Vote for President

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vote for President

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 150 52.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 138 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the question I asked about why Mrs Clinton's personal e mails to her daughter is news and/or some evidence of a crime has not been answered so again what is the news/ evidence of a crime. It is not a crime to own your own server. It is not a crime to use it for your own email. So the issue with these emails is?

Members don't see this ad.

Like again what difference does this make? Was the server illegal?

Yes. The server was illegal. That has been made quite clear by federal laws. Whether it is a prosecutable crime you need to show intent as Director Comey said (when he also said that no reasonable person would establish) which as members of the House committee said, is a convenient "out" for Hillary and is difficult to prove. Common sense tells us after lie after lie after lie has been exposed, that Hillary established this server to intentionally hide conflicts of interest while Secretary of State. This isn't hard to understand. And it's even scarier that smart, educated people just plug their ears, cover their eyes, and scream "lalalalalala" over a piece of crud crony capitalist trying to be the Leader of the Free World.

Okay let's try again what does her personal communication with her family have to do with the email problem? What makes these communications newsworthy?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. The server was illegal. That has been made quite clear by federal laws. Whether it is a prosecutable crime you need to show intent as Director Comey said (when he also said that no reasonable person would establish) which as members of the House committee said, is a convenient "out" for Hillary and is difficult to prove. Common sense tells us after lie after lie after lie has been exposed, that Hillary established this server to intentionally hide conflicts of interest while Secretary of State. This isn't hard to understand. And it's even scarier that smart, educated people just plug their ears, cover their eyes, and scream "lalalalalala" over a piece of crud crony capitalist trying to be the Leader of the Free World.

Ya see that is the problem. You repeat these statements that have no basis in reality,
1. The server was not "illegal" there is no such thing as an illegal server, by any statute.
2. What she did was not illegal, disingenuous, sneaky ,underhanded yes, but not illegal.
I realize that you have a pathological hatred of Mrs. Clinton but try to state facts.

Ya see that is the problem. You repeat these statements that have no basis in reality,
1. The server was not "illegal" there is no such thing as an illegal server, by any statute.
2. What she did was not illegal, disingenuous, sneaky ,underhanded yes, but not illegal.
I realize that you have a pathological hatred of Mrs. Clinton but try to state facts.

Yet again, you have shown a likely willful ignorance of the facts. Just like stating QE was akin to how China devalues their currency. You were wrong then and wrong here. Again.

18 US Code 793(f)

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Yet again, you have shown a likely willful ignorance of the facts. Just like stating QE was akin to how China devalues their currency. You were wrong then and wrong here. Again.

18 US Code 793(f)

(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Somehow the FBI and the AG, did not agree with you, I suspect they know a bit more about the law.

Okay let's try again what does her personal communication with her family have to do with the email problem? What makes these communications newsworthy?

Clinton has been claiming for months (years? how long has it been now?) that she has fully cooperated, that she's handed everything over, and yet this has got to be the third or fourth time another massive pile has been recovered. I've lost count.

How many times has she "fully" cooperated, and then a little while later has grudgingly cooperated a little bit more?

And of course, some emails have been "lost" ...

Of course, the reason for the delays and incremental cooperation is that it takes time for her minions to pick through the evidence so that anything incriminating can be unfortunately lost.

The only thing I'm really sure of now is that she lied, she kept lying, she lied some more, she's still lying, she'll lie about it tomorrow, and she'll lie about it in her post-presidency speeches and memoir. (Well, I'm sure of one more thing - there are people who will continue to believe her and give her the benefit of the doubt.)

She had the server set up for the sole purpose of evading archive requirements mandated by law.

You also seem to be suggesting that because some of these emails were to her family, that she deserves some kind of privacy related to them. Not so - she forfeited that expectation when she mixed official and private communications.

This is the warning / disclosure displayed when you login to a US Government email system:
By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
  • -The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
  • -At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
  • -Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
  • -This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests—not for your personal benefit or privacy.
  • -Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE, or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential.
Bold emphasis is mine.

This is why she set up a personal server, for the specific purpose of evading this kind of monitoring and archive.

The fact that she occasionally used the system to email her kid doesn't make any of this OK, or give her some reasonable expectation of privacy.

Reactions: 1 user

18 US Code 793(f)

As to the being the same way China devalues its currency, I said no such thing, one of its effects was to devalue the currency. Again you misstated and cannot separate your opinion from a fact.
Now once again the newsworthy part of Mrs Clinton's personal communication with her daughter?

Clinton has been claiming for months (years? how long has it been now?) that she has fully cooperated, that she's handed everything over, and yet this has got to be the third or fourth time another massive pile has been recovered. I've lost count.

How many times has she "fully" cooperated, and then a little while later has grudgingly cooperated a little bit more?

And of course, some emails have been "lost" ...

Of course, the reason for the delays and incremental cooperation is that it takes time for her minions to pick through the evidence so that anything incriminating can be unfortunately lost.

The only thing I'm really sure of now is that she lied, she kept lying, she lied some more, she's still lying, she'll lie about it tomorrow, and she'll lie about it in her post-presidency speeches and memoir. (Well, I'm sure of one more thing - there are people who will continue to believe her and give her the benefit of the doubt.)

She had the server set up for the sole purpose of evading archive requirements mandated by law.

You also seem to be suggesting that because some of these emails were to her family, that she deserves some kind of privacy related to them. Not so - she forfeited that expectation when she mixed official and private communications.

This is the warning / disclosure displayed when you login to a US Government email system:

Bold emphasis is mine.

This is why she set up a personal server, for the specific purpose of evading this kind of monitoring and archive.

The fact that she occasionally used the system to email her kid doesn't make any of this OK, or give her some reasonable expectation of privacy.

My point is that the emails to her daughter are not newsworthy just a chance to keep the issue alive for the base.
I do not think anyone here thinks that Mrs Clinton set up her own server for any other reason then to control all information about her, and as I have stated numerous times it was a bad thing,( to put it mildly).

So the question remains what makes these emails to her daughter newsworthy?

18 US Code 793(f)

So how does this make the server illegal?

So the question remains what makes these emails to her daughter newsworthy?

Only that they were released just now, and not the 1st, 2nd, ..., Nth time she said she had fully cooperated.

It's not the email to her daughter that's interesting, it's that she's apparently continuing to get away with incremental cooperation.

Only that they were released just now, and not the 1st, 2nd, ..., Nth time she said she had fully cooperated.

It's not the email to her daughter that's interesting, it's that she's apparently continuing to get away with incremental cooperation.

It appears in this case the government already had these emails.

This is a brilliant and absolutely spot on quote from Jorge Ramos's TIME article:
"It doesn’t matter who you are—a journalist, a politician or a voter—we’ll all be judged by how we responded to Donald Trump".

I can say, without reservation, that everyone who sees this person for who he is knows this as fact.

Half agree. If he loses the election he will be a forgotten punchline and we will never know the likely horrors that will be averted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Once again, nothing HC has allegedly done is a thread to US security and stability the same way as Trump in office would be. You can hate her all you want, but there's no denying who would screw up the country more. Politicians are all liars and crooked, including both Clinton and Trump. Why this is news to any of you is beyond me.

Once again, nothing HC has allegedly done is a thread to US security and stability the same way as Trump in office would be. You can hate her all you want, but there's no denying who would screw up the country more. Politicians are all liars and crooked, including both Clinton and Trump. Why this is news to any of you is beyond me.
You're right, Clinton would be the less risky president.

Even in the worst case the R's will keep the House, and she'll get nothing really awful done, beyond court appointments. The 2018 midterms will likely be a massive R victory with her in office and Trump out of the picture. Despite that I can't help but think the GOP is dead. Demographic shifts and persistent consistent hostility to minorities and women are going to make any R presidential nominee unelectable. Hillary Clinton was beatable but as usual the GOP would rather lose with style.

The republic will survive.

Half agree. If he loses the election he will be a forgotten punchline and we will never know the likely horrors that will be averted.
I hope he's forgotten, in Sarah Palin fashion.

But he's got the ego and media connections to keep himself involved. At this point I'm hoping for Clinton to win with the biggest landslide victory in the last 100 years, if for no other reason than to tattoo LOSER on Trump's forehead in indelible ink.

Because if it's close, he's not just going to go away.

Well I am sure that Mr. Trumps supporters are confused, all over the place on immigration reform.

You're right, Clinton would be the less risky president.

Even in the worst case the R's will keep the House, and she'll get nothing really awful done, beyond court appointments. The 2018 midterms will likely be a massive R victory with her in office and Trump out of the picture. Despite that I can't help but think the GOP is dead. Demographic shifts and persistent consistent hostility to minorities and women are going to make any R presidential nominee unelectable. Hillary Clinton was beatable but as usual the GOP would rather lose with style.

The republic will survive.
The GOP will be just fine.

I agree with the demographic shifts, which ultimately may make things a little tougher. But many members of the changing demographics are actually pretty conservative.

As far as hostility to women and minorities, I'm liberal, and even I don't consider those a republican thing. I consider those a tea party or "alt-right" thing. I disagree with a LOT of what Bush, Rubio, or pre-Trump sellout Chris Christie believe, but I don't think they're bigots or sexist. (Although Rubio's extreme anti-abortion stance is very paternalistic). But I digress.

What I hope the republicans learn from this is that they have to put serious effort into addressing the idiots they've actively supported just to keep their numbers up. At one time Trump's "birther" type of bull$hit was just good racist fun that the mainstream republicans could pretend to ignore because it was anti-Obama or democrat. Now those ridiculously stupid theories and people that have no place in American politics have come back to bite them in the ass.

The reckless and stupid beliefs of Louis Gomert, Michelle Bachman, Christine O'donnell, Sharon Angle, Trump, and virtually every tea party candidate or Breitbartian conspiracy theorist should be shamed by the party. The tea party stupidity should be forced out of the GOP. A lot of centrists would come back if that were the case.

I don't know how they'll handle this whole thing post-Trump. But if they want to be a party that represents American values and REALITY, they need to unload the hateful, stupid, anti-American baggage that is the tea-party and its ilk. My guess is they'll figure that out.

We live in a time where Glenn Beck, one of the dumbest conspiracy theorists the right has seen, is a voice of reason.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry, guys. Trump will eventually do what appears to be a real pivot to the center as election day comes up and his polling remains hopeless. After he loses, the GOP will once again put out a post-mortem whose conclusion is "see, our nominee wasn't far enough to the right, we need to move even farther!!"

Don't worry, guys. Trump will eventually do what appears to be a real pivot to the center as election day comes up and his polling remains hopeless. After he loses, the GOP will once again put out a post-mortem whose conclusion is "see, our nominee wasn't far enough to the right, we need to move even farther!!"

Yes there is always more room to the right!

I am a Trump supporter. Felt he gave a B or B- performance. Crooked Hillary gave a B or B+. He could have slayed her on her email server, her failure in the middle east, etc. He spend too much time on his ego.

Thoughts on the debate? I thought Trump did a good job, not a lot of foot in mouth comments.

Everytime I hear Hillary speak, it's the same ole political lines. I'm going to say Trump wins by a large margin.

What debate were you watching? Sorry -even Trump supporters are saying he lost. Not disastrously, but clearly lost.

He was doing pretty well the first 1/3 of the debate but the latter 2/3 sounded too much like a confusing rant. I couldn't even figure out most of the time what he was saying, and he spent too much time sounding childish in arguing with the moderator (how many times can you say "go ask Hannity- he will verify I'm not blatantly lying").

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What debate were you watching? Sorry -even Trump supporters are saying he lost. Not disastrously, but clearly lost.

He was doing pretty well the first 1/3 of the debate but the latter 2/3 sounded too much like a confusing rant. I couldn't even figure out most of the time what he was saying, and he spent too much time sounding childish in arguing with the moderator (how many times can you say "go ask Hannity- he will verify I'm not blatantly lying").

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, grading the debate as a stand alone she did better. But all Trump needed to do is not appear insane and a total fool to gain some credibility. I predict his recent gains in the polls will continue.

I didn't watch. Don't have the stomach for it.

But since there are no headlines this morning describing how Trump stripped naked or got in a pro-wrastlin' fistfight with the moderator, I figure he "exceeded expectations" and at a minimum didn't lose any support. That's got to be a win for the crazy guy.

I didn't watch. Don't have the stomach for it.

But since there are no headlines this morning describing how Trump stripped naked or got in a pro-wrastlin' fistfight with the moderator, I figure he "exceeded expectations" and at a minimum didn't lose any support. That's got to be a win for the crazy guy.

It was interesting to watch but not incredibly entertaining. Mostly because Trump from the past few weeks, not primary Trump, showed up.
He did talk over Clinton (and Lester Holt) like Kanye helping Taylor Swift accept her award.
But all in all, the expectations for Clinton was she performed as a professional and for Trump that he perform like, well, Trump - so everyone met the expectations. And probably that the poll numbers won't greatly change, but we'll see.

Weeeeeeeeelp, I thought Trump lost most his primary debates, yet he somehow kept getting more and more popular. I thought he lost against Hillary too, yet . . . will it make any difference? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know! It seems pretty hard to predict almost anything when it comes to Trump.

At this point I'm rooting for Trump. It's about time we got a clown who actually dresses the part into the White House. Merica!

RET57yh.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-hot-mic-when-you-re-star-you-can-do-n662116

How to loose female votes:

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he said in the 2005 conversation. "Grab 'em by the pu$$$."

How to loose married males votes:

"Earlier in the conversation, Trump recalls talking about trying to woo a married woman.

"I moved on her actually, she was down in Palm Beach and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try to **** her, she was married … and I moved on her very heavily," Trump is heard saying.

"I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture and I told her 'I'll show you where you can get some nice furniture,'" Trump is heard saying. "I moved on her like a bit%%,"

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-hot-mic-when-you-re-star-you-can-do-n662116

How to loose female votes:

"I'm automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," he said in the 2005 conversation. "Grab 'em by the pu$$$."

How to loose married males votes:

"Earlier in the conversation, Trump recalls talking about trying to woo a married woman.

"I moved on her actually, she was down in Palm Beach and I failed. I'll admit it. I did try to **** her, she was married … and I moved on her very heavily," Trump is heard saying.

"I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture and I told her 'I'll show you where you can get some nice furniture,'" Trump is heard saying. "I moved on her like a bit%%,"
I know this is the bigger and "sexier" story, but to me it's a 2/10 on the Trump scale. Remember this f$ck threw American muslims completely under the bus by saying he saw a video of THOUSANDS of them cheering 9/11. Of course he never presented this video because he never saw it and it doesn't exist. But I'm sure he got what he wanted in a few more voters by stoking hatred of good Americans.

Saying that he likes to bang "hot" women and calling them names is his biggest fault? If you didn't already know that this guy is human garbage, you are without question either stupid or blinded by Hillary hatred. Period.

Reactions: 2 users
ROFL, CNN is playing the uncensored clip like 4 times an hour

Definitely not safe for work unless you have headphones:

Is anyone really surprised

It's over. That RCP Poll of Polls keeps getting worse and worse. Unless something equally bad comes out against her in the next few weeks. This is so sad. It comes down to these two people.

I bet there was worse than this, just not on tape, and not only about women.

I stopped posting on this forum a couple of months ago, because I just couldn't stand wasting my time on the then 55% now 51% who would vote for him. I am still disgusted and disappointed in a number of people, including in real life. It just shows that most people don't learn anything from history, and explains how bad people can rise to power in civilized countries, again and again. Some citizens have no decency when voting for their own interests. Plus I guess you can't fix stupid (i.e those who actually believe the demagoguery). So sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
I stopped posting on this forum a couple of months ago, because I just couldn't stand wasting my time on the then 55% now 51% who would vote for him. I am still disgusted and disappointed in a number of people, including in real life. It just shows that most people don't learn anything from history, and explains how bad people can rise to power in civilized countries, again and again. Some citizens have no decency when voting for their interests. Plus I guess you can't fix stupid (i.e those who actually believe the demagoguery). So sad.[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter whome we vote for anyway. Stalin said , the people who count the vote matter more than the people that vote.
The democrats have utterly failed in reigning spending and welfare. They cannot enforce their own laws. When they do they go after the easy targets, the law abiding. They fully know they are utter failures spewing out utopian dreams by spending other peoples money. But the republicans are no better, they espouse welfare to the rich. Only Trump can bankrupt a casino
The deep state that went unchecked under hillary and oatsama and caused the deaths of us ambassador in Benghazi. TSA and all the three letter organizations are waging war to loot Law abiding americans

So the washington post says there are 3 things donald trump has to answer

1. Did he actually pursue a married woman?
2. Was he married to Melania Trump at the time?
3. How often does he talk like this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mp-will-have-to-answer-about-this-lewd-video/

---

actually - there is a bigger question -- has he ever sexually assaulted a woman ?

after all - he was bragging about grabbing women on the p*ssy
I can't believe this guy is a US presidential candidate.

Reactions: 2 users
actually - there is a bigger question -- has he ever sexually assaulted a woman ?

after all - he was bragging about grabbing women on the p*ssy
I can't believe this guy is a US presidential candidate.

I actually don't think this hurts him all that much. It's not like he was crushing it with the female voter to begin with. If you were female and voting for Trump before this, you're probably still voting for him after. Same for his real target demographic: uneducated males.

It just boggles my mind that poor, uneducated, religious-leaning southern people (I'm southern for full disclosure) are rooting for a super-rich, highly educated, New Yorker, who is probably the least Christian candidate in years. He also probably gives a rats-ass about gun rights, but is smart enough to say what he needs to to get people to vote for him.

@WholeLottaGame7 is right. It breaks my heart to see all those stupid people standing by him, even after this. I can't have any respect for any woman or minority voting for Trump, after all he has said. I am beginning to think that many of his voters are people who share his values, so everything he says sounds almost normal to them; they are not decent people, hrc might be right about them. The saddest part is that somebody can spew hate speech like that and be proud of it, unpunished. In America. In 2016. One doesn't see such intolerance and disrespect for groups of people except among extremists, skinheads, white supremacists, neonazis. The whole world is watching, while those millions of people are shaming us all, with their stupid adulation.

@WholeLottaGame7 is right. It breaks my heart to see all those stupid people standing by him, even after this. I can't have any respect for any woman or minority voting for Trump, after all he has said. I am beginning to think that many of his voters are people who share his values, so everything he says sounds almost normal to them; they are not decent people, hrc might be right about them. The saddest part is that somebody can spew hate speech like that and be proud of it, unpunished. In America. In 2016. One doesn't see such intolerance and disrespect for groups of people except among extremists, skinheads, white supremacists, neonazis. The whole world is watching, while those millions of people are shaming us all, with their stupid adulation.

Hence, the "deplorable" comment by Clinton. Even if the Trump supporters don't want to admit it, there is a lot of hate in this country and Trump was able to bring out the worst.

He's going to come out tonight in front of millions of people looking and feeling as proud of himself as usual.

I didn't really buy the sociopath stuff before, but "remaining defiant" after being heard bragging about grabbing women "by the p*ssy" is a sign of sociopathy, not strength. He should be NOTHING but embarrassed and apologetic. Or out of sight.

Trump is not a Nazi. He is an opportunist and typical liberal leaning Democrat posing as a Republican.

Hillary is despicable as well but in the usual corrupt politician like sort of way where we accept lies and greed as the norm.

There is no good choice here. In good conscience I can't vote for either of them.
My vote is going to Gary Johnson.

Trump is not a Nazi. He is an opportunist and typical liberal leaning Democrat posing as a Republican.

Hillary is despicable as well but in the usual corrupt politician like sort of way where we accept lies and greed as the norm.

There is no good choice here. In good conscience I can't vote for either of them.
My vote is going to Gary Johnson.

No sir, don't give Trump to the democrats. He is running as a replubican after winning the primaries.

No sir, don't give Trump to the democrats. He is running as a replubican after winning the primaries.
And the republicans let him run. A lot of people might not vote republican for decades because of that. Plus most republican voters are trumpists, not true republicans. This is like watching the death of the federalist party. I wouldn't be surprised if djt starts his own party if he loses the elections.

And the republicans let him run. A lot of people might not vote republican for decades because of that. Plus most republican voters are trumpists, not true republicans. This is like watching the death of the federalist party. I wouldn't be surprised if djt starts his own party if he loses the elections.

No, I am about 20% convinced that this whole campaign was really just a massive intro for his next reality TV series. The one where he shows how he increased his brand by fooling 40% of the country into supporting him despite not really being a Republican.

Status
Not open for further replies.