Wait listed…now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laila_N

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have had 3 interviews for PhD Clinical Psychology programs. Sadly I'm an alternate at all 3 but no update on where on the list I sit…So naturally, I'm freaking out and searching for some helpful advice.

As April 15th gets closer and closer without any offers, I'm looking for another plan of attack. My interest lies in addictive behavior preferable binge drinking in adolescence/young adults. But any research in addictive behaviors would be great!

So I'm looking for anyone who can suggest:

1. Full time paid research assistantships!?
2. If/where a 1 year M.A. terminal clinical psychology program exists?
3. Or, a list of terminal clinical psychology that often funnel their students onto PhD Clinical Psychology programs.

Any and ALL advice would be helpful, Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. Really depends on your location. I'd do a search for these threads to help you, there are like 20 of them on this forum, no need to reinvent the wheel.
2. Even if you found one, I'd be wary. I imagine many clinical PhD programs may have a problem with a truncated program. You would almost assuredly be retaking the entire curriculum anyway, so it may not help all that much.
3. I would also do a forum search on this one, plenty of archived threads about this very topic.

My MO has been to freak out and overanalyze what it means that I have been wait listed and make up scenarios for each program in my head.....

Reactions: 1 user