Wait-list Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
being waitlisted at uci sounds great lol. looks like theres movement every day
Not if you're still on the waitlist in spite of movement. :boom:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I guess it's good to see continued WashU acceptances, but good god it's tough to keep hoping I might eventually get one.

@gyngyn is there any consistency to how long it takes from a school dropping below their target number to issuing new acceptances? Or does it vary widely by school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it's good to see continued WashU acceptances, but good god it's tough to keep hoping I might eventually get one.

@gyngyn is there any consistency to how long it takes from a school dropping below their target number to issuing new acceptances? Or does it vary widely by school?
Varies by school.

Reactions: 1 user
I posted this in the other waitlist thread, but don't let the waitlist blues get you down. I got off the waitlist 4 days before classes started back in the day. Went on to be top 10% of my class, AOA, Steps 250+, and most importantly have an MD after my name. Stay strong y'all!

Reactions: 19 users
I posted this in the other waitlist thread, but don't let the waitlist blues get you down. I got off the waitlist 4 days before classes started back in the day. Went on to be top 10% of my class, AOA, Steps 250+, and most importantly have an MD after my name. Stay strong y'all!

not to be a killjoy but by back in the day do u mean 5-6 years ago when it was easier to get in

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what happens if the school over-accepts and most of them commit to going to the school- aka they're over their target number? What happens when the school doesn't have enough seats and it's the first day of orientation?

Does anyone know what happens if the school over-accepts and most of them commit to going to the school- aka they're over their target number? What happens when the school doesn't have enough seats and it's the first day of orientation?

Michigan paid people to defer a few years ago.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is really quiet! Does that mean waitlist movement is over already? :(

I think the last bunch of people offered a spot have a few days to decide and we might see some more soon

I was offered on 6/3, and they gave us 5 days. Schools are definitely shortening the time by now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This thread is really quiet! Does that mean waitlist movement is over already? :(

Yes. Because everyone who is applying uses SDN and follows this thread. ;)

Don't worry. Waitlists move forever. People were accepted at many schools yesterday. Your time will come, young Padawan.

Reactions: 4 users
Cornell is still giving people two weeks to decide...

Yes. Because everyone who is applying uses SDN and follows this thread. ;)

Don't worry. Waitlists move forever. People were accepted at many schools yesterday. Your time will come, young Padawan.
hahha ! You are right ! its easy to lose hope and get unrealistic tho :( its June 7th ...

I think this thread is a great idea! Many of the students I work with come to this thread to receive comfort and information through the process. I just wanted to say...you guys rock!

Reactions: 12 users
Since my last post there have been acceptances offered at Hopkins, Cornell, Columbia, NW, USF Morsani and W MI.
Ugh more USF movement without me :( Keep the WL moving!

so does that mean northwestern is offering acceptances to other students or your school is offering acceptances to students currently enrolled at northwestern?
We can see the acceptances being offered to students we have interviewed.
If the offer is to an accepted student the school has to call (or email) first.

If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out! You are going to do great!

How is everyone doing with the process of reapplying?

Tulane also moved. Without me but still. There was movement.

We can see the acceptances being offered to students we have interviewed.
If the offer is to an accepted student the school has to call (or email) first.
Interesting. I thought you could only see other acceptances for those you accepted? If you rejected someone post-interview, you can still track their results?

Let's say hypothetically that you are released from your top choice's waitlist due to school having already started in June. Is it okay to write a letter of intent to your second choice after having previously written a letter of interest?

Let's say hypothetically that you are released from your top choice's waitlist due to school having already started in June. Is it okay to write a letter of intent to your second choice after having previously written a letter of interest?
This is unlikely to have an effect. We don't actually believe them...

do you think letters of intent are just a waste of time to write? unless maybe you already got into a school but for some reasons yo wish to go to a lower ranked school and you want to let them know

I'm mainly asking because my second choice is actually pretty receptive to letters of intent and updates, almost as if they were suggesting us to create them if we really want to attend.

I'm mainly asking because my second choice is actually pretty receptive to letters of intent and updates, almost as if they were suggesting us to create them if we really want to attend.
Go ahead, then.
Are you accepted somewhere else?

do you think letters of intent are just a waste of time to write? unless maybe you already got into a school but for some reasons yo wish to go to a lower ranked school and you want to let them know
The time to write these is when someone accepted to a "better" or cheaper school prefers a "lesser" school where he is waitlisted.

The time to write these is when someone accepted to a "better" or cheaper school prefers a "lesser" school where he is waitlisted.

thanks for this advice. Has there been anything from UCI ?