PhD/PsyD Vocational Differences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pointingbeggar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I desire to be involved in a psychiatric/counseling system in a vocation. I am curious for any advice for how to understand if I should pursue med school or should just pursue a PsyD/PhD. I am not sure of the pro's/con's of each. From any with experience in the field, what would you advise? Besides pay, what does the degree decipher in job differences? I know some institutions are allowing counselors to provide medicine after receiving a psychopharmacology degree.

I am new to this so please be patient and explain even the "obvious." Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you seriously asking us to do your 'homework' for you? By the last presidential debate, you can see it doesn't fare well to ask others for answers while not doing your own research first (you could risk coming off as a clown... #sorrynotsorry to bring up politics).

I would recommend searching and reading through old threads. The questions you asked have all been answered, so it is your task to see what information here on SDN you find relevant to your goals.

...Then, come back and ask novel questions that are pertinent to your situation, and I'm sure others will enjoy chiming in with feedback.

Reactions: 1 user