group! Open to current students, accepted and wait listed students ( as well as whoever the heck wants to join). We are up to a grand total of 16 haha

Any accepted IS thinking they'll turn down their offer? ;)
Just feeling bummed about being waitlisted at my IS since I get the impression those lists don't tend to move a whole lot. It's not my fav program, but would love to have that cheaper option available to me.

Congrats to everyone who got in! For those of you who haven't even heard at all yet - don't panic. =) E-mails were still going out 1-2-3 days after we were told we'd hear back when my class rolled around. It's also Snowpocalypse up in here right now, and power outages are a complete possibility.

If you guys need to gush or pester or complain or chat to a current student, feel free to drop me a line! I'm a 2nd year, I'm a dual-degree DVM/MPH (if you're interested), and I'm a public corporate tracker (if you're interested in that too), but also an adamant Hokie who's lived in Blacksburg for the past 6.5 years so if you want any advice on anything - hit me up. =)

Good luck to everyone still waiting for that e-mail!

Hey! So I was just accepted, my first year applying and I have only been to VMRCVM once for the interviews... also don't know anyone who has gone to VT :/ any suggestions on where to start looking for affordable but not scary 1-bdroom apartments? Thanks!