VSAS, Frieda, Sub-i's oh my!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0919mmk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

M3 here about to start applying for sub-i's, and trying to find a good resource for evaluating ortho residencies. The sticky thread above (and on "the other" ortho website) seem like the best/only resource written by applicants/rotators rather than propaganda written by the programs themselves. Any other sources I can use? Seems like word of mouth is pretty important, but I'm looking in LA, Boston, and NYC (due to couples match), and I don't have a ton of contacts in those places. Any help appreciated! Oh and if you happen to be a resident/rotator in those places, I'd love to get in touch.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you already have access to VSAS? I didn't think it opened until Feb?

Unfortunately there really aren't many great resources. When I was looking at aways last year I used orthogate, 4th years who had rotated/interviewed, and residents that I know to figure out where to rotate. Residents can be a great resource because they may have friends who are residents at other programs. I can't help you with programs in the cities you mentioned, but let me know if you have any questions about Midwest programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

M3 here about to start applying for sub-i's, and trying to find a good resource for evaluating ortho residencies. The sticky thread above (and on "the other" ortho website) seem like the best/only resource written by applicants/rotators rather than propaganda written by the programs themselves. Any other sources I can use? Seems like word of mouth is pretty important, but I'm looking in LA, Boston, and NYC (due to couples match), and I don't have a ton of contacts in those places. Any help appreciated! Oh and if you happen to be a resident/rotator in those places, I'd love to get in touch.

Orthogate is your best bet, but still inadequate. Feel free to PM me if you want info on Boston/Philly. Rotated and interviewed there

The most challenging aspect of 4th year is that all the pertinent information is through word of mouth. When you read enough of the program reviews, they all start to sound the same. I know a bit about the LA programs so feel free to PM me.