Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
?????? Berkeley doesn't have a medical school
Actually, they do. It's a program coupled with UCSF. Five year program. It's awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

It would be great to know if there is any movement at UVM

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, they do. It's a program coupled with UCSF. Five year program. It's awesome.

So the WL on the program is moving? Like basically the feeding program WL is moving? I've never heard of that before! Thanks for the response

Later today I'll post anything I see.
Hi @gyngyn ! Thank you sooo much for taking the time to do this. Is there any connection between AMCAS and TMDSAS? The Texas schools had the same April 30th deadline for IS and OOS applicants. If there is a connection, can you see anything from UTRGV ?

Hi @gyngyn ! Thank you sooo much for taking the time to do this. Is there any connection between AMCAS and TMDSAS? The Texas schools had the same April 30th deadline for IS and OOS applicants. If there is a connection, can you see anything from UTRGV ?
We see acceptances at TX schools. I am not familiar with any exceptions regarding deadlines.
We don't have much overlap with UTRGV, sorry.

Reactions: 1 user
We see acceptances at TX schools. I am not familiar with any exceptions regarding deadlines.
We don't have much overlap with UTRGV, sorry.
Thank you. As everyone has said it's very kind of you to do this as we wait to hear back. Do you know if once TMDSAS schools have accepted an applicant whether they can see where else they've been accepted at AMCAS schools?

Thank you. As everyone has said it's very kind of you to do this as we wait to hear back. Do you know if once TMDSAS schools have accepted an applicant whether they can see where else they've been accepted at AMCAS schools?
We can see them, so I always figured that they could see us. I've never asked them, though.

Thank you gyngyn! if you any information on northwestern's WL, that would be appreciated!

Anything at UCincinnati by any chance? Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many waitlist offers are usually made at a time? Are we talking 10+ or more like 3-4 at a time?

If you give a mouse a cookie.....

@gyngyn this could be your full time job:)

Reactions: 8 users
Thank you gyngyn! if you any information on northwestern's WL, that would be appreciated!

Anything at UCincinnati by any chance? Thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

Or Rosalind Franklin?

@gyngyn Any movement from UCI? Thanks a lot in advance
So far, no.
If any of these things (or any others) become visible to me, I will let you know tomorrow!

Reactions: 4 users
So far, no.
If any of these things (or any others) become visible to me, I will let you know tomorrow!
i think you said rochester yesterday had movement. what about buffalo, upstate, and evms?

Haven't heard any mention of Quinnipiac (my last chance for MD, via waitlist.) Has anybody heard any movement yet? Seems a LOT of folks withdrew on the school-specific thread, but no new acceptances...

Unrelated to the subject of poaching..

I am holding an acceptance but am on the waitlist for three schools. I want to make sure I have good options for housing at my current school in case that's where I end up going, but I don't want to be legally bound to that city due to a lease in case I get off a waitlist. How are other people approaching this scenario?

I figure there are two options: 1) try to drag out the application/lease signing process at a place I want to live so I won't be stuck, but also strongly signal I want to live there so management doesn't give away my unit 2)go through university owned housing, which would probably be easier to break a lease with, because if I withdraw from the school then they will not be allowed to have me. Anyone have thoughts on this issue?

Reactions: 3 users
@gyngyn do you see anything for UMiami? Getting a little discouraged since it seems to be moving way way slower than last year (via the thread at least)

How about every school??

Reactions: 21 users
Unrelated to the subject of poaching..

I am holding an acceptance but am on the waitlist for three schools. I want to make sure I have good options for housing at my current school in case that's where I end up going, but I don't want to be legally bound to that city due to a lease in case I get off a waitlist. How are other people approaching this scenario?

I figure there are two options: 1) try to drag out the application/lease signing process at a place I want to live so I won't be stuck, but also strongly signal I want to live there so management doesn't give away my unit 2)go through university owned housing, which would probably be easier to break a lease with, because if I withdraw from the school then they will not be allowed to have me. Anyone have thoughts on this issue?

I found an apartment at my current accepted location. Paid application and reservation fee, can cancel until day I move in and only lose $99. Completely transparent with complex, told them 95% likely.

Reactions: 2 users
@gyngyn I'd love to hear if there's been any movement with Cooper in NJ. Thanks so much for taking the time to look! I've been getting discouraged that there hasn't been much movement for OOS

Every time I get an email I jump..so far it's been from beautykind and six flags -___-

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users

@gyngyn do you see anything for UMiami? Getting a little discouraged since it seems to be moving way way slower than last year (via the thread at least)

How about every school??

Thank you @gyngyn for the updates, do you happen to know any waitlist movement at Icahn Mount Sinai or Loyola?? Thanks.

@gyngyn I'd love to hear if there's been any movement with Cooper in NJ. Thanks so much for taking the time to look! I've been getting discouraged that there hasn't been much movement for OOS
I'll let you know if I see anything tomorrow morning.

New waitlist offers seen today (in order of most to least): UCSF, U of WA, BU, Mayo, Case, NYU, WUSTL, OU W Beaumont and UC Berkeley.
Do you think the movement at Berkeley is due to the question surrounding the future of the JMP program due to budget issues? Or is there typically a fair amount of movement there? Not sure how much of an insider you are...but do you think the program is truly in danger of being cut, or do you think there will be an 11th hour rescue?

Do you think the movement at Berkeley is due to the question surrounding the future of the JMP program due to budget issues? Or is there typically a fair amount of movement there? Not sure how much of an insider you are...but do you think the program is truly in danger of being cut, or do you think there will be an 11th hour rescue?
I can't recall ever seeing much waitlist movement (until this year) at JMP.

@gyngyn thank you so much for doing this. I am also wondering if there has been any recent movement at Cooper for OOS students.

So this year we have seen more WL movement than normal?

Reactions: 1 users
I can't recall ever seeing much waitlist movement (until this year) at JMP.
Sooo...in other words it is very likely due to the uncertainty of the program. It's such a shame. It's a GREAT program, and one that is really needed...especially in California! My gut feeling is it will be saved. Berkeley is hurting financially right now, but should be able to shed a lot of fat in other places without having to cut the JMP program. Otherwise, hopefully some wealthy benefactor (hello Mark Zuckerberg!) will come forward with some $$$ and save the program.

@gyngyn thank you for helping us!! 3 WL's here waiting on GT, Albany and EVMS!

today is the day. [worth a try]
upload_2016-5-5_9-17-24.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users
Any idea about any movement at Ohio State and Wright State? Not sure how the whole overlap thing works so not sure if you'd even see anything from Ohio. Either way thanks so much for taking you time to do this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

We don't have a whole lot of overlap with S Carolina schools, so it could easily happen whithout me seeing anything.

So your info on these schools is based on whether applicants from California are withdrawing or getting WL acceptances? I'm just curious how this is working