Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, I'm waitlisted at 4 schools, and 3 of them haven't had any movement yet... the other I'm on regular waitlist and they have HPWL sooooo.

help
me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Is it a good sign if a school has alrdy (before the apri 30th) been burning tro the reg wailtlist? (Earlier than previous years based on SDN)

I hope we all hear good news! Getting harder and harder to be patient :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
i looked through this and it seems like a ton of people are on 4-5 or even more WLs. Im currently on 4 with no acceptances yet so looking forward to next week. I have to think most of us will get off somewhere. even if a lot more people apply every year, i dont think schools interview more people

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One day more to monday!

Happy Traffic Day! May this year's waitlist cascade bring bountiful acceptances to all!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 18 users
YenniperHGValentines7_zpsfa4ed755.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
image.jpeg

Since there are two wait list threads gotta post in both for maximum support lol good luck everyoneeeeee.

Reactions: 12 users
It is 11:17am on the Monday after traffic day and I am FREAKING. OUT.
Please call me. Call me. Call me. Call me. Just call me.

Reactions: 7 users
Isn't tomorrow theoretically going to be traffic day, given that people have until midnight today?

Reactions: 6 users
It is 11:17am on the Monday after traffic day and I am FREAKING. OUT.
Please call me. Call me. Call me. Call me. Just call me.
Traffic day moved to today because weekends don't count...save the aneurysm for tomorrow, you'll need it!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't tomorrow theoretically going to be traffic day, given that people have until midnight today?

Traffic day moved to today because weekends don't count...save the aneurysm for tomorrow, you'll need it!

So I just compulsively checked my email 50 times today for no reason. That's alright. It's been my life for the last 11 months anyway.

Reactions: 10 users
So I just compulsively checked my email 50 times today for no reason. That's alright. It's been my life for the last 11 months anyway.
I think my systolic blood pressure permanently rose by ten points since last year

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

I have a question... Do you all feel like a significantly less amount of people post on SDN this year? Last year the school specific threads were booming. This year we are so behind. The school I a check often increased its class size from 154 to like 190 and there are still less people posting. It is bizarre. It also shows with these WL support threads. Last year the support thread was friken 15+ pages by now and we are barely scratching 8 or 9. Also, why are there two of these? Lol. Let us join them. @WedgeDawg maybe you can help us out

I have a question... Do you all feel like a significantly less amount of people post on SDN this year? Last year the school specific threads were booming. This year we are so behind. The school I a check often increased its class size from 154 to like 190 and there are still less people posting. It is bizarre. It also shows with these WL support threads. Last year the support thread was friken 15+ pages by now and we are barely scratching 8 or 9. Also, why are there two of these? Lol. Let us join them. @WedgeDawg maybe you can help us out
i agree.. the school i'm WL at had no activity for months and finally 2 people posted saying they got in off the WL. but still, there's been basically no activity for awhile

Accepted just now to NYMC!!! Waitlist movement!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 28 users
Meh, not nothing...after being snarky at you, I got off one of my WLs today! And here I was thinking Traffic Day would turn out to be a myth!

Reactions: 10 users
Meh, not nothing...after being snarky at you, I got off one of my WLs today! And here I was thinking Traffic Day would turn out to be a myth!
I saw your post in the Wayne state thread!!! You got accepted into Wayne state! Congratulations!!! I'm also on the waitlist there and I can't believe the waitlist is moving!!!

There was a lot of movement from EVMS today, but I was not one of those accepted. I feel it will slow down tomorrow. :(

There was a lot of movement from EVMS today, but I was not one of those accepted. I feel it will slow down tomorrow. :(

It might slow down tomorrow, but their waitlist movement continues throughout the summer. They are FAR from done, I promise.

Reactions: 2 users

Hang in there! Hoping we'll see more movement tomorrow. I'm WL'd at a school with a quiet thread but who knows, maybe there are just less people on SDN these days

joining for luck/support/all that good stuff
WL at evms, drexel and jeff
good things happen to those who wait fam <33

We are alive! Lets see what happens tomorrow! Good Luck LuLu!

Just got into one of my top choices! Pretty sure I will go there over my other current acceptance. I'm pretty sure traffic rules are a little different forms situation (drop all but one acceptance by 11:59 tonight) but I'm feeling neurotic since I'm not 110% sure.

Reactions: 6 users
maybe more movemenet tomorrow?

I want a happy email too!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted at ucla and evms. Really, really hoping I hear some good news this week!!

Hoping so :( no news and no acceptances from my two WL.
It would make sense...some folks still have multiples, and I wouldn't be shocked if some schools waited for everyone to finish Traffic Day before meeting and deciding on WL candidates. And we've all seen how long it can take them to review and make decisions...

I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't expect there to be much movement this week...apparently I was wrong and some schools are on top of things, but given the slow, slow pace of bureaucracy, I wouldn't say that no email today, tomorrow, or even this week means anything in particular. And remember, it's a domino effect. Sure, some spots opened up today, but tomorrow after the new WL acceptances are handed out, more are going to open up, and so on and so forth. It's far from over!

Just logged into the student information system. "You are not enrolled in classes." "You have no outstanding charges at this time." All the grades are in. It's over. I can't believe it. Now all that's left is to get across the stage and get my diploma without face planting.

Reactions: 14 users
Hey, neat. I'm back from the dead. Please love me medical schools.

It would make sense...some folks still have multiples, and I wouldn't be shocked if some schools waited for everyone to finish Traffic Day before meeting and deciding on WL candidates. And we've all seen how long it can take them to review and make decisions...

I guess what I'm saying is that I didn't expect there to be much movement this week...apparently I was wrong and some schools are on top of things, but given the slow, slow pace of bureaucracy, I wouldn't say that no email today, tomorrow, or even this week means anything in particular. And remember, it's a domino effect. Sure, some spots opened up today, but tomorrow after the new WL acceptances are handed out, more are going to open up, and so on and so forth. It's far from over!

Very good point! I am just a little nervous because one of the schools (VCU) has already sent out batches of WL acceptances yesterday and today. :dead:

Hopefully you're right! I'm keeping my chin up but also preparing for the worst. The MCAT study saga continues!

My school usually doesn't start moving their waitlist until May 7-10. You'd think that since they start the first week of July, waitlist movement would start sooner than most schools, but I guess not.

true, its not like med schools are the ones tripping over themselves to hand seats to waitlisters. sellers market D:

I've been reading all of the wait list threads. Good luck to you guys today.

I'm joining the party...waitlisted at my top choice. Currently < 5 ppl ahead of me so hoping for good news soon. I've endured a lot of stressful times in my life, but this is def in the top 3. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
So... what's the deal? Was yesterday Traffic Day or is today? I'm confused... Orrrr did medical schools also get confused and some decided to release yesterday and some are aiming for today? :whistle:

So... what's the deal? Was yesterday Traffic Day or is today? I'm confused... Orrrr did medical schools also get confused and some decided to release yesterday and some are aiming for today? :whistle:
Excess needs to be depleted before we can move to the waitlist. Traffic day is just phase one. Many schools still have an excess of acceptances. As the ones that have an insufficient number begin to draw from those that have an excess, targets will be reached. Eventually the ones with an excess may become depleted and begin to poach from schools "below" them. They, in turn will poach from their favorite sites until all slots are filled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
Lol I never even got a post interview decision from one of my schools...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Lol I never even got a post interview decision from one of my schools...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

Same. It's killing me. I keep hoping that this last one will be an acceptance and not a wait list, but is that even a possibility at this stage?

After lurking the past week, decided to post here.
4 II, 3 WL (VCU, Tulane, WVU), 1 school hasn't posted yet.

Anyone know what VCU and Tulane's WL chances are? I know VCU has already started pulling.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Can some one explain the concept of poaching? How does that even work