VR score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

connie95

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how the verbal reasoning section is scored on the MCAT? If I get 11 questions wrong out of 40, what is my approximate MCAT score? I looked at the ExamKrackers scoring chart but that seems to pertain to their 30-minute VR test only…not the entire thing...

Members don't see this ad.

You would get a 10 from AAMC 11 practice test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously? You get a 10 from <75%?!?
Are you saying that cutoff is too low or too high? I got 13 on verbal for my real exam, and I'm pretty sure I only missed 2-3 questions.

Are you saying that cutoff is too low or too high? I got 13 on verbal for my real exam, and I'm pretty sure I only missed 2-3 questions.
I'm surprised that you would get such a high scaled score for that percentage. Then again, the curve on the MCAT seemed pretty generous overall.

Ditto. I got a 13 and, when reviewing the section, only had two questions I was unsure of.

Ditto. I got a 13 and, when reviewing the section, only had two questions I was unsure of.
Right...the scale for the upper few is generally 1/question. That's why I was surprised to get mine, I didn't think I'd missed 3 or more. But it gets a LOT better really fast after that, and the extent of the change always catches me off guard no matter how often I look over it.

Seriously? You get a 10 from <75%?!?
I'm pretty far from the MCAT, but I'm now seriously wondering how people get <25 on the test...:shy:

after preparation and a good-faith attempt, ofc.