Voiding question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sxogriff820

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone voids their mcat score does their score get factored into determining the overall scale for that test?

Members don't see this ad.

If someone voids their mcat score does their score get factored into determining the overall scale for that test?

I really doubt it. I voided mine today and didn't think they would do that. Also for a heads up they now say "since you have voided, a trial section is not available" or something. So they give some type of confirmation.

The test you see on test day will already have a scale assigned to it. It does not matter how many people void it, bomb it on purpose, or score astronomically high because the scale is set. Those instances may affect some piece of the pie when the AAMC determines the scale for future tests, but there is no retroactive scale-changing. It's not a curved test (where as your success increases as that of others decreases) but a scaled one. 2 different things. Everyone who takes the same test is held to the same scale.

Reactions: 1 user
The scale was already made. It doesn't matter how well or badly anyone did today. The scale is fixed.

Reactions: 1 user