Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This excuse leaves me speechless

Don't take it seriously? Wow!

Thats not an excuse. McCain is a public official and not immune to public scrutiny by anyone, especially when he criticizes someone else in an open forum. I wouldn't have said it, but I'm not going to get feaux outraged either.

Who did you vote for an 08?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thats not an excuse. McCain is a public official and not immune to public scrutiny by anyone, especially when he criticizes someone else in an open forum. I wouldn't have said it, but I'm not going to get feaux outraged either.

Who did you vote for an 08?

You and Trump are missing the point which is why I am super shocked. It is not about McCain. It is about the other crippled or dead POWs with PTSD and their families who have to listen to that. I am pretty sure they take a comment like that seriously, but I guess their feelings are just collateral damage.

You guys are getting a short high from that type of careless talk, but I guarantee you, nominating a guy like that is like playing with fire.

You and Trump are missing the point which is why I am super shocked. It is not about McCain. It is about the other crippled or dead POWs with PTSD and their families who have to listen to that. I am pretty sure they take a comment like that seriously, but I guess their feelings are just collateral damage.

You guys are getting a short high from that type of careless talk, but I guarantee you, nominating a guy like that is like playing with fire.

He speaks off the cuff, doesn't use a teleprompter, and he's genuine.

McCain is a loser.

A lot of Republicans are pissed that McCain lost to Obama, and hold him partly to blame for Obama's destruction of the United States.

McCain is a loser.

A lot of Republicans are pissed that McCain lost to Obama, and hold him partly to blame for Obama's destruction of the United States.
"McCain is a loser" on Memorial Day. Wow, you really have nothing sacred.

No, my friend, you are the loser, and the waste of his heroism.

P.S., phony liberal outrage is partly to blame for the rise of Donald Trump.

You keep going with the B.S. and you'll find Trump getting more and more support.

McCain is a loser.

If Trump loses
Trump will beat Hillary in a landslide.

Sure, especially since Utah, Georgia, and maybe Texas have recently become swing states.

You like a lot of critics are using superlative language, like "super shocked", in part to compensate for a hollow point. Yeah, I'm sure coal miners in the high risk occupation didn't appreciate Hillary saying she would put them out of business either. But wait! She offered a hollow, insincere, sociopathic excuse for it- "what I was really saying was......". Trump was responding to McCain calling his supporters "crazies". When you have families that have seen loved ones murdered by illegal immigrants who are strong supporters of his agenda and ideas, how do you think that makes them feel?

Yeah- your reasoning goes both ways, bud.

Btw, the millitary supports Trump 2:1 over Hillary. I'll let them speak for themselves and not you on the sidelines speaking for them.

Members don't see this ad :)
You like a lot of critics are using superlative language, like "super shocked", in part to compensate for a hollow point. Yeah, I'm sure coal miners in the high risk occupation didn't appreciate Hillary saying she would put them out of business either. But wait! She offered a hollow, insincere, sociopathic excuse for it- "what I was really saying was......". Trump was responding to McCain calling his supporters "crazies". When you have families that have seen loved ones murdered by illegal immigrants who are strong supporters of his agenda and ideas, how do you think that makes them feel?

Yeah- your reasoning goes both ways, bud.

Btw, the millitary supports Trump 2:1 over Hillary. I'll let them speak for themselves and not you on the sidelines speaking for them.

And you know I am not in the military how again?

Not sure I get your logic. So because Hillary said something about coal miners, and Trump is fighting against illegal immigration, an offensive comment against POWs is okay?

And you know I am not in the military how again?

Not sure I get your logic. So because Hillary said something about coal miners, and Trump is fighting against illegal immigration, an offensive comment against POWs is okay?

I didn't say you weren't. I am saying you don't speak through a microphone for the millitary, who clearly supports him more than Hillary. Let me guess- that offended you?

And "offensive" is a subjective term. You can say what Trump said was offensive to the millitary, and I can say McCain bashing Trump supporters is offensive to those who have seen loved ones hurt or even killed by illegal immigrants. It's a perception.

For the record, I am offended by neither of the comments. But I do think McCain is a lameduck on immigration.

Oh my gosh. First, "Pocahontas" is racist. Now, a simple tweet to say you are commemorating a Hispanic holiday is racist. Can't you see? People are tired of this stuff. You can't do or say anything without someone trying to turn it racist, sexist, or xenophobic.

And until you can use that same excuse for money laundering, cronyism, and coercion, no, you can't use that excuse for Hillary.

Now the word 'racist' is dirty and can't even be used? Wonder Twin's power activate, form of: Ignatius J's HYPERBOLE! I had an example of Trump's poor PR advice (or his inability to listen to good advice), which was our discussion, and you want to scream: He can't do anything without it being racist, sexist, or xenophobic! My poor candidate only speaks honestly and off the cuff, and you just want to persecute him! Woe is him/me!
When you incorrectly categorize a group of people on a Hispanic holiday, especially when said candidate has a history of overly insensitive remarks, it is (as I said), at worst, racist, and at best, overly culturally insensitive. People are tired of the man saying 'off the cuff' stuff like 'Mexico sends criminals' and (while eating not Hispanic or Mexican food) 'I love Hispanics!' Perception, especially in politics, is reality.
If you don't want someone to "turn it racist, sexist, or xenophobic," then choose your words more carefully and show that you care about Mexicans, women, veterans, etc.
I wanted to see if you would give a different candidate the same break you give your candidate. Wasn't originally my excuse. It was your excuse that you so 'off the cuff' applied to justify his poor listening skills to the superb consultants he surrounds himself with. Or does that only start when he appoints the cabinet?

Now the word 'racist' is dirty and can't even be used? Wonder Twin's power activate, form of: Ignatius J's HYPERBOLE! I had an example of Trump's poor PR advice (or his inability to listen to good advice), which was our discussion, and you want to scream: He can't do anything without it being racist, sexist, or xenophobic! My poor candidate only speaks honestly and off the cuff, and you just want to persecute him! Woe is him/me!
When you incorrectly categorize a group of people on a Hispanic holiday, especially when said candidate has a history of overly insensitive remarks, it is (as I said), at worst, racist, and at best, overly culturally insensitive. People are tired of the man saying 'off the cuff' stuff like 'Mexico sends criminals' and (while eating not Hispanic or Mexican food) 'I love Hispanics!' Perception, especially in politics, is reality.
If you don't want someone to "turn it racist, sexist, or xenophobic," then choose your words more carefully and show that you care about Mexicans, women, veterans, etc.
I wanted to see if you would give a different candidate the same break you give your candidate. Wasn't originally my excuse. It was your excuse that you so 'off the cuff' applied to justify his poor listening skills to the superb consultants he surrounds himself with. Or does that only start when he appoints the cabinet?

I may not know for certain if you are in the millitary, but I do know for certain that you don't live in Texas. Go to any restaurant and you will see far more "racist" stuff than an old white dude pandering to Hispanics for their vote.

McCain is a loser.

How do we know that chfo is not actually Donald Trump?? You guys sound an awful lot alike.

I can actually picture Trump coming across the SDN one night, making an account, and then responding to every negative post about him. :laugh:

I may not know for certain if you are in the millitary, but I do know for certain that you don't live in Texas. Go to any restaurant and you will see far more "racist" stuff than an old white dude pandering to Hispanics for their vote.

I am in the military, though I don't see how that has any bearing on anything we are discussing.

I fail to see how because many parts of this country are very racist that excuses his behavior. Do you really hear your own justification for his actions and words?

Does that Texan racism also justify either his inability to listen to counsel or the lack of smart advisers he surrounds himself, like you assure me he does and will do? You've conveniently failed to respond to that after this example. You seem more interested about pointing out racism in Texas while at the same time noting that people are tired of pointing out racism.

Can you guys hold on a minute while I go get my popcorn outta the micro. . . .

OK, resume. :corny:

I am in the military, though I don't see how that has any bearing on anything we are discussing.

I fail to see how because many parts of this country are very racist that excuses his behavior. Do you really hear your own justification for his actions and words?

Does that Texan racism also justify either his inability to listen to counsel or the lack of smart advisers he surrounds himself, like you assure me he does and will do? You've conveniently failed to respond to that after this example. You seem more interested about pointing out racism in Texas while at the same time noting that people are tired of pointing out racism.

No, because it isn't racism. When I as a non-Mexican go to a Mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo, I am not racist.

Like it or not, you are not the dictator of what is and isn't racist. And by the way, the ignorant one here is you because being Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality. There are Hispanics and Mexicans of all different sizes, shapes, and colors. Just like America.

How do we know that chfo is not actually Donald Trump?? You guys sound an awful lot alike.

I can actually picture Trump coming across the SDN one night, making an account, and then responding to every negative post about him. :laugh:

If so, he must have been preparing for the past 6 years...

You and your Hillary supporters fail to realize just how racist your liberal policies have been, in negatively affecting blacks, previously holding certain Asian populations in detention camps in the past, flip flopping on all sorts of social and economic plans. If not for the unintended consequences of Nixon and Kennedy, the Democrats would still be losing minority votes left and right. Free MLK Jr and all of a sudden all the negative crap done in the past is washed away. They didn't care about MLK Jr until they realized it would help him gain black votes.

The Democrats have been screwing minorities for the longest time and nobody cares to acknowledge it. The Republicans of modern day have been stupid, and they need to expand along the bases.

pjcpYny.png

Now if only he was being hyperbolic when talking about a Great Wall or deporting 11 million people

Was the following quote hyperbolic? Does anyone in the pro-Trump camp even care that illegal immigrants are criminals at about the same rate as the general population? Nahhh, peddling cool, rational thinking just doesn't get as many votes at xenophobic fear mongering

d7SLLzM.png

Xvci6Sk.png

Last edited:
Now if only he was being hyperbolic when talking about a Great Wall or deporting 11 million people

Was the following quote hyperbolic? Does anyone in the pro-Trump camp even care that illegal immigrants are criminals at about the same rate as the general population? Nahhh, peddling cool, rational thinking just doesn't get as many votes at xenophobic fear mongering

d7SLLzM.png

Xvci6Sk.png

You do realize we have already been deporting several tens of thousands of illegals right?

I didn't say you weren't. I am saying you don't speak through a microphone for the millitary, who clearly supports him more than Hillary. Let me guess- that offended you?

And "offensive" is a subjective term. You can say what Trump said was offensive to the millitary, and I can say McCain bashing Trump supporters is offensive to those who have seen loved ones hurt or even killed by illegal immigrants. It's a perception.

For the record, I am offended by neither of the comments. But I do think McCain is a lameduck on immigration.
He's working from an old map.

The poor sap doesn't even realize Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York, and California are in play.

California
He's working from an old map.

The poor sap doesn't even realize Pennsylvania, Michigan, New York, and California are in play.

Feeding the stereotype that Trump supporters live in a bubble enveloped by a fraud.Old map? Here are RECENT polls from the states you speak of

Georgia
Trump +1, margin of error 4.1
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/poll-georgians-largely-undecided-about-presidential-race/265867522

Looks like a swing to me
------------------------------------
Arizona
Trump +2, Margin of error 3.3
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_AZ_51716.pdf

Looks like swing to me
Btw he is loosing to Bernie here
--------------------------------------
  • FLORIDA: Clinton 43 - Trump 42; Sanders 44 - Trump 42
  • OHIO: Clinton 39 - Trump 43; Sanders 43 - Trump 41
  • PENNSYLVANIA: Clinton 43 - Trump 42; Sanders 47 - Trump 41
https://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/...ing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=2345

PA has and always will be in play every cycle.
------------------------------------
NewYork
Clinton +25
https://www.siena.edu/assets/files/news/SNY_May_2016_Poll_Release_7149_--_FINAL.pdf

In play?
-------------------------------------
California
Clinton +14
http://abc7.com/politics/poll-ca-vo...-for-donald-trump-vs-hillary-clinton/1318792/

In Play?
--------------------------------------
North Carolina
Trump +4, Margin of error 4

https://www.nccivitas.org/2016/trump-leads-hilary-in-new-civitas-poll/
---------------------------------------
Utah

Clinton+2
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-for-a-Democrat-for-president-over-Trump.html

At no point in ANY cycle in ANY poll should you have a democrat leading in Utah.
----------------------------------------

Texas
Trump+2
http://www.texaslyceum.org/Resources/Documents/TEXAS LYCEUM POLL/2015 Texas Lyceum Poll Results.pdf

This is another NEVER should happen type of poll.

Note, I said maybe Texas because this poll was taken in September (before the assault on the Bush family and Cruz, so who knows if his numbers are better or worse).
----------------------------------------

I understand you Trumpets are high off the snake oil the Donald sold you, but at some point you have to engage reality.

Btw, when Clinton wins the nomination and is cleared by the FBI (I will love to be wrong but lets keep it real, this mischievous administration will never charge her), her numbers will grow larger. She was going to loose to ANYONE in the GOP field except the ONE guy who managed to land the nomination. All this is while hoping Bill Kristols announcement about an independent candidate is not true, because that will be lights out, bend over! Strong work guys!

Last edited:

Was the following quote hyperbolic? Does anyone in the pro-Trump camp even care that illegal immigrants are criminals at about the same rate as the general population? Nahhh, peddling cool, rational thinking just doesn't get as many votes at xenophobic fear

So you think you should reward people who break the law?

They broke the law. They shouldn't even be in this country if Obama had been doing his job in enforcing the law.

Who'd a thunk it! Actually enforcing the law!

Now it makes sense why crooked Hillary supporters think she shouldn't be held accountable for racketeering, bribery, obstruction of justice, espionage, perjury...

Btw, when Clinton wins the nomination and is cleared by the FBI (I will love to be wrong but lets keep it real, this mischievous administration will never charge her), her numbers will grow larger. She was going to loose to ANYONE in the GOP field except the ONE guy who managed to land the nomination. Strong work guys!

Like how all the polls were wrong about trump for the primary? Hilarious!

Yet, law and common sense makes YOU think you can get away with racketeering, bribery, obstruction of justice, public corruption, espionage, perjury.

I still find it hilarious to see you guys grasping at straws to accuse Trump of racism because he ate a taco bowl on Cinco de Mayo.

Like how all the polls were wrong about trump for the primary? Hilarious!

Yet, law and common sense makes YOU think you can get away with racketeering, bribery, obstruction of justice, public corruption, espionage, perjury.

If you believe polls, then you should be a bit worried. I just showed you the polls in some dependable red states which don't look good for the Donald.

If you believe polls, then you should be a bit worried. I just showed you the polls in some dependable red states which don't look good for the Donald.

A lot of polls were indeed wrong, that was my point. :laugh:

Here's a little wake up call to you leftists about who the real racists are:

A lot of polls were indeed wrong, that was my point. :laugh:

Where have you been? He was leading in MOST polls all the way. Only one poll was wrong and it was the Iowa poll which showed him winning but he lost, so I am not sure you are helping your argument.

Here's a little wake up call to you leftists about who the real racists are:

In case you leftists don't understand, the real racists are the ones who say you're only black if you are still on the plantation of the Democrat National Committee.

qweqwreqwr-meme-generator-we-approve-and-condone-racism-against-blacks-who-escape-the-democratic-party-plantation-ea8897.jpg

3e86d361b85ab2544d8ac864714f1add.jpg

Where have you been? He was leading in MOST polls all the way. Only one poll was wrong and it was the Iowa poll which showed him winning but he lost, so I am not sure you are helping your argument.

Funny, Nate Silver claimed Trump had basically 0% chance of getting the nomination based on the polls...

This Mexican-American is apparently a racist for wanting to stop ILLEGAL immigration and wanting a wall too...

zDll7z.jpg

Here's also a perfect illustration of how WALLS are racist:

OS1djU.png

No, because it isn't racism. When I as a non-Mexican go to a Mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo, I am not racist.

Like it or not, you are not the dictator of what is and isn't racist. And by the way, the ignorant one here is you because being Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality. There are Hispanics and Mexicans of all different sizes, shapes, and colors. Just like America.

Are you just obtuse? Or this is almost troll-level antics? You honestly understood any of my comments to think that eating in a Mexican restaurant was racist? I worry for your reading comprehension.
When a large portion of social media blasts him for his post, I'd say the general populace gets to decide what is offensive and/or racist.
On a day celebrating the Mexican army's defeat of the French he ate a non-Mexican food and said "I love Hispanics" - yeah mislabeling a race (Hispanics) when he meant a country (Mexico) sounds racist to me. But we can use culturally insensitive or bigoted if the term racist scares you. Please excuse my wording.

The original discussion from that point was about Trump's inability to listen to advisers/surround himself with smart counsel, but please continue to ignore your earlier point.

You and your Hillary supporters fail to realize just how racist your liberal policies have been, in negatively affecting blacks, previously holding certain Asian populations in detention camps in the past, flip flopping on all sorts of social and economic plans. If not for the unintended consequences of Nixon and Kennedy, the Democrats would still be losing minority votes left and right. Free MLK Jr and all of a sudden all the negative crap done in the past is washed away. They didn't care about MLK Jr until they realized it would help him gain black votes.

The Democrats have been screwing minorities for the longest time and nobody cares to acknowledge it. The Republicans of modern day have been stupid, and they need to expand along the bases.

Well done framing an argument against a position that wasn't being taken. I don't think I have ever said anything pro-Hillary. Maybe in comparison to Trump, but in my eyes that's a pretty low bar to jump over. I have been anti-Trump as I try to point out his inconsistencies, general ridiculousness, and sexist/xenophobic/bigoted remarks.

I have been anti-Trump as I try to point out his inconsistencies, general ridiculousness, and sexist/xenophobic/bigoted remarks.

Can I point out YOUR racism, xenophobia, and bigoted opinions?

You think that Trump's statement that ILLEGAL immigrants should be deported is racist, which implies that YOU are actually the racist for equating ILLEGAL immigrant with Mexican.

You think that saying "I love Hispanics" is racist against Mexicans, even though Mexican is a nationality, and Hispanic is actually a race.

You think that criticizing women using the same speech that people use to criticize MEN is sexist.

You think that Hillary's "VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I'M A WOMAN" speech is NOT sexist, even though it is ENTIRELY sexist.

You, sir, are the bigot.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is some more sexism from crooked Hillary:

ba6a01462188b6cf10a9bab870a3dae3.jpg

e2c7c09c78d61a9701b440bc45e0018e.jpg

And when the Unites States loses 4 men in Benghazi, Hillary says that we didn't lose anyone!

S41Ogv.jpg

Or is Hillary clueless and she doesn't understand that Benghazi is in Libya?

Remember when crooked Hillary engaged in sexist attacks against her husband's sexual assault victims?

"BIMBO ERUPTIONS"

IV7hKJr.png

You do realize we have already been deporting several tens of thousands of illegals right?

So you think you should reward people who break the law?

They broke the law. They shouldn't even be in this country if Obama had been doing his job in enforcing the law.

Trump supporters are so rabid they can't even get on the same page. Has Obama been mass deporting or giving illegals a free pass? Turns out, when you're actually forced to have a nuanced, researched view on the matter, the answer isn't so simple.

Should people who come here illegally be rewarded in the form of blanket amnesty? No. Is immediately deporting 11 million people who are otherwise law-abiding (and in the process breaking up hundreds of thousands of families while hurting local economies) something to be considered reasonable, moral, or even feasible? No.

Solutions to complex problems don't come in the form of bigoted, idiotic, compromise-free one liners about rapists, yuge walls that mexico will pay for, mass deportation, and a love for taco salads.

Status
Not open for further replies.