Wait for MCAT Retake scores, then submit Secondary Apps?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

withsomeluck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I received a 24 on my mcat (PS: 8, VR: 7, BS: 9). I'm scheduled to retake on the 28th, and my scores will not be ready until October 1st. Should I go ahead and submit my secondary applications as soon as possible, or should I wait until I receive my score? I did indicate on aacomas that I will be retaking, but I'm not sure how medical schools actually react to that.
Does anyone have any advice, or previous experience, on how to approach this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so I received a 24 on my mcat (PS: 8, VR: 7, BS: 9). I'm scheduled to retake on the 28th, and my scores will not be ready until October 1st. Should I go ahead and submit my secondary applications as soon as possible, or should I wait until I receive my score? I did indicate on aacomas that I will be retaking, but I'm not sure how medical schools actually react to that.
Does anyone have any advice, or previous experience, on how to approach this?

Thanks!

Submit now....

That's what I was leaning towards doing. The thing I'm worried about is getting flat out rejected by schools who won't consider that I'm retaking.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can also send a letter telling them that you are re-taking just to be safe