Wait listed at Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellopeople

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been wait listed at my top-pick school (University of Michigan).

I can't find very much regarding the timing and typical level of movement for Umich wait lists.

Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to know this too. Hopefully we both get in, since I'm not sure private school tuition is a good investment.

I'd like to know this too. Hopefully we both get in, since I'm not sure private school tuition is a good investment.

If you live at home near the detroit area and got accepted to detroit mercy the cost of attendance is not really that much different. But if you live in the ann arbor area thats another story. Either way dont sweat it UDM is a solid school.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you live at home near the detroit area and got accepted to detroit mercy the cost of attendance is not really that much different. But if you live in the ann arbor area thats another story. Either way dont sweat it UDM is a solid school.

I'm from Grand Rapids, so I wouldn't be able to live at home either way. I liked UDM more than U of M, but I don't know if I can justify $400k in loans, especially with all this "the world is ending" talk about the economy.

Wow, I really didn't think you would get wait listed. I saw your stats on predents when I was comparing myself to others around my interview date. Those stats are seriously formidable.

The discouraging thing is, based on the little I've heard on the subject, Michigan's in-state wait list does not tend to move much. I'm not 100% confident on this point though, so take it with the proverbial grain of salt.

If anyone else could take a few minutes to shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, I really didn't think you would get wait listed. I saw your stats on predents when I was comparing myself to others around my interview date. Those stats are seriously formidable.

The discouraging thing is, based on the little I've heard on the subject, Michigan's in-state wait list does not tend to move much. I'm not 100% confident on this point though, so take it with the proverbial grain of salt.

If anyone else could take a few minutes to shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

It would make sense that it wouldn't move much. Why would anyone willingly pay an extra 100k for school? Especially when the cheap school is also a very good school.

Anyone with info on UofM's waitlist?? Would still like to hear someone shed some light on the topic. ^dentaljedi, Im in the same position as you, UDM is a great school and I am stoked to go there (not that worried about the cost though), however, 100k less in tuition and getting myself off the UofM waitlist is like winning the lottery. Fingers crossed for you as well.

Anyone with info on UofM's waitlist?? Would still like to hear someone shed some light on the topic. ^dentaljedi, Im in the same position as you, UDM is a great school and I am stoked to go there (not that worried about the cost though), however, 100k less in tuition and getting myself off the UofM waitlist is like winning the lottery. Fingers crossed for you as well.

The weird thing is I haven't heard of anyone getting in this week, you'd think at least one of the people in the January interviews would've been accepted.

It is strange. I noticed the same thing (and I've kinda been looking). None of the predents profiles with interviews listed for the 13th or 27th have an update, and I've seen no "omg I'm in - Umich class of 2016" posts. Seems kind of weird to send the wait list notifications before the acceptances, but I guess they must have their reasons.

It is strange. I noticed the same thing (and I've kinda been looking). None of the predents profiles with interviews listed for the 13th or 27th have an update, and I've seen no "omg I'm in - Umich class of 2016" posts. Seems kind of weird to send the wait list notifications before the acceptances, but I guess they must have their reasons.

They told us we would hear back by last week, so I think they did accept people. Maybe none of them are on SDN, or maybe they accepted people from earlier interviews. U of M kind of confuses me.

Hmm, well keep your heads up since you're sitting on a couple of acceptances. UM is probably still reviewing their latest batch of interviewees and still waiting to hear from people rejecting their admission.