VSAS photo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLpk1girl86

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what they're looking for as far as picture wise? Is this to make an ID badge or for their records? Does it have to be professional?

I'm assuming it's for identification purposes but I tried to make it approx 2x2 in, will this suffice or should I make a passport size photo with white background and all that?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm going with a jungle background. It should make me stand out more. No, seriously, anything bland will work. It should look somewhat professional but make sure you don't end up looking like a tool. I was told "casual professional" by my advisor.

Anyone know what they're looking for as far as picture wise? Is this to make an ID badge or for their records? Does it have to be professional?

I'm assuming it's for identification purposes but I tried to make it approx 2x2 in, will this suffice or should I make a passport size photo with white background and all that?

Thanks!

I did happen to see the pic you posted before you removed it, and I think something slightly more "professional" would probably be best (yours was not really "unprofessional, just a tad too casual in my opinion). It does not have to be a professionally done portrait . . . I actually just used the quick cheap portrait picture we had to take the first day of medical school (me wearing a shirt and tie) that's posted on our school's website. I would probably recommend planning on using the same kind of photo you are planning to use for ERAS (if not the exact same photo). Our school is nice enough to retake our portraits early in 4th year for ERAS for free, but any simple picture of you in business casual type attire would be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going with a jungle background. It should make me stand out more. No, seriously, anything bland will work. It should look somewhat professional but make sure you don't end up looking like a tool. I was told "casual professional" by my advisor.

:laugh: made me LOL

Thanks!

I also saw the photo you had posted before you took it down, and I'd second the "more professional" vote. It was a good picture, but I think you should put your best foot forward and get a picture with a nice background etc.

3536327+_01cb84a7b978881b8cf3f1d837a74959.gif