VMRCVM c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who paid their deposit received any emails or anything (besides the one about setting up your PID)? They said they would be in contact "shortly" and I just want to be sure I haven't missed anything because I haven't gotten any emails or anything!

Members don't see this ad.

I have paid my deposit but I haven't received any e-mails about registration yet! I was told that I would be contacted yesterday. I think I might go ahead and send an e-mail to the DVM admissions coordinator. Registration is so close so I was a little worried.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any alternates heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
nope! are we allowed to phone? or just emailing is allowed?

I read the email and it says by email, I emailed them but no response :(

I emailed them using that email early yesterday morning and have yet to get a response

Yeah I'm #8 on the MD list. Probably not a good sign

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed both dvmadmit and Dr. Pelzer yesterday and have yet to hear anything...hope that isn't a bad sign :unsure:

I emailed dvmadmit yesterday and have yet to hear as well :(

I emailed dvmadmit on the 15th and Dr. Pelzer yesterday and haven't heard anything :shrug:

I just found out I am number 10 on the out of state waitlist. Does anyone have any idea about how far down the OOS list they have gone in previous years?

number 44 on the waitlist for OOS. what are my chances?

I asked Joyce via email and she told me that there's 47 OOS alternates on the OOS list and that the movement varies from year to year. I have a small feeling she just won't answer that question directly lol

Has anyone who paid their deposit received any emails or anything (besides the one about setting up your PID)? They said they would be in contact "shortly" and I just want to be sure I haven't missed anything because I haven't gotten any emails or anything!

I got an email this afternoon saying that I had been added to the CVM Class of 2019 Scholar Site. It was sent to my VT email. There isn't anything posted on the scholar site yet. I imagine that we won't hear anything until they have a complete class roster.

I saw from last year's thread that when the site starts working that means the class is full. For those with acceptance, do you mind keeping us updated when that does happen?

The scholar site is working for me. However, there are no announcements for this year. The calendar has nothing scheduled. The resources (presentations, handouts, etc) are from previous classes.

They just tweeted that the class was full today.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how far down they went on the VA in-state alternate list?

Has anyone thought about what clubs they want to join? I was thinking about Food Animal Practitioners Club, Omega Tau Sigma, Pathology Club, and SCVECCS, and maybe Companion Animal Club. I'm a kinesthetic learner, so the chance at wet labs and rounds is really appealing to me.

SCVECCS 150% yes, surgery, pathology, maybe a frat. Can't wait!!!

Registration for class! What electives are you guys taking? I signed up for Animal Domestication and Diseases of Poultry. Not sure if I'm going to sign up for Descriptive Embryology.

Embryo is a super easy credit and taught by Dr. Bonnie (who's the best). I definitely recommend it. Plus I found it helpful for some things we learned this semester.

I'm signed up for all three, hopefully it's not too much!

Probably both Animal Domestication and Descriptive Embryology! Kinda worried about taking 10 classes at the same time. The most I took in undergrad was 4, and that was with the quarter system (not semester). I don't even see how taking 10 classes in a semester is possible.

Hold me. :-(

Maybe I'll do all three... I'm just worried it will be too much for first semester and I'll be totally overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure Diseases of Poultry is only offered every other Fall, so I want to take it while it's offered. Decisions...

I also read on the c/o 2019 Facebook page that the classes aren't all on a set schedule. Like, if you have Phys lecture Monday at 8 am, it could change the following week to another day/time, and you have to keep up with it all on a website that isn't Hokie Spa or Scholar or Blackboard. Apparently there are 4 different websites that you need to keep up with, and they all have different passwords. Ack!

has anyone given up a seat yet? i was wondering if anyone got off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Been wondering the same thing lol- are you IS or OOS

i just cant believe no one will get off the list this year?

I'm IS-MD. Have you asked Joyce if it has moved anymore?

Has anyone thought about what clubs they want to join? I was thinking about Food Animal Practitioners Club, Omega Tau Sigma, Pathology Club, and SCVECCS, and maybe Companion Animal Club. I'm a kinesthetic learner, so the chance at wet labs and rounds is really appealing to me.

If you join Path and sign up for call, you'll probably get to shadow me at some point. Which, you know, is totally reason enough to join :cool:.

Is anyone still looking for housing?

My landlords (super, SUPER nice couple who own a small business in town) are looking to rent out a small (one level) house in the Merrimac area, right between Bburg and Cburg. Quiet area mostly populated by older couples - just enough to be out in the "country" but about 10 min from campus. Very close to the Huckleberry trail. It's around the same size as the house we rent from them and the rate is very reasonable. They are also very pet friendly and the pet deposit was much lower than any other place I came across, especially for multiple animals (we have a dog, cat, snake, and rabbit). PM me if you are interested or know anyone who is.

Hi! I am an accepted Class of 2020 student who has a few questions for any current students:
1) What is the dress code like?
2) Can anyone tell me how large the equine caseload is the school sees each year?
3) How do you feel about the area of Blacksburg?
4) Is there any required technology like a specific laptop or iPad?
5) How about books - are books typically required/beneficial in your courses each semester?
6) What are your favorite and least favorite things about the VMRCVM program?
Sorry I've just been compiling random questions in my head these past couple weeks! I'll really appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond :)!