WA Schools (UW, UPS, EWU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have been obsessively checking my email too! Nothing yet... This is agonizing!
It really is... Do you think they have already sent rejections and the waitlist as meganlea implied in her post? That seems odd to do that before acceptances, but here's hoping!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard from UW today?? I've been checking my email every thirty minutes.... This process is such a lesson in patience!!
I've been doing the same thing! A lesson in patience indeed! :) Best of luck to everyone-hopefully we'll all hear soon!

Me too. I'm guessing it will be towards the end of the day. Good luck, all of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I was told by the new admissions advisor is they are making their final decisions today but she did not specify that they would be contacting people today. But regardless the anticipation is killer!

From what I was told by the new admissions advisor is they are making their final decisions today but she did not specify that they would be contacting people today. But regardless the anticipation is killer!
Thanks for sharing that... And the wait continues;)

I got an email from UW saying that I was accepted! Good luck everyone :)!

Reactions: 1 users
It really is... Do you think they have already sent rejections and the waitlist as meganlea implied in her post? That seems odd to do that before acceptances, but here's hoping!

I got my acceptance today! Looks like my email arrived around 3:30. This was my first choice so I am stoked!

I wanted to clear up for you bamadrex, when I spoke with UW last week she made it sound like only acceptances would go out today and that it may take them a few more days to send out wait lists and rejections. Maybe I wrote it wrong the first time. Hope that helps!

Good luck everyone!

I got my acceptance today! Looks like my email arrived around 3:30. This was my first choice so I am stoked!

I wanted to clear up for you bamadrex, when I spoke with UW last week she made it sound like only acceptances would go out today and that it may take them a few more days to send out wait lists and rejections. Maybe I wrote it wrong the first time. Hope that helps!

Good luck everyone!
Thanks, and congrats to everyone who got in! I'm hoping for the waitlist...

I got an email too!

Bamadrex, I heard at an information session last year that they have a pretty long waitlist and everyone on it last year got in to the program. So if you don't get an email today, you've still got a pretty good chance.

Anyone heard back about the UW waitlist? Think we'll hear today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Earlier this year I went way back on some old UW OT forums and saw that people who didn't receive an acceptance right away called to find out their status. Many were told if they were waitlisted or not and what number they were on the list. I'm sure they will answer any question you have. Good luck to you!

Earlier this year I went way back on some old UW OT forums and saw that people who didn't receive an acceptance right away called to find out their status. Many were told if they were waitlisted or not and what number they were on the list. I'm sure they will answer any question you have. Good luck to you!
Did anyone call today regarding the waitlist? I can't I'm at work...

Thanks so much for the help!

Did anyone call today regarding the waitlist? I can't I'm at work...
I just called and was told that waitlist offers are sent via regular mail. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and was able to tell me over the phone if I was on the waitlist, and approximately what my position was on the list. Good luck!

I just called and was told that waitlist offers are sent via regular mail. The woman I spoke with was very helpful and was able to tell me over the phone if I was on the waitlist, and approximately what my position was on the list. Good luck!
Thanks for the info! Good luck to you as well:)

Has anyone received anything official about the waitlist at UW? I'm still waiting to get a letter in the mail...

Has anyone received anything official about the waitlist at UW? I'm still waiting to get a letter in the mail...

I haven't received a letter about anything yet (waitlist/rejection, etc) and I live in Seattle.

I recieved the letter yesterday, I was rejected, I live in Seattle...I had called on Monday, she told me then. She did say that the letters were mailed and did I want to wait for the letter to know if I was rejected or wait listed, Seriously???
Hopefully you all fared better than I did:(

I got an email too!

Bamadrex, I heard at an information session last year that they have a pretty long waitlist and everyone on it last year got in to the program. So if you don't get an email today, you've still got a pretty good chance.

Hi mjova,

Thanks for the info re: the waitlist from the last admission cycle. I was waitlisted at UW and told of my approximate place on the list. However the woman I spoke to said she was a recent hire and didn't have much information about last years cycle. Is there anything more you could relate about what you heard at the information session you were at?

Hi!

I am actually a current first-year student in the MOT program at UW. I wasn't wait listed last year, but many of my classmates were. Last year they ended up taking either 12 or 13 off of the wait list. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it was definitely between 12 and 13. Hope that helps!

If anyone has any questions about the program, feel free to ask!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

I am actually a current first-year student in the MOT program at UW. I wasn't wait listed last year, but many of my classmates were. Last year they ended up taking either 12 or 13 off of the wait list. I'm not sure of the exact number, but it was definitely between 12 and 13. Hope that helps!

If anyone has any questions about the program, feel free to ask!

Hi! If you don't mind answering them, I have a few questions! :) First, I was wondering what other schools you got into and why you chose to go to UW? Also, just in general, what do you like and not like about the program so far?
Thank you for your help!

No problem!

So I am originally from the east coast and actually moved to Seattle in September to attend UW. The other schools I got into were NYU, Temple in Philadelphia, and Towson in Maryland. To be honest, I had originally applied to UW on a whim, and didn't really expect that I would get in, but it ended up being the first school I got into. I was accepted in mid March and then a week later I got into Towson, and at that point those were the only 2 schools I had heard from. For me, it was a really obvious choice, because UW had SUCH a better reputation than the other school. I ended up getting into NYU and Temple a few weeks later, but I still stuck with UW. The only other school that I really felt was on par with UW was NYU, but if I went to NYU, I would have lived at home and not really much in my life would have changed. So to be honest, a huge part of the reason I chose UW was how far it was from home. I thought it would be the best place for me personally, and I thought I would grow the most professionally, as well as personally. I also visited the school last April, and I just felt really comfortable there. The academic advisor last year, Mary, actually personally called everyone who got accepted last year, so I found out via phone call that I got in. That was my very first impression of the program, and I liked the fact that it was so personalized. Then when I visited, everyone was super friendly, and I just had got a really good vibe from the program. FYI- people totally visit the school and sit in on our classes all the time, so I would recommend doing that if you are torn between 2 programs.

As for what I like and don't like....... I think my favorite thing about the program is how supportive everyone is, especially the faculty. I didn't really expect that going into school, but everyone (faculty and your classmates alike) really want you to succeed. On your first day at orientation, they'll probably tell you that grades don't matter, and it's actually true. You DO have to do well and pass the classes, but there really is no competition and everyone helps everyone else if they're struggling. It's a really supportive environment, and if you don't do well on an exam, the faculty works with you to figure out what you might be doing wrong and to find better study strategies. So unless you are actively trying to fail, it's pretty much impossible that you will. There's also so many different personalities and everyone brings something different to the classroom (based upon on past experiences, past jobs, etc), so it's a nice mix.

Another thing I really like is that we take classes with PT students and P&O students the first 3 quarters. It's nice to mix things up, especially since we do work so closely with them in the field when we are actually practicing. UW also has a reputation for being really based in the sciences, and after the past 2 quarters, I would definitely agree. We take our anatomy and neuro classes with the PT students, so we get the same science foundation that they do, which is actually typically more than most OT programs (or so I've heard). You don't actually realize how much you are learning. We just finished winter quarter on Tuesday, and I'm literally blown away by how much I've actually learned about the human body in the past 6 months.

As for things I don't like, there really isn't too much. I do wish the program would be a little more hands on. I've heard that typically, when UW OT students start their fieldworks, they are way more knowledgeable in Anatomy, but have less actual experience in the clinic (but that they do catch up). I can't really speak for other OT schools in WA because I really don't know anything about them, but UW could definitely be a little more hands on. I do really like the program though, and I would definitely recommend it. I'm really glad that I picked it.

I hope that I could help! Please let me know if you have any other questions, or if you think of anything else. I can answer anything!

Anyone heard from EWU? I Got an email from Carrie saying the class was filled but I was wait listed. . :(:(
Does this mean students have already started accepting already?

Anyone heard from EWU? I Got an email from Carrie saying the class was filled but I was wait listed. . :(:(
Does this mean students have already started accepting already?

I was wait listed too. Pretty much that means that they sent out their first round of acceptances to their top choices, but if any of those applicants deny their spot then they will start to contact people on the wait list to fill those places.

Thank you so much @anddvo !! That definitely helps! I may have a few more questions for you after I think things through a bit more, but that makes me excited for my tour Monday! @ShellStar I got my acceptance email earlier today so I'm assuming they just let everyone know so I'm sure some people will decline! Good luck!

Thank you so much @anddvo !! That definitely helps! I may have a few more questions for you after I think things through a bit more, but that makes me excited for my tour Monday! @ShellStar I got my acceptance email earlier today so I'm assuming they just let everyone know so I'm sure some people will decline! Good luck!
Congratulations!! Im just hoping im not too far down the waitlist.
Did they set a deadline date for when accepted students have to notify them w/ their decision?

Thank you @ShellStar ! I really felt comfortable there during the interview day so I am really excited! The deadline they gave me was March 30th. I've seen on other forums that they've gone into their waitlist in previous years so I hope that happens for you! I also saw somewhere that if you call and ask your place on the waitlist they might tell you. Best of luck!

Hi @ShellStar. I was accepted to EWU yesterday as well and will be declining the offer so that's one spot open for someone on the wait list! Good luck!
Congratulations!! Im just hoping im not too far down the waitlist.
Did they set a deadline date for when accepted students have to notify them w/ their decision?
@

Thank you @ShellStar ! I really felt comfortable there during the interview day so I am really excited! The deadline they gave me was March 30th. I've seen on other forums that they've gone into their waitlist in previous years so I hope that happens for you! I also saw somewhere that if you call and ask your place on the waitlist they might tell you. Best of luck!

Thank you @OTteresa10, I hope so too! I fell in love with this school as well...The vibe was far superior compared to many other schools I have visited.

Congrats again :)

I heard back from EWU and I was accepted. (Heard back last Friday). I will be going there and I am super excited. For those of you who did get in this year and really want to go to EWU I would recommend talking to Carrie. I applied last year and didn't get in. I had a 3.84 gpa in my last 60 credits and a 3.72 gpa in my prereqs. My GRE score wasn't great. I went in and sat down with Carrie and Dr. Mann and they told me to retake the GRE, which I did. They also told me to modify my admission essay by adding OT jargon and making short and long-term goal in the essay. They said that my essay was already good but by adding those things it would make it stand out. I was really down about not getting in last year and wasn't going to apply again, but an OT friend of mine said that EWU really takes a look at second time applicants. I am extremely glad that I applied again, I knew that once they looked at all my extracurricular activities I would have a better chance of getting in. So that is my advice to you all if you really want to go to EWU apply again. Congrats to everyone who got in to where they want to go and good luck for all thoses who were wait listed.

I heard back from EWU and I was accepted. (Heard back last Friday). I will be going there and I am super excited. For those of you who did get in this year and really want to go to EWU I would recommend talking to Carrie. I applied last year and didn't get in. I had a 3.84 gpa in my last 60 credits and a 3.72 gpa in my prereqs. My GRE score wasn't great. I went in and sat down with Carrie and Dr. Mann and they told me to retake the GRE, which I did. They also told me to modify my admission essay by adding OT jargon and making short and long-term goal in the essay. They said that my essay was already good but by adding those things it would make it stand out. I was really down about not getting in last year and wasn't going to apply again, but an OT friend of mine said that EWU really takes a look at second time applicants. I am extremely glad that I applied again, I knew that once they looked at all my extracurricular activities I would have a better chance of getting in. So that is my advice to you all if you really want to go to EWU apply again. Congrats to everyone who got in to where they want to go and good luck for all thoses who were wait listed.

Thank you for the tip @Ewuot2017 :) you had great stats (gpa) the 1st time and did not get in...we're you waitlisted by any chance ? do you know if it's a big list?

My stats are lower than yours and I have a feeling I'm on the lower end of that list because of my gre scores. :( However, I have emailed Carrie to learn more about my app to find out more information ...only thing i dread about reapplying is the additional expenses of traveling there from CA only to find I'm waitlisted or not accepted again..somewhat very discouraging. I will not give up, though :)

I was not wait listed @ShellStar. They didn't even consider me because my GRE score was a3.0. That's rough about traveling. I was in your very shoes last year I just don't have to travel. It was very discouraging. In fact I went through the process thinking I wouldn't get in this year. Retake the gre! Score a 4.0 on writing and if you get 300 combined on the other two areas and they will give you Bonus points. Also, if you were on the wait list this year and don't get in I bet you have a really good chance next year of getting straight in. Good luck this year, there are a lot of people wanting to go to UW.

I believe the deadline to respond to UW for people accepted during the first round of admissions was this past Friday. Anyone on the waitlist heard anything?

Ewu is currently going into their waitlist. has anyone accepted or decline their spot?

Ewu is currently going into their waitlist. has anyone accepted or decline their spot?
Hi. I was offered a spot from the waitlist and have decided to decline the offer. Good luck!

Hi. I was offered a spot from the waitlist and have decided to decline the offer. Good luck!
Can I ask what position on the wait list you were? I am on the wait list as well and wanted to see if they might make it to me :/

I was also offered acceptance to EWU from the wait list. I most likely will decline their offer so good luck to those on the wait list and hope you guys get in

I was planning on starting a facebook group for anyone going to UW to get to know each other. Would anyone be interested!? :)
@OTschoolbound @meganlea @mjova ..are you guys going to UW? So sorry if I missed anyone!

Last edited:
@Ewuot2017 Do you know if there is a facebook page yet? If so what is it called? I keep looking but maybe I am missing it!

Hello! Has anyone that's a Fall 2016 applicant heard back yet from UW yet? I know they say March but I can't help but wonder is some people have heard any news just yet!

The wait is agonizing :sick:

Just accepted to UPS via phone call (voice mail)!

Hello! Has anyone that's a Fall 2016 applicant heard back yet from UW yet? I know they say March but I can't help but wonder is some people have heard any news just yet!

The wait is agonizing :sick:

I haven't heard anything yet either. Would you mind posting your stats? (GRE, GPA, work history, observation hours, etc).

Just accepted to UPS via phone call (voice mail)!
Wow good for you! Did you go there for undergrad? I heard that they mostly accept their undergrad students before out of state. Way to go!

Wow good for you! Did you go there for undergrad? I heard that they mostly accept their undergrad students before out of state. Way to go!
Thank you!!! I am so excited and hoping others will post soon. I actually went to UW for undergrad, so I am waiting to hear from them. But it may be a factor that I'm from the area?