Volunteering/Extracurriculars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slickdaddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MS4, will be applying to Rad Onc in the 2015-2016 cycle after getting a masters this year and doing more research. How much time should I spend doing community service type of stuff this year or how much do most rad onc applicants have? Haven't done many ECs in med school up to this point. Did well on step1/2 and have decent grades/research. Anything else you guys recommend to have a good chance at top programs or can I just have fun with my last two years before residency?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
MS4, will be applying to Rad Onc in the 2015-2016 cycle after getting a masters this year and doing more research. How much time should I spend doing community service type of stuff this year or how much do most rad onc applicants have? Spent all my free time going out with buddies and vacations so haven't done many ECs in med school up to this point. Step 1 and 2 were both ~270+, got Jr. AOA, honored just about everything years 1-3, and have ~10 rad onc pubs/abstracts. Anything else you guys recommend to have a good chance at top programs or can I just have fun with my last two years before residency?

Thanks!

I wish I had your problems

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MS4, will be applying to Rad Onc in the 2015-2016 cycle after getting a masters this year and doing more research. How much time should I spend doing community service type of stuff this year or how much do most rad onc applicants have? Spent all my free time going out with buddies and vacations so haven't done many ECs in med school up to this point. Step 1 and 2 were both ~270+, got Jr. AOA, honored just about everything years 1-3, and have ~10 rad onc pubs/abstracts. Anything else you guys recommend to have a good chance at top programs or can I just have fun with my last two years before residency?

Thanks!

Dude, you're set... Unless you're a serial killer!

Man, in plain English you are asking if your thousand dollar bills are crisp enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we start a media campaign to question how I got into Harvard, too? Still scratching my head about how I got accepted & demand answers! #humblebrag

Seriously, you're in. Congrats on your achievements. I'd put down the megaphone re: vacas with buddies, while other med students were clocking in at the Golden Humanism Society.

Man, in plain English you are asking if your thousand dollar bills are crisp enough.

Can we start a media campaign to question how I got into Harvard, too? Still scratching my head about how I got accepted & demand answers! #humblebrag

Seriously, you're in. Congrats on your achievements. I'd put down the megaphone re: vacas with buddies, while other med students were clocking in at the Golden Humanism Society.

Didn't mean to come off like that, sorry guys. Edited the original post to be less lame.

Didn't mean to come off like that, sorry guys. Edited the original post to be less lame.

No need to apologies. The way people talk you would think you need absolute perfection for an interview. You asked an honest question. I wasn't trying to mock you or say you were out of line. Sorry if I came off harsh. Meant to make you laugh. Good luck :)