WAGs may have just saved me from potential hell (CVS) in the end

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sometimes it is fun to be on the bottom, just FYI.

On the other hand, sometimes it's just laziness.

Members don't see this ad.

BTW I think it would take an electron microscope to tell the difference between CVS and Walgreens. They both have metrics, coorperate BS, etc. Everything will depend on your store, team, boss, etc. I will say intercom+ beats rxconnect hands down from what I have seen.

Reactions: 1 user
I have no doubt your parents taught you your business sense, am I right?

No the only thing they do is yell at me when I spend too much money on my credit cards. LOL.....

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW I think it would take an electron microscope to tell the difference between CVS and Walgreens. They both have metrics, coorperate BS, etc. Everything will depend on your store, team, boss, etc. I will say intercom+ beats rxconnect hands down from what I have seen.

I have people tell me that CVS are more willing/likely to fire you for crappy metrics as oppose to Walgreens. I do NOT know if this is true or not. What do you think?

Are you ready to become a pharmacist? I am totally nervous about this. I'll start studying again. Not sure what else I can do to prepare!

Walgreens VS Publix...what do you think?

I have people tell me that CVS are more willing/likely to fire you for crappy metrics as oppose to Walgreens. I do NOT know if this is true or not. What do you think?

Are you ready to become a pharmacist? I am totally nervous about this. I'll start studying again. Not sure what else I can do to prepare!

Walgreens VS Publix...what do you think?

I would take the Publix job hands down. It just has to be less work I think in a grocery store. But really it is up to you.

I would take the Publix job hands down. It just has to be less work I think in a grocery store. But really it is up to you.

Why didn't you apply for Publix?

It's not guarantee yet with Publix though...they told me I can intern for them anytime but they will only hire me as a pharmacist if they think I am good. I will know by graduation. I will a floater though if I do become their pharmacist.

Would you pick Publix over Walgreens if you had to float for Publix?

I wanna move to South Florida. Have you applied for the pharmacist license for Florida yet? I just printed the paper application. I couldn't find the online application. Have you pay the $295 fee yet?

Publix will always have you float at first. That's part of their policy, at least in the Miami division. They want you to go from store to store daily in order to see how different stores do things, in the hopes that you will choose what you like and incorporate that into your own practice when you get a store.

Another reason to have you float first is so that the pharmacy supervisor can get feedback on how you do at various stores, which helps him/her make a better decision on where to place you when an opportunity arises.

I floated for 3 weeks before getting placed in a store. Others have floated for up to a year unless they voluntarily choose to continue floating. I think it's a good practice.

Reactions: 1 user
How did you get a Miami job so easily??????? I heard thats the hardest city to land a job. Harder than Atlanta...that's pretty damn hard! lol...

I am trying to get Palm Beach!

How did you get a Miami job so easily??????? I heard thats the hardest city to land a job. Harder than Atlanta...that's pretty damn hard! lol...

SHC, there has to be a NEED. As I told you in my PMs, CVS and Walgreens currently have a need in Miami and they hired me. You may have to wait it out for a while before the right opportunity arises and that is a luxury I understand not everyone has. I had this luxury, but most people don't. Don't give up on your dream in FL and ignore the naysayers. When the time is right and have a little luck on your side, you will get what you want. :thumbup:

I am in the Palm Beach market. Miami is the division for all of south FL. My district is from Palm Beach Gardens to Boynton Beach, and I know that right now we are full. However, the grapevine tells me that there may be openings in the district just below us. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you some contact info.

SHC, there has to be a NEED. As I told you in my PMs, CVS and Walgreens currently have a need in Miami and they hired me. You may have to wait it out for a while before the right opportunity arises and that is a luxury I understand not everyone has. I had this luxury, but most people don't. Don't give up on your dream in FL and ignore the naysayers. When the time is right and have a little luck on your side, you will get what you want. :thumbup:

I am in the Palm Beach market. Miami is the division for all of south FL. My district is from Palm Beach Gardens to Boynton Beach, and I know that right now we are full. However, the grapevine tells me that there may be openings in the district just below us. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you some contact info.

Thanks guys!!! I PMed you both back! :)

Oh and the intern license for Florida is FREE?? I don't see a fee on it at all! Great! lol

Walgreens in Palm Beach only have part time positions available. Why does the job market for pharmacist suck so bad? :rolleyes:

Walgreens in Palm Beach only have part time positions available. Why does the job market for pharmacist suck so bad? :rolleyes:

Probably because West Palm Beach has 2 pharmacy schools.

Publix will always have you float at first. That's part of their policy, at least in the Miami division. They want you to go from store to store daily in order to see how different stores do things, in the hopes that you will choose what you like and incorporate that into your own practice when you get a store.

Another reason to have you float first is so that the pharmacy supervisor can get feedback on how you do at various stores, which helps him/her make a better decision on where to place you when an opportunity arises.

I floated for 3 weeks before getting placed in a store. Others have floated for up to a year unless they voluntarily choose to continue floating. I think it's a good practice.

So is the position you are talking about a staff position, or a floater? Do all staff positions start out as floaters?